Originally Posted by vadn1
You guys are making a big whoo-hah about nothing...........Lets get back to something productive for the GT class Thread and discuss topics like setups, tires, tire warmers, and more spy pictures MikaR's IGT2. How about some new video of 1/8 GT racing.....anyone....
I don't think anybody is making whoo-hahs, or whatever you thought.....we are just expressing our constructive opinion on something, with respect, and consideration....you are free to express yourself to.....no bad feelings
Just to close my point, following is our set of rules and regulations of our GT class, want to know your opinion.
1/8 GTS CLASS RULES AND REGULATIONS PERU 2009-2010
1. 1/8 th scale cars, derived from a Buggy platform, or models created for this class but with shaft driven transmission system ONLY.
2. Rubber tires ONLY. Foams are not allowed.
3. Two speed gearbox allowed.
4. No limits on radio and servos.
5. Brakes are free with respect to number and material, as long as they are on the transmission axle.
6. Central differential is not allowed, neither Thorsen type differentials in either axle.
7. Engines allowed
Original equipment engines from any Ready To Run Kit up to .28ci (4.6cc).
Any .21ci (3.5cc) 3 port Off-Road engines, with a maximum MSRP of $200.00.
8. The recoil system (pull start) is optional and may be removed.
9. Only centrifugal shoe type clutches allowed. No Centax type clutches allowed.
10. Gas tanks:
For .28 ci engines you can use either 125 cc or 150cc. tanks.
For .21ci engines only 125cc. tanks are allowed.
11. General dimensions:
Max. Length with body: 730mm
Max. width with body: 336mm
Distance between axles: Min. 270mm / Max. 361mm
Max width outsider of wheels: 310mm
Max. Height of body with rear wing and side plates,
(With the suspension compressed against a flat surface): 340mm
12. Body rules:
Body must be sedan or GT style body, No Can-Am style allowed.
1. The rear of the body can be cut up to 29mm over a flat surface in which the car rests.
2. You can cut the side windows, (sedan body only the front side windows and an appropriate hole for the pull start).
4. You can cut a max. 76.00mm ventilation hole in the front windshield.
5. You can cut the rear window totally.
6. You can cut a max 20.00mm hole on the roof for the igniter.
7. No refueling hole on the roof allowed.
8. You can cut an appropriate hole for pipe stinger.
8. Rear wing must be attached to body and not to chassis.
13. Minimum weight without fuel: 3.300 Kg.