GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
That's cool, what track do you race your GT on?
Mainly on a parking lot track. It will mostly be run in Bvoltz Bass Pro Series in Mississippi. If the Porter, TX track (host of the 200mm Fuel Sedan Nats 2007) have some races that include the class, I may run it there as well (Porter is about 3 hours south of Dallas). Those are some very cool pics that you have this past weekend's race.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
We're asking if there is interest in running these cars at the Airtronics GP in Las Vegas January 18th through the 20th. Rich Taylor says that if we get six to eight cars we could run a class. There are several cars coming down from Northern Utah. Any NV, CA, AZ, West of the Mississippi (won't say 'no' to East of the Mississippi either)... IGT's that want to play. There will be rules... but pretty simple rules... somewhat based on the rules already suggested...

Most importantly... do we have any takers??
If there is interest in racing these in Vegas in January... Rich just sent me the following E-mail.

"Bill,

I need everyone that wants to run the IGT class signed up ASAP, I have to order trophies and without them signed up I cant make that happen.

RichTaylor

TeamTaylorRacing.net

702-326-3573"

He's serious about supporting the class, but, we have to step up now in order for this to happen. I believe that there are five Utah racers bringing their IGT's down. We need six to eight to justify the class. Any NV, CA, AZ (rest of the world...) racers that are willing to play?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know BIll,
I think they are scared of us Utah boys whoopin em all in this class.

I hear this track is pretty sweet. Big enough to let these cars see there full potential.

So come on!! Nobody wants to come race in Vegas?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trt3r
....So come on!! Nobody wants to come race in Vegas?
I would love to if I had extra vacation time to take off from the job. Just obtained my IGT last week and will be working on getting it ready to race for next year.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

I'd go too.

Great track, great city, great time!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, I guess this is a new class for you at the U.S.
In most mediterranian countries its quite a popular class and it' s called rally game.
There are a lot more brands than the one you mentioned as well as bodies and tyres.
Also most engine brands like Novarossi and Sirio have specific engines for this class.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Jspeed, what is the most common size motor you guys use on these cars? I just snatched out the 28 for a 21. I'll be in Tampa area in Feb or March.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Jspeed, what is the most common size motor you guys use on these cars? I just snatched out the 28 for a 21. I'll be in Tampa area in Feb or March.
Do you have a Kyosho Inferno GT car?

If you took out the factory .28 engine, hold on to it if you want to race in the Kyosho GT Stock Spec class.

The “Stock” class is getting bigger every day. This Sunday at SS Speedway we’re expecting 13 to 15 cars. I would think the way this class is growing that when you come down to Tampa there may be over 20 of them racing; something to think about.

In the Kyosho “Super Stock” class you can use just about any engine providing its displacement doesn’t exceed .28. The only thing is that we only have 3 “Super Stock” or “Open” class GT cars.

These numbers may change as the classes’ progress so, I’d be ready for anything too, but right now, it’s looking that the “Stock” class may be King.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

This race is next year! LOL
Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Do you have a Kyosho Inferno GT car?

If you took out the factory .28 engine, hold on to it if you want to race in the Kyosho GT Stock Spec class.
I have the Ofna Ultra GTP. I would have gotten the Kyosho (The best looking cars around!) but I have a set parts supplier for my Jammin Truggies. I am scratching my head wheather or not to run the stock engine or drop in one of my RB's. If stock means stock then the motor will stay....until I get more time with it. I'm still allowed to play if I bring a Ofna?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The big Kyosho push was for that race that just passed. The one sponsored by Kyosho.
I don't understand why they wouldn't race the stock Ofna along side the stock Kyosho's.
I asked the very same question in the Tampa thread...and got some answer I didn't fully understand.
The only competition that the IGT has is the GTP. The IGT has a weight advantage...whats the problem?
I'm sure the local 1/8 scale IGT guys will be happy to race with the GTP. The more the merrier, right?
Old 12-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

I couldn't care less if you guys run GTP's with us.

As far as the Airtonics champs race goes, Rich has just asked us to make the rules for the class ourselves.

They will be fairly loose rule I believe, more like an open class. He mainly wants to have SOME rules is all.

I see no reason why GTP's can't run, In fact, I will be running the porche 911 body on my IGT there.
Anyone wants to run them in Vegas in Jan, let us know....
Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trt3r
I couldn't care less if you guys run GTP's with us.

As far as the Airtonics champs race goes, Rich has just asked us to make the rules for the class ourselves.

They will be fairly loose rule I believe, more like an open class. He mainly wants to have SOME rules is all.

I see no reason why GTP's can't run, In fact, I will be running the porche 911 body on my IGT there.
Anyone wants to run them in Vegas in Jan, let us know....

The Ofna GTP cars are very cool too. According to the rules developed by RC Pro Series for this newly sanctioned type of On-Road car, any & all buggy vehicle chassis will be able to race in our “Open” class.

s.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Rules for the Vegas race... in an effort to get as many to show as possible...

Any 1/8th buggy based chassis
Any .28 or smaller engine
Rubber tires (no Foams)
Sedan type body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.