R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #1816
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,126
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Many of you are missing the original point of why this class came about. I was created as a lower cost entry into nitro racing that was not as serious as the established nitro classes. It is great that many of you have deep pockets to mod your cars to the max. But the "spec" class was made for the guy/kid that wants to get a nitro car without having to spend $1500+ to do it. When you guys go hog-wild with the mods and push the envelope, you don't see that you chase away the guys that can't afford to do what you are doing to keep up with you. This class started out as a test of setup and driving ability due to the cars basically being equal. Now, many of you are turning it into a money-pit class just like 200mm nitro and Lola-body 1/8th scale, which is what this class was "not" suppose to be. Just my $0.02 observation.

Juan
You have hit the nail squarely on the head. Great summary.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #1817
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705 View Post
Hi Pato,
Question: Why wait to 2010 to run mixed, when quote start "the difference are very few" quote end.
I am sure the 1/8 off road based on road GT guys don't want to wait 1 year more to race against "the guys from the club who always makes the rules in Chile". But what happen here in Chile is the same old story.
See you around in Chile
Regards Claus


Nahhhhh Claus, the things are not that way anymore. It only started as mono-brand class because just ONE store supported the class, so they pushed the investment of importing the kits and 100% of the drivers agreed that "at least maintain for 1 full year" closed to DM-ONE. If you see, the class for 2009 allow for .21 free usage engines (.21 lola onroad class not allowed) and free on pipes + the rtr engines and pipes, and for sure on the next voting session by the end of the year, the class will be open for everyone, but always with a set of rules of low cost and things like that.

In fact, as new data, one importer already contacted IPANEMA SINTEC GT Class tyre maker, to import that brand to help support in a better way the hobby.

cya !!

ps : - Call me man !! ... 9338.58.48
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #1818
Tech Adept
 
rccobra705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Nahhhhh Claus, the things are not that way anymore. It only started as mono-brand class because just ONE store supported the class, so they pushed the investment of importing the kits and 100% of the drivers agreed that "at least maintain for 1 full year" closed to DM-ONE. If you see, the class for 2009 allow for .21 free usage engines (.21 lola onroad class not allowed) and free on pipes + the rtr engines and pipes, and for sure on the next voting session by the end of the year, the class will be open for everyone, but always with a set of rules of low cost and things like that.

In fact, as new data, one importer already contacted IPANEMA SINTEC GT Class tyre maker, to import that brand to help support in a better way the hobby.

cya !!

ps : - Call me man !! ... 9338.58.48
Hi Pato

I have been ready to buy me a Kyosho GT2 for some time, because it is cheap for me and a lot of other people to run this class box stock more or less.

As the rules are here for 2009 it means for me, that I can made Saturday training, but not run the race at Sunday because the cars are “different”. Training is hard work and the race is fun and you know that, but it bored to race alone.

And now you tell me, there is open engine for DM-One and then, to race the DM-One competitive, then I need a better engine even you not can use lola on-road engines, (who control that, nobody due that in Chile) so my cost increase, because nobody wants to be 10 laps behind with an RTR.
Better tire supply will not help to increase, if people not can race their cars.

I will quit to buy me a GT2, because there will go 1 year more before I can go racing and the same dicussion will start again.

I will call you later.

Regards Claus
rccobra705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #1819
Tech Master
 
kmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: land O lakes,Fla.
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Mike, good luck with your new car, hope it helps you
What's up man can I have some fun I recall you trying,and I say again trying to run 8th scale on road it was like a pinball game maybe that's why you're into trying to control the GT class and beat up on new racers, dam here we go again,sorry everybody,Jeff get a grip I'm here not over seas I know you remmber
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #1820
Tech Regular
 
Timmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default GT class rules

Hello "GT" racers!
I just want to express my opinion on this subject.
I don't see why they just don't use the same rules as nitro off-road.
Nitro off-road guys run different engines without a problem,why would it be a problem for GT class.Nitro off-road guys use .21's and .28's,and no one complains about being faster,and the off-road world seems to be getting larger and larger.A fast engine does not guarantee a win...But it does have to stay as buggy based,not that BMT car..

P.S. The stock engine by no means is slow.


BTW....This is my GT...


Last edited by Timmo; 01-16-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #1821
Tech Master
 
MiamizFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Hey timmo what part of south florida are you in?
__________________
-= Made In Dade =-
MiamizFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #1822
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705 View Post
Hi Pato

I have been ready to buy me a Kyosho GT2 for some time, because it is cheap for me and a lot of other people to run this class box stock more or less.

As the rules are here for 2009 it means for me, that I can made Saturday training, but not run the race at Sunday because the cars are “different”. Training is hard work and the race is fun and you know that, but it bored to race alone.

And now you tell me, there is open engine for DM-One and then, to race the DM-One competitive, then I need a better engine even you not can use lola on-road engines, (who control that, nobody due that in Chile) so my cost increase, because nobody wants to be 10 laps behind with an RTR.
Better tire supply will not help to increase, if people not can race their cars.

I will quit to buy me a GT2, because there will go 1 year more before I can go racing and the same dicussion will start again.

I will call you later.

Regards Claus


Claus my friend,

Just go and buy the damn DM-ONE and come to race with us man !! ...

The RTR engine its competitive in fact fastest drivers use the stock engine, "I DECIDED" not to use it just because im a GO Engines Factory Driver and wanted to use my .21's on the DM-ONE. SO, right now its not a high cost class, 90% of the people runs the car with stock engine, just 2 drivers use .21 engines (offroad low cost engines).

I will do my best to make changes for 2010, and then you just give up your worn out DM-ONE chassis, get a spec one with shorter shafts and new rear section and you have a SPEC car man !!

OFNA Tyres on the CACH track are so-so to so-ok and the importer will try ipanema to see if the performance increase.

COME ON MY FRIEND !!! ... this weekend i will be out of town for the first stage of the nats in offroad ... but February 15th its the next onroad race at CACH just go with me and take a look (you know how hard i am on my opinions, but to be honest right now the things are being done right) at the race and the cars and get your own vision about it ...

cya !!!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #1823
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichael View Post
What's up man can I have some fun I recall you trying,and I say again trying to run 8th scale on road it was like a pinball game maybe that's why you're into trying to control the GT class and beat up on new racers, dam here we go again,sorry everybody,Jeff get a grip I'm here not over seas I know you remmber

Mike,
Why do you always have to come on these threads try to attack me on a personal level?

Do you really want me to “bash” you in front of everyone, again?

Once upon a time we seemed to be good friends. I think your hard feelings started the day you showed up to race your “IGT Spec” class car with a flywheel drilled out that looked like Mickey Mouse’s “Swiss cheese”, when every other racer’s car was stock.

I heard a “guy” showed up to race at “Nitrofest2” with a “lite-weight” GT car to race against “stockers” of the same “brand” and nobody said squat about it.

Care to tell the world what the outcome of the “GT Spec” race was?

Would the outcome have been the same if his car was really “stock”?

There are many racers around the world that read & post on this thread.

They understand & agree why there is a need for a GT Spec class in RC racing that is open to all “Brands” of chassis.

They understand that rules that prohibit “shady” activities within the class will provide a means to control against any unfair advantages that can be made against the racers that understand the true meaning & spirit of this class.

I really don’t want to go round & round with you Mike for 2009 too. I just wanted to wish you good luck, enjoy your new car and hope you do better this year. I hope it stops here & now, but as always, up to you Mike.

Last edited by Jspeed; 01-16-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #1824
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stone MT. GA.
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default IGT

I am new to this class of racing. This sound great. Can you use the IGT2 cars? Keep me posted!
ADAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #1825
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAN View Post
I am new to this class of racing. This sound great. Can you use the IGT2 cars? Keep me posted!
Yes, I think most of the groups racing GT cars allow most of the RTR GT cars.

The only thing is you'll have to check on if they allow "jokers" with heavly modded cars race against "stockers" with lite-mods.

That's all the argument on this thread, the different "brands" are opening up for everyone.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #1826
Tech Regular
 
rpespo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichael View Post
What's up man can I have some fun I recall you trying,and I say again trying to run 8th scale on road it was like a pinball game maybe that's why you're into trying to control the GT class and beat up on new racers, dam here we go again,sorry everybody,Jeff get a grip I'm here not over seas I know you remmber
We're all trying to be positive and help each other out here. If you're start this shit up again, go back and do it on the Florida thread, thanks.
__________________
Rich E

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #1827
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,339
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

It appears that kmichael doesn't understand what the word "spec" means. It is guys like him that help to kill a class by either bucking the rules set forth or poor-mouthing said rules because the rules' makers won't cater to him. In MS where I run my IGT1 & 2, I make sure my car follows the rules of the class that are set forth by race management. I like this "spec" class and have my most fun racing because it will show you who can 1)tune their engine better than the rest, 2)set up their car better than the rest, and 3)drive better than the rest. It isn't about who can afford the most/best hop-ups or can get parts that no one else can get. It isn't about who has the biggest pockets to afford the biggest, baddest engines, pipes, clutches, etc. The class is like the former IROC series in NASCAR. With all the cars being identical, who really is the better driver? As the guys that I race with in Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN can tell you, my car isn't the fastest out there on the track, but mine is the best handling car and my lines are much cleaner than many of my competitors. Trust me, there are guys with faster cars, but what good is that when you are crashing, flaming out, and breaking all the time?
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #1828
Tech Master
 
kmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: land O lakes,Fla.
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If you go back to post #1813 Mikar asked what engine I ran with a centex clutch, then I responded now I run a pure stock DM1 spec that handle much better than the IGT car with all the changes that's all I also told jeff in a pm let's have a good year which he failed to tell that part and he started about someone else he's having a problem with,so in post #1823 jeff started on me but enought man if what I said was miss placed I'm sorry did'nt mean it that way,that's for everone on this thread sorry! now as for you jeff it stops here see you when I see you,understand, my last post here,everone enjoy a great hobby I do thank you
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #1829
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
It appears that kmichael doesn't understand what the word "spec" means. It is guys like him that help to kill a class by either bucking the rules set forth or poor-mouthing said rules because the rules' makers won't cater to him. In MS where I run my IGT1 & 2, I make sure my car follows the rules of the class that are set forth by race management. I like this "spec" class and have my most fun racing because it will show you who can 1)tune their engine better than the rest, 2)set up their car better than the rest, and 3)drive better than the rest. It isn't about who can afford the most/best hop-ups or can get parts that no one else can get. It isn't about who has the biggest pockets to afford the biggest, baddest engines, pipes, clutches, etc. The class is like the former IROC series in NASCAR. With all the cars being identical, who really is the better driver? As the guys that I race with in Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN can tell you, my car isn't the fastest out there on the track, but mine is the best handling car and my lines are much cleaner than many of my competitors. Trust me, there are guys with faster cars, but what good is that when you are crashing, flaming out, and breaking all the time?
Sorry to ask this Jlock, ..... I'm looking for a confirmation.

When you say "SPEC", is this also means : We have to use only PERFEX radio system and PERFEX servos ? Are adjustable titanium turnbuckles ok to use for steering servo link ?

Thanks J.



__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus

Last edited by asw7576; 01-17-2009 at 01:41 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #1830
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default Inferno GT-2

What's the part number of those bearings? I want to replace the stock brushings on the 2 speed transmission.
__________________
Tamiya 416X/ Tamiya TA-05 IFS/ Losi XXX-SCT/ HPI Baja 5SC/ Tamiya M05/ Tamiya F103/ Tamiya F104/ Team Associated 10R5O/ Kyosho IGT2/
Foxxrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 12:03 PM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 07:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 12:40 PM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 11:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 02:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0