R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #1771
Tech Master

That's interesting, thanks Jeff for the clarification
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #1772
Tech Master

BTW.. here's the cord extension I prepared for the pullstart shown in the lower picture

Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #1773
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Alfonso, no te imaginas la alegria de saber que todo est bien contigo amigo ...

Im a official GO Engines Driver, so any question you have about GO products, just let me know ...

Do you have a link with info about the GT class in Peru ?

cya !!
Hey Pato...thanks man...as I said, still have issues down here...jajajaja

Any link where I can see those GO engines, and how do they compare to more common brands??

No link yet...we are rebuilding the hobby down here after we lost our track last year...long story...but we have new facilities for On Road that well inaugurate late February....

CYA
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #1774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Guys,

Do the OFNA DM SPEC have A LOT of performance difference over the standars chassis OFNA DM ONE ? ...

Right now im about to enter to this class and locallyy its almost impossible to get a SPEC but we do have a lot of DM ONE available at stores ... it worth the buy ?

thanks,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #1775
Tech Elite

AFM,

Im a GO Engines Factory Driver ... in PERU, XTREME Hobbies (Adelmo and Ivonne) are about to became distributors of the brand, so stay tuned

cya,

Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #1776
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Guys,

Do the OFNA DM SPEC have A LOT of performance difference over the standars chassis OFNA DM ONE ? ...

Right now im about to enter to this class and locallyy its almost impossible to get a SPEC but we do have a lot of DM ONE available at stores ... it worth the buy ?

thanks,
Pato

Depends on the set of rules you have, because the DM ONE is actually a
1/7th scale car that is why OFNA came out with the SPEC model which is a 1/8th scale car...as per performance, the DM ONE is very good car, in fact some say better than the pure 1/8th GT spec cars....

CYA
AFM
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #1777
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Pato

Depends on the set of rules you have, because the DM ONE is actually a
1/7th scale car that is why OFNA came out with the SPEC model which is a 1/8th scale car...as per performance, the DM ONE is very good car, in fact some say better than the pure 1/8th GT spec cars....

CYA
AFM

Thanks AFM ... but as far as i know SPEC its very very close, to ONE, just few mm's less right ?

thanks,

Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #1778
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Thanks AFM ... but as far as i know SPEC its very very close, to ONE, just few mm's less right ?

thanks,
Tabushi....lets do it this way (I've got confused by reading what you wrote).

DM1 Pro - 1/7th scale, both lay-down suspension design with more options and more expensive...not really IGT spec race friendly unless some tracks allow that to race with IGT class, but I don't see too many..

DM1-Spec RTR 1/8th scale - THAT, is probably the one that you need to deal with. With the engine that meet most of the SPEC IGT rule...with only a few less not so important options then the DM1-Spec PRO (kit version)...bargain of the class. It is DIFFERENT car compare to DM1.

DM1-Spec PRO 1/8th scale - for those who don't need the $20 radio system, the spec engine, the not so cool looking benz body, and want to build your own IGT car with better options (some said, the brakes are better on PRO version, along with the shock towers material, then the Protoform body...) overall cost a little more then the RTR version. It is DIFFERENT car compare to DM1.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #1779
afm
Tech Master

Quote:

thanks,
Not so, it's much larger between axles, and so on.....its another scale unfortunately....

AFM

Ojo!!!! tengo entendido que ofna ya no va a soportar ese modelo, porque internacionalmente la clase GT es 1/8, por eso sacaron el SPEC ONE..
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #1780
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
Not so, it's much larger between axles, and so on.....its another scale unfortunately....

AFM

Ojo!!!! tengo entendido que ofna ya no va a soportar ese modelo, porque internacionalmente la clase GT es 1/8, por eso sacaron el SPEC ONE..

Estas hablando en serio !?

Aqu en Chile el UNICO que se vende es este :

http://www.ofna.com/dm1-rtr.php

Here i just sold my touring electric equipment so i got the money to buy the GT Class car ... now im in doubt on what to get ... and as far as im geting info, in my country they are racing DM-ONE 1/7 100% ... arrrgghhhh ... thats give me 0% chances of buy it and some day pick it up to Peru and race with you

opinions ?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #1781
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Estas hablando en serio !?

Aqu en Chile el UNICO que se vende es este :

Here i just sold my touring electric equipment so i got the money to buy the GT Class car ... now im in doubt on what to get ... and as far as im geting info, in my country they are racing DM-ONE 1/7 100% ... arrrgghhhh ... thats give me 0% chances of buy it and some day pick it up to Peru and race with you

opinions ?
If you read back some pages, somebody commented about the issue on DM-1 and SPEC One....It is a difficult decision you have there, but if you think global, you have to stay on 1/8th scale.
In Europe it was called Rally Game class, now changed to GT class, in Mexico it is only Kyosho IGT class, in the States it is different everywhere...some race only OFNAS, others only Kyosho, others mixed....ROAR has no rules yet, but it will eventually follow international class 1/8th GT cars....my 2 cents

AFM
Old 01-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #1782
Tech Elite

I do agree with you AFM my friend ...

Today was a "internall investigation" day ...

The thing is that the class started in Chile (my country) last year inside a club, and now got bigger (not so much, like 30 cars already) and by mid-december 2008 they had a meeting about rules to be applied to the class, if accepting buggy-transformed cars, specs, etc ... and they only opened up to :

- .21 low budget engines (very similar to peruvian rule)
- any pipe you want to use

But on the "other cars" they didnt accepted anything so 100% of the people MUST race with the DM-ONE (pro or RTR, but ONE) on 2009 ... next voting exercise will be by the end of 2009 so im seriously thinking that, as usual in southamerica, things will be opening every season just a little more, i think for sure 2010 will be the SPEC and Kyosho year lol ...

So, i do have to decide about going inn and be one more on the class and push for improvements along the season, or just cross my arms and wait 1 more year "if" changes are made

opinions ?

cya,

Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #1783
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
I do agree with you AFM my friend ...

Today was a "internall investigation" day ...

The thing is that the class started in Chile (my country) last year inside a club, and now got bigger (not so much, like 30 cars already) and by mid-december 2008 they had a meeting about rules to be applied to the class, if accepting buggy-transformed cars, specs, etc ... and they only opened up to :

- .21 low budget engines (very similar to peruvian rule)
- any pipe you want to use

But on the "other cars" they didnt accepted anything so 100% of the people MUST race with the DM-ONE (pro or RTR, but ONE) on 2009 ... next voting exercise will be by the end of 2009 so im seriously thinking that, as usual in southamerica, things will be opening every season just a little more, i think for sure 2010 will be the SPEC and Kyosho year lol ...

So, i do have to decide about going inn and be one more on the class and push for improvements along the season, or just cross my arms and wait 1 more year "if" changes are made

opinions ?

cya,
First I would do some search on the rumor about OFNA dropping the 1/7th DM-ONE...that would require a revision on the club on admitting other brands and/or OFNAs DM-ONE SPEC RTR or PRO, because what would newcomers buy???

The other alternative is the pioneer route....you creating the International 1/8th GT class....either like our class which is GTS (sport) buggy based with limiting rules, or GTO(open) including belt driven cars and foams...

The other alternative is if you can't beat them join them...and try to change things from inside and meanwhile enjoy the racing...

AFM
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #1784
Tech Elite

AFM,

Try to get the info ... but i think i will have to join ... the 2 main stores here have a huge stock of DM-ONE cars and parts and upgrades and all ... so no problem with parts and support ...

DAMN !! why in my country always the things starts with the legs up and the head down

Anyway, if i join the DM-ONE class here, will do my best to change things for 2010, as 2009 its CLOSED ...

cya !! will be posting pics and vids if all ends good ... thanks a lot for the help ...

Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #1785
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Clear Corvette Body for the GT2 is now available on the Kyosho site. Part # IGB152.

Winnerscircle also says he has them per his post on another site.

I believe I will paint a new body with Pactra or Faskolor (or any other paint made for lexan bodies) paints so the paint doesn't flake off (are you listening Kyosho).....
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote