R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #2086
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japtj2000 View Post
If I do this modification in my car will it be in the spec class or will it be on the open class??? I want to do the conversion but then my car will be in an open class I think and it won't be in the spec class. I think this mod is not allowed in the spec class. This is a very good advantage over the stock cars.
It depends on where you race. There are no universal rules for this class. Ask whoever is running the program at your track.
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #2087
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpespo View Post
It depends on where you race. There are no universal rules for this class. Ask whoever is running the program at your track.
Its really only an advantage from the standpoint your transmission will not break anymore. The Ofna spec car comes with a shoe clutch. But some clubs, tracks, etc., interpret stock in different ways.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #2088
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Of course...I think that most people interpret "spec class" as spec or stock motor. Most other stuff like electronics and tires you're allowed to change.
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #2089
Tech Adept
 
japtj2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Yes you are right there are no rules by ROAR but my track has very finicky rules for the IGT class. One of the rules says you canít modify the clutchís and in this mod you are modifying the second speed clutch but anyway I will ask at my track what will happen with this kind of mods in the IGT class. At my track they wanted to keep the IGT spec class as entry level to keep the class as cheap as possible thatís why spec class donít allow expensive engines but the second speed modification is pretty expensive. But will see how the tracks handle this modification in the IGT class.
japtj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #2090
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Kyosho has released a new "B" part number for the gear set that is supposed to solve the problem. Same part # with a "B". That is what I would do first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #2091
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japtj2000 View Post
Yes you are right there are no rules by ROAR but my track has very finicky rules for the IGT class. One of the rules says you canít modify the clutchís and in this mod you are modifying the second speed clutch but anyway I will ask at my track what will happen with this kind of mods in the IGT class. At my track they wanted to keep the IGT spec class as entry level to keep the class as cheap as possible thatís why spec class donít allow expensive engines but the second speed modification is pretty expensive. But will see how the tracks handle this modification in the IGT class.

What track do you run at?
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #2092
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by japtj2000 View Post
If I do this modification in my car will it be in the spec class or will it be on the open class??? I want to do the conversion but then my car will be in an open class I think and it won't be in the spec class. I think this mod is not allowed in the spec class. This is a very good advantage over the stock cars.

Jorge,
The OS VZ-B VSpec engine you have in the IGT, takes you out of Spec class, you shouldn't worry about being in the guidelines of spec class with the 2 speed when you run that OS engine.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #2093
Tech Adept
 
japtj2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 165
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Vad,
I am no worried at all... I am just asking about the rules because if you remember when this class started in our track they were very tight with the rules and you know very well how many emails went back and forward about the rules and this modification is out of the rules for the spec class.
japtj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #2094
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hello.. any body using mp777 front shocks?? what is your shock oil weight F/R??

Im using 4 front 777 shocks.


Thanks..
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #2095
wwoodruff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
Hello.. any body using mp777 front shocks?? what is your shock oil weight F/R??

Im using 4 front 777 shocks.


Thanks..
I had MP 777 front shocks all the way around on my car for awhile, they worked very well, I currently have 80 weight losi in mine. I am using the black SP spring set. I just replaced them with the SP shocks by Kyosho. They are a really nice upgrade, they have less stiction and of course threaded shock bodies.

My car has not been on a track though, but I believe that is what most guys are running.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #2096
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks...


Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoodruff View Post
I had MP 777 front shocks all the way around on my car for awhile, they worked very well, I currently have 80 weight losi in mine. I am using the black SP spring set. I just replaced them with the SP shocks by Kyosho. They are a really nice upgrade, they have less stiction and of course threaded shock bodies.

My car has not been on a track though, but I believe that is what most guys are running.
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #2097
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
How else could you get one of these transmission conversions if you don't have a LHS that does business with Ipanema Sports? I would like one for both my cars (IGT1 & IGT2) but there is not a LHS near me that does business with you.

Also, how could I get some of those 1/10th scale rubber tires for my nitro & electric touring cars? I would like to try them out on our carpet track (we run a rubber tire class) and for outdoor concrete/asphalt racing.

Juan
Ipanema racing products are available through Ipanema Sports Dealers.

www.ipanemasports.com
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #2098
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdoktor2 View Post
ww,
I already have the two speed clutch and gears. It looks like it will still use the GT2 clutch bell and pinions as well. What kind of mod needs to be done on the two speed shaft?
There's a lot more going on with the conversion than you might think. The parts you have are only the tip of the iceberg.

The package is very complete, you won't be saving anything trying to track down the individual components from several different cars/brands.

A lot of time & energy has been put into the Ipanema Black Hawk SR Transmission to make it easier for you to win.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #2099
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
There's a lot more going on with the conversion than you might think. The parts you have are only the tip of the iceberg.

The package is very complete, you won't be saving anything trying to track down the individual components from several different cars/brands.

A lot of time & energy has been put into the Ipanema Black Hawk SR Transmission to make it easier for you to win.
I have them but they sold out in one day. It is a very complete kit that a lot of thought and work went into. I hope to have some more of them in stock next week.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #2100
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I did the metal gear conversion on my GT2. Here is what happens when you put a Rody Roem C6 engine into the car!

Lee
Lee

Was that before or after the video on your website?
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 12:03 PM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 07:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 12:40 PM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 11:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 02:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0