Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thanks J,

Did not mean to offend anyone I figured they both run in the same class so there might be some interest from the Gt owners.

Also I bought my IGT first and guess which one I am keeping? I love Kyosho product!

BRC

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Come on guys, this thread is not brand specific, everyone shares info here.

Its all good, good luck selling you car Bro
Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

The only thing I like about DM1 is the two speed, In my opinion is the only thing it has over GT. coming out of a box. The 40t gear is no good at all, last race I could not finish race with out stripping them out not one race. I put back 43T and it holds up well. I just like to see Kyosho make better two speed for this car.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert R
The only thing I like about DM1 is the two speed, In my opinion is the only thing it has over GT. coming out of a box. The 40t gear is no good at all, last race I could not finish race with out stripping them out not one race. I put back 43T and it holds up well. I just like to see Kyosho make better two speed for this car.
You mean like this Robert?

Picture by Mike Meyers of sgrid.com

www.ipanemasports.com
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

somthing like that I just like to get one I dont have to do any Chassis modifacations.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

somthing like that I just like to get one I dont have to do any Chassis modifacations.
There are several way to overcome the IGT 2 speed issues with no chassis modifications.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like to see them Bill . Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I like to see them Bill . Thanks
The moderators don't look to kindly to someone promoting another site. But if you will email me, I'll give you the link.

[email protected]
Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Come on guys, this thread is not brand specific, everyone shares info here.

Its all good, good luck selling you car Bro
That's the Jspeed that I became friends with
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Just wondering...
Has anyone setup the Losi L-8ight has a GT touring car? How does it perform compare to the GT2's and DM-1's
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ipanema tires owner...need some advise. I am wondering what SHORES to use for IGT racing here in Chicago area....last week, we still have SNOW (yes, crazy)....but usually @ summer time, we have around 80s temp (90-100s on track)...MWS and Byron National both running IGT class and LHR will host a full season point racing...

I just want to know does 45 shores sounds too SOFT? I think I will pick 2 full sets, thinking a set of 45s and a set of 50s...qualifier are 10 minutes each and the main are 30 minutes long...

Thanks for the advise....
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Ipanema tires owner...need some advise. I am wondering what SHORES to use for IGT racing here in Chicago area....last week, we still have SNOW (yes, crazy)....but usually @ summer time, we have around 80s temp (90-100s on track)...MWS and Byron National both running IGT class and LHR will host a full season point racing...

I just want to know does 45 shores sounds too SOFT? I think I will pick 2 full sets, thinking a set of 45s and a set of 50s...qualifier are 10 minutes each and the main are 30 minutes long...

I have been running Ipanemas for 1 full season and I usually run 45 front. The rears are determined by how the car is handling that day and some times I run 45, 40 or 35. Our track is extremely temperature sensitive and it manifest itself by having a car that is totally hooked up with 45 all the way around in the morning and then as the day goes on our track gets looser and looser. I usually run 40 rear for qualifying and 35 rear for the mains.

I suggest that you get some of the 35, 40, and 45 to try and use what is best for your track.

I have them in stock

Lee
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Solara,
I raced the beginning of the LHR season, Chicago MWS, and Byrons race on 40 shore front and rear. At the Racine MWS race I used 40 shore tires for the qualifiers and 45 shore tires for the main race. Didn't race the GT in 90 + deg. F weather.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At the Vegas track last month I ran 40 shores. The temp was in the 70's. They wore in real well for the qualifiers. I am taking 45's and 50's for the race in two weeks. Should be warmer.

A racer here in Utah ran 50's last season in our parking lot track and loved them.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara

Don't buy anything yet. Scotty hinted to me that they are considering a 'spec tire rule'. One tire that everyone will use to help keep costs down and the competition close. I'd wait to see what they decide before making a tire purchase. I hope they'll announce their decision soon.

Maybe instead of buying tires for your imaginary GT car you can spend that money to actually buy a GT car? Just a thought... (and just giving you a hard time old buddy... I hope you'll race our points series).
Old 04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default GT car points series at Leisure Hours Raceway, Joliet Illinois

For anyone with a GT car near Leisure Hours Raceway, we're going to do a points series this year.

Info here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...s-raceway.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.