R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #1876
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Was surfing around and found some info on You RG racing in France. Great tracks you have.

Congrats on your chassis too on 1st & 2nd place finish.

So entry is about $15.00 USD per day.

Looking at the finals, you race a few different chassis & some inexpensive engines, yes?

1/ Stéphane Mateo Hobbytech STR8 RG - Go - Mc Laren
2/ Romuald Derenne Hobbytech STR8 RG – Nova JP BLACK - Protoform
3/ Ludovic Try XB8 – RB - Protoform
4/ Alexis Dufau Crono RS03 – OS Speed – Mc Laren
5/ Sébastien Carrere Hyper 8 - GRP - Protoform
6/ Julien Kaddour Twister RG - SIIM - Audi Avus
7/ Virginie Vélu Hobbytech STR8 RG - Go - Mc Laren
8/ Julien Guichard Hyper 8 - OS Speed - Porsche 911
9/ Jean-François Coehlo Try XRay 808 – Ninja - Mc Laren
10/ Christophe Alvarez XRay XB8 - RB - Mc Laren

Does Stéphane race the STR8 RG chassis with the RTR engine too?
Hello,
you're right, we raced with big engines, because for all drivers are fron 1/8 offroad. So, because it's winter break, they race their old engines from last season in the Rally Game class.

Last race, the ferrari F430 IGT raced against other XB8, Hobao hyper 8 and 8.5, Hobbytech Str8 buggy or RG...It was not fast as the other cars because of the RTR engine.

Au revoir
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #1877
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello,
you're right, we raced with big engines, because for all drivers are fron 1/8 offroad. So, because it's winter break, they race their old engines from last season in the Rally Game class.

Last race, the ferrari F430 IGT raced against other XB8, Hobao hyper 8 and 8.5, Hobbytech Str8 buggy or RG...It was not fast as the other cars because of the RTR engine.

Au revoir
Understood… that was the point.

If someone goes to your race with your Hobbytech STR8 RG or another of the RTR GT cars would they stand a chance of winning against a JP Black, powered car?

Do you think the Ferrari will return?

If so, they will need more of a race engine to compete more, yes?

Then, it would turn into another “money war” class for everyone except those people that had an RB or Siim engine laying around, yes?

I would suggest maybe try to make a class based around your Hobbytech STR8 RG RTR chassis to offer a true level playing field. I think most of the RTR “GT” cars are very close in performance, so the racer with the Ferrari might give your races another try too.

RC racing has never grown into the “mainstream” because we make it too expensive in every R/C racing class for the “general population” to justify the investment over other sports that are fun too.

Something to think about…….yes?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #1878
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Wrong thread sorry .

Last edited by hippie; 02-03-2009 at 05:12 PM.
hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #1879
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to drkstorm Send a message via Yahoo to drkstorm

i had the igt now have igt2, have not begun break in yet
Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #1880
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tighten the gear mesh .. now... or you will strip 2nd. Loctite every metal to metal screw... and have a freakin blast... I am with mine...
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #1881
Tech Elite

Default Inferno GT2

Any good setups for caster, toe, spring or droop?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #1882
Tech Addict

There are several good setup sheets on this thread... there is one on page 8 or 9 that is a great starter. I do not run sways, 1000wt diff oil in my shocks, 1 1/2 degrees camber in all corners, 0 toe and about 'that' much droop. Garen (before he switched teams) and others have posted different and good GT setups here too. Then find what's best for you.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #1883
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I should document my setup/assembly for the GT car, including the shock mounting mods I made....I should probably do the same for my DM1S...for anyone who wants to try my setups. And to clarify, I did not switch teams, as I was never sponsored or received any support from Kyosho for my GT car. The car was borrowed and all the parts (spares, options, or otherwise) that went into it came out of my pocket. On the other hand, Jeffrey Lin from OFNA did help me out tremendously with the DM1S and if anyone needs any advice or help with that car, please let me know.

By the way, check out www.5thscale.com they are adding a GT class (open to various chassis makes) to their schedule, which includes a stop in Vegas in March. I would personally like to invite all GT drivers to the Motonica GP also in Vegas, in April, where we will have a GT class, and I am talking to Rich about setting in place some basic rules this time around.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #1884

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
I should document my setup/assembly for the GT car, including the shock mounting mods I made....I should probably do the same for my DM1S...for anyone who wants to try my setups. And to clarify, I did not switch teams, as I was never sponsored or received any support from Kyosho for my GT car. The car was borrowed and all the parts (spares, options, or otherwise) that went into it came out of my pocket. On the other hand, Jeffrey Lin from OFNA did help me out tremendously with the DM1S and if anyone needs any advice or help with that car, please let me know.

By the way, check out www.5thscale.com they are adding a GT class (open to various chassis makes) to their schedule, which includes a stop in Vegas in March. I would personally like to invite all GT drivers to the Motonica GP also in Vegas, in April, where we will have a GT class, and I am talking to Rich about setting in place some basic rules this time around.
looking forward to that Garen.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #1885
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am talking to Rich about setting in place some basic rules this time around.
There goes the class....

Let me guess... other than the four original rules... there will be something about a manditory Ofna chassis this time??
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #1886
Tech Addict

Quote:
By the way, check out www.5thscale.com they are adding a GT class (open to various chassis makes) to their schedule, which includes a stop in Vegas in March.

Is this to be held a the Rich's (yeah... county owned...but it is his baby) track?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #1887
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No, there will be no chassis rule, you can run OFNA, Kyosho, or any other buggy based chassis. Yes, the NATC Vegas date will be at the Silverbowl. Frank Killiam, 1/5 racer extraordinare, approached Rich about having this NATC event in Vegas and Rich agreed to help them run it. I don't know all the particulars, but this is a rubber tire only event, no 1/8th or 200mm cars, and the track will be prepped differently than how we normally do for foam tire events.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #1888
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't know if this has been asked or not but what is the status of Ipanema tires?? The reason I ask is that there has been no activity from him on here since October and my LHS owner can't get a hold of him to order more tires. This is after he would call all the time. Little info would be great. We are getting ready to get our spring orders in.

Thanks
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #1889
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak View Post
I don't know if this has been asked or not but what is the status of Ipanema tires?? The reason I ask is that there has been no activity from him on here since October and my LHS owner can't get a hold of him to order more tires. This is after he would call all the time. Little info would be great. We are getting ready to get our spring orders in.

Thanks
Probably the best thing to do is email him. From my understanding Ipanema is bring out some 1/10 tires and 1/8 offroad Buggy tires and some other goodies... I just check the Ipanema website and see the new stuff like the tires. Last email post I have seen by Jspeed is ipanemaracing@live.com, HTH
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #1890
Tech Elite

Quote:
No, there will be no chassis rule, you can run OFNA, Kyosho, or any other buggy based chassis. Yes, the NATC Vegas date will be at the Silverbowl. Frank Killiam, 1/5 racer extraordinare, approached Rich about having this NATC event in Vegas and Rich agreed to help them run it. I don't know all the particulars, but this is a rubber tire only event, no 1/8th or 200mm cars, and the track will be prepped differently than how we normally do for foam tire events.
When Frank & the 5th scale crew runs on the un-preped track for 1/2 hour, it will be ready.

The NATC Nitro GT Class is being sponsored by Kyosho & Ipanema.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote