Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks JLock

Bubba & Co.
They'll be 2 GT classes, the GT Open & GT Spec.

Do you guys run that engine in you're "Spec" program up there?

Putting together the website for the big race, will post it soon.OK
Old 09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No we don't run it. We have a $180 limit on motors. We was looking to get one if it was a legal motor for your race because it will be the motor to have if it's legal.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Are those the Mantua tires? I have run those here and like them.
Hello from France,
it's not Mantua tyres, it's an italian brand with hard rubber.
In fact, we raced the Rally Game challenge with always the same tyres for everybody. So no problem of which drivers have the best tyres!!!
And we choose the hard compound rubber so you can't put big engines...

Here's another standard buggy converted to Rally Game:

http://www.automodelisme.com/index.p...&topic=39148.0

[IMG][/IMG]

Au revoir.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default DM-1 Pro or DM-1 SPEC Pro

After racing on-road cars for years, I think I am going to give GT a try. I have my eyes set on the DM-1 but I could not decide which one to get. The DM-1 Pro (with longer wheelbase) comes standard with 7075 chassis, shock stays, braces and rear universals but does it perform better than the newer DM-1 SPEC Pro on track. Feedbacks from drivers who have actually driven both would be much appreciated.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jds5150
After racing on-road cars for years, I think I am going to give GT a try. I have my eyes set on the DM-1 but I could not decide which one to get. The DM-1 Pro (with longer wheelbase) comes standard with 7075 chassis, shock stays, braces and rear universals but does it perform better than the newer DM-1 SPEC Pro on track. Feedbacks from drivers who have actually driven both would be much appreciated.

I tested hard the 2 of them before buying one for myself. This is just my personal point of view of course :

Short Chassis :

- Rear vertical shocks, horizontal have almost same performance for me, but vertical ones help a lot to "feel" the shock setup better.
- Lighter.
- Faster on tight corners due to be short chassis.
- A little unstable on hard speed cornering and touchy on long straights.
- Lower priced.

Long Chassis :

- Better overal feel.
- Good on tight corners (not as good as short chassis but enough).
- Very very planted on high speed zones (straights and high speed curves/chicanes).
- Better "scale" looking.
- Higher priced.

I ended with LONG Chassis DM ONE, and i just installed vertical shocks front and rear and its amazing

hope you make the best desition for your hands,

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Jspeed. We are still waiting for an anwser.

Guys, been swamped with a lot of stuff and had a chance to check out this engine. Gotta say, it looks good inside, maybe a better Open class contender really.

Good looking crank cuts

Sleeve looks a lot like a old G1XP Pro

I don't know Dudes, would be way too much against the GXR & Force 28, lol

Thinking the Picco OFN51232 .28 might be a lot better fit in Spec, but by all means, the OFN51233 looks like a superstar with a great price for the Open class. Got any of them laying around?

So....... this Picco OFN51232 yes yes!

and......this Picco OFN51233...... oh noooooo!!

It does look like a monster .28 engine Bubba.

Should have the race website up over the weekend with a dozen or so Spec engines to choose from.

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-25-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jspeed,

Thanks for the info regarding the Picco engine request by Bubba Cola. I would not have known about the crank cuts, etc. Thanks for the pics of it as well. Dude, get us the information when you get it. I know that you are busy putting alot of this stuff together with very little help so it is better to move slowly and get it right than to move quickly, make mistakes, and then have to go back and fix those mistakes (which would make the process longer in comparison). Just keep up the good work and keep us informed when you can.

Juan
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Igt/gt2

From the Austin Tx group. What engines are legal for the stocker class? We would like to know if mikes in houston is running this class? The cars have been setting all summer.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,
here's another Rally Game car!!

http://www.automodelisme.com/index.p...&topic=39148.0

To the personns who built the GT Class Rules.
We (in france) built the challenge with the offroaders, because they often have an old buggy to convert.
So give a try to other chassis (in open class for example) like I present to you.
You will see the category growing rapidly!!!

Au revoir
Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Jspeed I race on the dark side. We can race an ofna right?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steven57rc
From the Austin Tx group. What engines are legal for the stocker class? We would like to know if mikes in houston is running this class? The cars have been setting all summer.
Your cars have been sitting all summer for no reason. The SWCS had an open and spec class for these cars and we ran them, myself included, until the interest died off. Mike's in Houston was racing them as well at the club level weekly until the same thing happened. No one knows why the majority of the guys just quit running them (all manufacturers of the IGT-styled car was included in the class). I helped to develop the rules for the IGT cars for the SWCS which allowed a few more engine choices for the spec class and even offroad buggy conversions and a wide range of engine choices for the open class. There are going to give it another go (maybe?) next year but will discontinue it all together if no interest is shown.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Jspeed I race on the dark side. We can race an ofna right?
From what I understand, all shaft-driven cars will be allowed. All cars manufactured as a GT-styled car will be allowed to run in either class while offroad buggy conversions will be allowed in the open class only.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

All brands of "Off-Road Buggy/Truggy Based Shaft-Driven" chassis are OK in both GT1-Open & GT2-Spec classes. The biggest thing that will seperate the GT cars will be engines.

Waiting on a few more details regarding the "Spec Engine" list for the GT2-Spec class, but the event website is up if anyone wants to learn more about the event location & schedule.

Looking forward to seeing the best GT racers the world has to offer.
It's going to be a great GT only racing event!

www.gtworldchampionships.com
Old 09-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jspeed, nice web site!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rpespo
Why do we need a class at the Nationals. I don't want to race with 1/10 and 1/8 guys. THIS event will be OUR Nationals. Hell, if all goes well, it might be the equivilent of a Worlds!

Hey Carl, check out the Inferno GT proboards forum for more info on the GT. What made you get that instead of another DM-1? How's the GT turnout been at ControlFreakz? Looking to get up there once more before the season ends. Maybe the trophy race next month.

TBO, explain DM-1 hybrid. Have you been to Blue Diamond?
are you going to blue diamond next sun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.