Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Series '08' 39th year!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Yet another good job for toledo and another season for the Midwest Series (wish i could have been there for all of them)

Just a thought, perhaps when the final toledo report and midwest series recap is posted it should be forwarded over to Redrc. I see race reports all the time from europe posted there.

http://www.redrc.net/contact

http://www.redrc.net/category/racing
Old 09-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Ron,

Is there a way you could have the full report and pics to me tonight? Today will be the best day for me to make updates as I will have time tonight. As days pass, it will be harder to make the updates as the wedding approaches.

I will be updating the points on the site tonight. It would be nice if I could do it all at once. I know the effort in writing reports, if you have it, it would be nice but if you can't get it done, I understand.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had a blast @ Toledo track....wonderfull track and was easy to get used to then I thought (except 4.5 hours drive each way is a little bit long).
Thanks RON and MWS for the series...this is the most races I had been racing in 1 season and I had a lot of fun (and broken parts/engine too..LOL) Brian Berry for all the site work and track work....

Looking forward for next season....thanks Ira, sockco, chicky, espo, garcia for all the help thruout the year. And Walt for all the pit work and crazy enough to do the road trip with me to Toledo...we need to do more next year.

Now...when will MWS allow electric powered 1/8th to race with 1/8th nitro for 30 minutes..? Richie's prototype looks DIALED with that lipo power....All I need is a battery swap after 15 minutes of running..

Last edited by Solara; 09-23-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Brian, I should be able to complete that today.
Tom, thanks for the idea. I'll try to do that.
Howard, I too like the bl/lipo 1/8 scale. I would love to race one. Have been thinking about prototyping one myself. Not sure about inclusion in the MWS though.. It is inherently a NITRO series. Worth considering though.
We could also consider starting an elect. MWS! What do you think? 1 day events? 2 classes; 1/8 elect. and unlimited 1/10 tc?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Howard, I too like the bl/lipo 1/8 scale. I would love to race one. Have been thinking about prototyping one myself. Not sure about inclusion in the MWS though.. It is inherently a NITRO series. Worth considering though.
We could also consider starting an elect. MWS! What do you think? 1 day events? 2 classes; 1/8 elect. and unlimited 1/10 tc?
Ron...yes, I was not intend to have ELECT to race with NITRO, it was all joking around. But for summer time, may be a SAT event or SUN event only, it is a good idea to start a electric MWS....1/8th conversion (Novak, Speedpassion all has that in production) then Open modified 1/10th TC, the Trans-Am class, and open modified 1/12th...

As you know...elect TC can have 100 different class...but since most of the track are 1/10th and 1/8th nitro friendly....leaving it only MOD 1/10th TC with lipo (or nimh if they prefer) is the ONLY way to go. Trans-Am can be allittle bit STEP UP version cause the current TA rules are mainly for indoor carpet and small parking lot track..I cannot imagine running 21.5 brushless with lipo @ Hamilton will look like (watching paint dry...) but may be using 13.5 with brushless....the same basic 1 motor speed rule with 1 power cell rule...

Then 12th scale or 10th scale pan car style...MOD motor...those are option.

Again, I am just throwing idea....I am in NO PLACE to challenge the 40th years of MWS traditional. But just asking for a change after 40 years of running nitro...simply ADDING more excitment on top of the excited MWS.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I, too, had a great time at my first race in Toledo. Very nice track, and very well run. Not a single glitch (well, maybe some 'weird' traction on Sunday morning, but that cured itself just fine and was more a freak of nature than anything the club could control).

My $0.02: be the first major series to run nitro and BL/Lipo together. The performance is very close, especially in long mains. Electric has a little more power across the RPM band and is smoother, but nitro has much shorter pit stops and less weight overall. If you want to shake things up and maybe bring the attendance back up (not to mention bring in more sponsors), try being the first to run BL/Lipo and nitro together.

I see that as the near future of RC racing, with 1/8th off-road probably the first to fully adopt the 'nitro and electric together' theme.

You can always tweak the rules as you go to keep the two evenly matched, but I bet they'd be pretty close right from the start. The best drivers are still going to win, and both electric and nitro really are ridiculously overpowered these days anyways.

Just a thought... maybe it wouldn't work out... I don't know. It's up to greater minds than mine to make the decision.

What I do know is that no matter what you end up doing I'm going to try to make as many races as I can and I'll have fun no matter what the rules.

My thanks to the Toledo gang and Ron for everyone's efforts, and my apologies to Solara (Howard) for not making his 4 hour drive with me more fun (just kidding)...

P.S.: that race I had in the last 10 minutes of the 1/8th B-main with Brent was the most fun I've had in RC in a very long time. Great fun! My hats off to him for some extremely close, contact free, fun racing! What a blast!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Woo Hoo!!! Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, every now and then!!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Masters Points Question

Ron / Brian,

Thanks to both of you guys for all your efforts this year and to the Toledo club for another great race.

I do have a question on the final points summary for 1/8th Masters. My Toledo score shows no points for the Main, and I inished sixth in the B with 64 laps. I'm not sure where that would have put me for the Main total, but I believe I would have been 3rd or 4th overall in Masters. Not sure that would affect the overall standings, but I would like to know where I would have finished overall.

Thanks for checking this out and readjusting the overall summary.

Steve Lazarus
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Ron,

Can you please let me know what number I placed next to Steve Lazarus on the main results sheets. I can't believe I missed that. His score needs to be corrected and it may (or may not) affect the other scores. I gave you the sheets of the main results, hopefully you still have them.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lazarsm
Ron / Brian,

Thanks to both of you guys for all your efforts this year and to the Toledo club for another great race.

I do have a question on the final points summary for 1/8th Masters. My Toledo score shows no points for the Main, and I inished sixth in the B with 64 laps. I'm not sure where that would have put me for the Main total, but I believe I would have been 3rd or 4th overall in Masters. Not sure that would affect the overall standings, but I would like to know where I would have finished overall.

Thanks for checking this out and readjusting the overall summary.

Steve Lazarus
Steve,

I just looked over the results and your main score was missed, it should be 70 points. That would make your overall score for Toledo at 85. Take the worst 2 scores (0, and 83) you end up with 360 for your 4 best scores. You still remain in third and everyone elses scores remain in tact. I will repost the correction later tonight (hopefully....wedding plans are occupying me for the next week and a half).

Thanks for catching that as I thought there may have been one or 2 misses on my part.

Brian Berry
Old 09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

good luck with the wedding brian! hope all goes well and i wish you both the best!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Steve, we saw how you tried to sacrafice your body for the good of racing and felt we wouldnt give you the points. The judges felt that it wasnt with true feeling....................lol..............all kidding aside, how are you doing? Kurt
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Points Update

Hi Brian and Ron,

Thanks for the update on this. I appreciate your taking a look.

Hope all goes well on the big day Brian!

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for asking how I am doing. Still pretty sore but I am walking a little better. My sponsor (the loving wife) was pretty upset with me for not being more careful. I guess I need to remember that although I may still think like I'm 35 years old, 59 is reality!

Take care all.

Steve Lazarus
Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Steve, I have been busy with the report, and this was my first chance to check here. It looks like Brian was on top of it though..
Report and pictures are done. Brian has a busy time ahead, so let's be patient.. Sure it will get uploaded as soon as he can get to it.
Steve, I know what you mean about the mind not keeping pace with the bodies capabillities. That's why I don't ski anymore. It's hard to come to grips with the fact that I can't jump off every cliff in sight or blast through a mogul field at 60mph.
I prescribe numerous margaritas/vicadin/hot tub combo, for your soreness.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Just in case no one has seen it yet, I have the report, photos, and updated points standings on www.midwestseries.com. The 2008 season is in the books!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.