Perhaps this has had enough discussion already, but I'd like to offer my support to Eli and Mark's comments. This is an entry level class and trying to make it more complicated than necessary defeats the purpose. I have watched these cars run at Leisure in Joliet and the rules they have seem to work well. (Thanks to Bernie -
Kyosho Inferno GT Spec Class Rules:
1. Upgrade brakes.
2. Upgrade radio gear (servos, linkage, receiver and radio).
3. Add sway bars (front and rear)
4. Shock and diff oils can be changed.
5. Any shock position, caster position, ect., provided by the car (no drilling holes).
6. You may use a starter box, but pull-start must remain intact and operational.
7. Clutch gearing may change (14-15 first gear, 17-18-19 second gear, kyosho only).
8. Replacing threaded links with turnbuckles.
9. Kyosho V-slick in any of the 3 compounds for tires.
1. Body must be cut on the manufacturer line.
2. You may cut the rear of the body no higher than 1 1/8th” when sitting flat on a surface.
3. Side window may be cut open for fueling.
4. Front window may be cut, but no larger than 3”x3”.
5. Rear window may but cut, but no larger than 2”x2”.
6. You may cut a hole for the glow plug ignitor.
Final Rule - If it doesn’t say you can do it, you CAN’T DO IT.
I would suggest using them for the first year and seeing how it goes. These guys seem to have a lot of fun and there not overly serious. Let's encourage some new racers!
Just my thoughts... Steve Lazarus