Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 11-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Guys i just wanted to bring some color to GT and the PF8-gt body.I painted this for Jeffrey Lin when he went to the Paris Memorial Race.

Looks good!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thanks Vad

Here's the Specs on the Kyosho IGT cars:

IGT1 Specs
Wheelbase 325mm
Track Width 262 – 265mm

IGT2 Specs
Wheelbase 360mm
Track Width 262 – 265mm

Does anyone know the specs on the DM1S & GTP1-2 chassis?
rules or not you don,t even come out to race!!!!you want rules so you can have something else to cry about when OFNA boys kick your butt!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Is this the crappy GT car that Garen mentioned before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/kyosho-inferno-g...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.rctech.net/forum/4644037-post842.html
Old 11-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

DJ,
What is going on with the DM-1, is the car kit still in production? What about parts and clear bodies for the 1/7 DM-1 will they still be made now that the DM-1 Spec in out?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pit-master
rules or not you don,t even come out to race!!!!you want rules so you can have something else to cry about when OFNA boys kick your butt!!!!
WOW
Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vadn1
DJ,
What is going on with the DM-1, is the car kit still in production? What about parts and clear bodies for the 1/7 DM-1 will they still be made now that the DM-1 Spec in out?
Whats up? vadn1 you can get whatever you need for the DM-1 1/7th scale car even the kit, I know that nitrohouse.com carry everything for this car at great prices too including body,and things are probably quiet about the 1/7th scale DM-1 because its so damn awesome,and alot of the kyosho GT car drivers dont want to sit beside them at all, which is understandable its and all out better car out the box,and if you get any of the IGT's you gotta put so much money into it to make it a high quality racing machine,with the DM-1 very little money, I have them all the IGT1,IGT2,DM-1 1/7th and DM-1spec and I had to really buy alot of upgrades for the Igt's for sure to make it even worth starting them up, but for me Ill only race them if the competition is fair-meaning Igt1 for any DM-1spec and the IGT2 for any Dm-1 1/7thscale only because of its chasis size,and I will not race the weak spec class, because I dont enjoy racing that RTR junk they put on these cars to sale them, I prefer the open class let these real scale cars run like they should and when you get these GT class cars to run with quality engines and foam tires and change the diffs oil and shock oils and add some upgrades hey you will be happy indeed, and if you want to see some GT class racing at its best next race season please visit 301 raceway in maryland, you will really enjoy yourself and you will see why the open class is much better too!!! but nitrohouse has all your DM-1 or spec parts and kits and bodies too!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

If this post is true you wouldnt believe this the way he talks like hes a racing pro, but hey they say actions speaks louder than words is he the opposite, knows everything but really dont,HE havent post nothing in a while, I guess hearing the truth and great sense just scared him away,or is it the OFNA DM-1's, but hey its only r/c cars thats how I look at it,and one more thing always race with the best,and dont settle for less!!!! GT class racing is for challenges not for cowards and single minded people try the open class and invest in making your GT car a pure racing machine,and invest slowly aas if you was building a 68 camaro to race the .25 mile straight same senario!! think about it!!! Ill race anybody in gtclass with any of my cars!!! (Deebo from friday!!) WHO ELSE WANT SOME!!! GT CLASS FOR LIFE
Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Yo pit biach,

Last race I entered was Fort Meyers and yeah… I won it, the only crying was from you, because your “owner” lost, remember?

Been racing the IGT for over a year, something you’ve never done.

As far as not attending any races in the past two months, what can I say…. I'm happy to have a life outside of R/C. Spent this past week sailing and go-karting…it was great.

Will be missing races in December too, taking my 2 week vacation in Las Vegas, and visiting friends & family up north for Christmas.

Maybe Santa will give you a hand-me-down chassis, so you can race instead of being someone’s dedicated pit biach the rest of your life.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Nice paint work!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 66ss
inferno gt1 guys.....what are u runing for brakes...the out the box set up fads like crazy.....what should i upgrade to????
The very best brake set up for the GT1 or GT2 is to replace the rotor and pads with KYifw122 adn KYifw324. These are legal if you are running the car in a spec class and they work great.

I have both parts in stock at Winner's Circle.

Lee
Old 11-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

GT2 brakes are not for racing. I got two heats (yeah.... 5 minute heats) out of the stock dual rotor brake set. I took the turned roter and sintered pads off of my GT and problem solved. Note the neatly rounded center of these rotors.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-kyosho-rotors-001.jpg  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

The DM-1 full size car is no longer made but the parts will still be offered along with the bodies(the M-series and the N-series)so don't worry about parts not being available.

And thanx guys for the reply on Jeffery Lin's paint job, I'm glad you guys like my work.

Originally Posted by vadn1
DJ,
Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
GT2 brakes are not for racing. I got two heats (yeah.... 5 minute heats) out of the stock dual rotor brake set. I took the turned roter and sintered pads off of my GT and problem solved. Note the neatly rounded center of these rotors.
Got to quit riding the brakes while you are racing!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
wwoodruff

Default Whose tires is JL running?

What foams does JL have on his car?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
What foams does JL have on his car?
LOOKS like GQ Racing Tires http://www.racedayhobbies.com/gq_inferno_gt_tires.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.