GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Pro 1
Juan

If I remember correctly the lot was asphalt to start with but I can't answer the rest. I was told it cost about 13G to resurface.
That sounds about right. I have been working for an asphalt paving company as an accountant for the past year. I was just curious about the who, where, when, and how much. Hopefully Jspeed will fill in the details later.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
JSpeed, where in Tampa is this track? How far is it form Zypher Hills Fla?
Depending on where in Zephyr Hills you’ll be at your looking at about 30-45mins during non-peak traffic, during peak traffic hours give yourself an hour to cross town to the downtown Tampa airport area.

Take I-75 to I-4 West until it becomes I -275 South, then follow until the Dalemabry South exit. Make a right (West on First traffic light) on Cypress. The track is on the Left (South side) across the street from the Courtyard Marriot, you can’t miss it.

Look forward to meeting you this winter at SS Speedway.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
That sounds about right. I have been working for an asphalt paving company as an accountant for the past year. I was just curious about the who, where, when, and how much. Hopefully Jspeed will fill in the details later.
The surface was done by a company called Capital Development.

They did a nice job, the original surface was asphalt already but it was a little too rough for foam tire cars.

If all we were going to race were Kyosho Inferno GT cars we would have left it alone. These cars can run fast on almost anything.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tex1
I like the idea of these classes because you do not have to run on a perfect surface to race. Our LHS in Plano, TX is concrete. It has expansion joints in its surface and the 1/10 cars have a hard time. These cars just zip around and keep rocking. There are quite a few 1/8 buggies out here that do not like going off road. Maybe they will all come and race on road. That is a lot of folks!
Very cool in my book!
TEX
Good to hear!

Let us know more about your GT crowd, anywhere in America that has a good following is of great interest to RC Pro Series.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Carlton,

Welcome to the GT thread!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

This thread has been very quiet. I am about to obtain an IGT and get it ready to run in Bvoltz Mississippi series next year (if they still continue to run it). Box stock will be my choice due to wanting to have fun running this car and save my monies on my 200mm and 1/8th scale big race competitor cars.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

I got my Kyosho Inferno GT last week and have been getting it ready for the “Kyosho Nitrofest” race at the new SS Speedway in Tampa Florida this weekend.

The SS Speedway’s hobby shop received 10 IGT cars last week and now they only have 2 left for sale today!

We have all 8 IGT cars pre-registered for the “Kyosho Nitrofest” race this weekend.

Once more people see how much fun we’re having, how cool looking these giants are and how little investment is needed to run in these Kyosho supported classes, the number of IGT cars racing at SS Speedway should grow real fast.

I’ve been running it with all three shores of the Kyosho optional V-Slicks rubber tires since we’re trying to stay away from foams.

The car reacts well to set-up changes and actually looks very realistic on the track. Once I find the “perfect set-up” we’ll see how fast they are compared to more “conventional” on-road cars. The factory .28 has enough “grunt” to “light up” the slicks at will.

These cars are big, bad, fast and they’re coming soon to a track near you.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

I havn't gotten any response to my question on the other thread so I'll ask it here too.

What is the best body (downforce) to get for racing on asphalt?

How about bodies for dirt oval?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have raced the BMW and CLK bodies... I really like the feel of the Ferrari body. Seems better balanced. The rear wing comes quite steep... seems wrong... but handles better in the factory position rather than the 'normal' position.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck to the guys that will be running in the Kyosho IGT race in Tampa this weekend. Please report back the pros and cons that many of you will discover about the car, give some setup pointer, etc. Wish that I had mine and could be there.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We're asking if there is interest in running these cars at the Airtronics GP in Las Vegas January 18th through the 20th. Rich Taylor says that if we get six to eight cars we could run a class. There are several cars coming down from Northern Utah. Any NV, CA, AZ, West of the Mississippi (won't say 'no' to East of the Mississippi either)... IGT's that want to play. There will be rules... but pretty simple rules... somewhat based on the rules already suggested...

Most importantly... do we have any takers??
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Just picked up my IGT yesterday. It is the Ferrari F360 Modena shelled kit. I won't be able to make it to the Airtronics race in Vegas but will be getting it ready for Bvoltz Bass Pro series and any future race that I might be able to attend. The only upgrades for the time being will be the shock oil and radio gear. I am planning on running it box stock, for now.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

I raced my Kyosho Inferno GT this past weekend at the 1st Annual Kyosho Nitrofest event at Tampa’s new SS Speedway in Tampa Florida.

My IGT performed very well in the “Spec” class “A Main” for 30 minutes, was a blast to drive, I finished in 2nd place on the lead lap, including me being dumb & running out of fuel at the 1st fuel stop at the start of the race. I lost 6 laps to the field and somehow was able to make it up by the end.

My fastest lap times with the “stock” .28 engine were within 4 seconds of the fastest 200mm Nitro cars and will certainly improve with more set-up time with the Inferno GT.

I did make some “set-up” changes to the “box-stock” car that worked very well for me & I wish to share with anyone racing the Kyosho Inferno GT cars.

Kyosho Austin Martin Body
Kyosho IGT Heavy Sway Bars Front & Rear
Kyosho V-Slick 55 Shore Rubber Tires
Werks Racing Fuel
75W shock oil all around
50K Diff Silicon Front
10K Diff Silicon Rear
1 ½ Neg Camber Front
2 Neg Camber Rear
1 ½ Toe-Out Front

The Kyosho Inferno GT “Spec” class racing was exciting and looked very realistic.

Now more than ever, I know the Kyosho IGT will be the new “fun” & inexpensive class in On-Road R/C racing for 2008 and beyond.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I raced my Kyosho Inferno GT this past weekend at the 1st Annual Kyosho Nitrofest event at Tampa’s new SS Speedway in Tampa Florida.

My IGT performed very well in the “Spec” class “A Main” for 30 minutes, was a blast to drive, I finished in 2nd place on the lead lap, including me being dumb & running out of fuel at the 1st fuel stop at the start of the race. I lost 6 laps to the field and somehow was able to make it up by the end.

My fastest lap times with the “stock” .28 engine were within 4 seconds of the fastest 200mm Nitro cars and will certainly improve with more set-up time with the Inferno GT.

I did make some “set-up” changes to the “box-stock” car that worked very well for me & I wish to share with anyone racing the Kyosho Inferno GT cars.

Kyosho Austin Martin Body
Kyosho IGT Heavy Sway Bars Front & Rear
Kyosho V-Slick 55 Shore Rubber Tires
Werks Racing Fuel
75W shock oil all around
50K Diff Silicon Front
10K Diff Silicon Rear
1 ½ Neg Camber Front
2 Neg Camber Rear
1 ½ Toe-Out Front

The Kyosho Inferno GT “Spec” class racing was exciting and looked very realistic.

Now more than ever, I know the Kyosho IGT will be the new “fun” & inexpensive class in On-Road R/C racing for 2008 and beyond.
Thanks for the set-up tip. I will try this to see if it fits my driving style and make tweaks there.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Thanks for the set-up tip. I will try this to see if it fits my driving style and make tweaks there.

That's cool, what track do you race your GT on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.