R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #2056
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 101
Default

Shout out to the GT2 and DM1 Crews. Max Velocity Racing has complete Carbon Fiber Kits for both cars. I trimmed almost a pound off of my DM1. Check them out. www.maxvelocityracing.com
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_0276.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_0284.jpg  
GT Speed Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #2057
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stone MT. GA.
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default DM1 SPEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak View Post
Shout out to the GT2 and DM1 Crews. Max Velocity Racing has complete Carbon Fiber Kits for both cars. I trimmed almost a pound off of my DM1. Check them out. www.maxvelocityracing.com
This stuff looks awsome, how does it handle now?
ADAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:42 AM   #2058
Tech Master
 
kmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: land O lakes,Fla.
Posts: 1,698
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAN View Post
This stuff looks awsome, how does it handle now?
I found that the car handle better on the infield and the weight save is a plus,and also make setup easy for some who might have trouble with lay down shocks.
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #2059
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 547
Default

[QUOTE=Jspeed;5692371]Just thought I'd let ya'll know that the Ipanema Black Hawk SR 2-speed transmission conversion kits will be shipping out next week.

The kit comes with detailed instructions and some real nice parts to build a bullet proof transmission for IGT2 cars. It uses Kyosho components from various cars including the world champion Evolva 1/8 scale on-road car.
QUOTE]

It would be great if anyone could post when any hobby shops actually have these in stock for purchase.

thanks
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 AM   #2060
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=barrys;5755867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Just thought I'd let ya'll know that the Ipanema Black Hawk SR 2-speed transmission conversion kits will be shipping out next week.

The kit comes with detailed instructions and some real nice parts to build a bullet proof transmission for IGT2 cars. It uses Kyosho components from various cars including the world champion Evolva 1/8 scale on-road car.
QUOTE]

It would be great if anyone could post when any hobby shops actually have these in stock for purchase.

thanks
I will be getting them on Saturday, 5/2/09 and i think i have one or two that have not sold yet.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #2061
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichael View Post
I found that the car handle better on the infield and the weight save is a plus,and also make setup easy for some who might have trouble with lay down shocks.


How you got it ?, i've been emailing that site for weeks and no answer ...
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #2062
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
How you got it ?, i've been emailing that site for weeks and no answer ...
Are you talking about the Carbon Fiber stuff or the Ipanema Transmission?

You can't the transmission from Ipanema. You have to go a through dealer. I've dealt with Winner's Circle, they're really good.
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R

Last edited by rpespo; 05-01-2009 at 11:12 AM.
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #2063
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpespo View Post
You can't get'em directly from Ipanema. You have to go through dealer. I've dealt with Winner's Circle, they are really good.
How much lettuce will I have to peel off in order to obtain this new transmission?
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #2064
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
How much lettuce will I have to peel off in order to obtain this new transmission?
Good question...Lee?
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #2065
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default metal gear conversion

I did the metal gear conversion on my GT2. Here is what happens when you put a Rody Roem C6 engine into the car!

Lee
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-100_0989.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-100_0988.jpg  
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #2066
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I did the metal gear conversion on my GT2. Here is what happens when you put a Rody Roem C6 engine into the car!

Lee
Wow!!!! Looks like a couple of Black Cat firecrackers were dropped into the gearing!!! I had that happen to the plastic gear but would have never thought that it would happen to the metal gear. Looks like the old HPI finger-styled two-speed clutch is not working out and Kyosho my need to revisit this and put the shoe-style clutch into the car (like the OFNA, ugh, I hated to say that!!!).
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #2067
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I did the metal gear conversion on my GT2. Here is what happens when you put a Rody Roem C6 engine into the car!

Lee
How much for the Ipanema tranny?
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #2068
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Wow!!!! Looks like a couple of Black Cat firecrackers were dropped into the gearing!!! I had that happen to the plastic gear but would have never thought that it would happen to the metal gear. Looks like the old HPI finger-styled two-speed clutch is not working out and Kyosho my need to revisit this and put the shoe-style clutch into the car (like the OFNA, ugh, I hated to say that!!!).
I figured with the metal gear i could let 1st gear wind up to about 40,000 rpms before it shifted. I guess I was wrong.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #2069
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpespo View Post
How much for the Ipanema tranny?
They are $149.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #2070
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
They are $149.

Lee
OUCH!!!!

Guess I will have to go back to the garden and cultivate a little more lettuce!!
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net