R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   WOW! Interesting (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/18308-wow-interesting.html)

alucard13 05-15-2003 05:16 PM

WOW! Interesting

As I'm looking at all my R/C stuff I notice that just about everything says something like "this product has chemicals that are known in the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm." the radio, tires, fuel, etc. Holy crap, i'm surprised that alot of you all who have been doing this for years arent glowing yet....lol :) Just some info.

RedScorp 05-15-2003 05:24 PM

well if you're like me and went through the military having had 6 anthrax shots not knowing what reproductive harm THAT could cause but knowing if you didn't take it you'd be dishonorably discharged....cancer is a minor worry. :D

alucard13 05-15-2003 05:35 PM

LOL. you're right. i can't complain then :)

TSR6 05-15-2003 08:00 PM

I'm fine, I live in Illinois, not California. :D :lol:

Just about any product that contains lead has this label on it, while many solvents do too.

2Hard2Handle 05-15-2003 10:04 PM

:( and i live in california and i got a mtx 2 i bought a rear roll bar and its say i can cause cancer :( i was scared ahahha:lol:

Im2lazy 05-16-2003 02:46 AM

Originally posted by 2Hard2Handle
...and its say i can cause cancer

:eek: :weird: :confused: :eek: :weird: :confused: :eek: :weird: :confused: :eek: :weird: :confused:

Them Californians... all that smog and weird stuff they've got makes 'em carcinogens....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

----

There is a lot of harmful stuff we are around every day of our life. Even if we go on nature walks, we're still surrounded by dangerous stuff... It's all about being smart... Just don't be doing stupid stuff with nitro, that is the only purpose of that label.

alucard13 05-16-2003 05:41 AM

if anyones hair starts to fall out in clumps, lemme know :)

RedScorp 05-16-2003 06:41 AM

Yeah the smog is pretty bad out here...I'm not sure why they bother with cancer causing labels...we're all dying slowly :nod:

They should rename us from the Golden State...which if you look up could be considered Golden but to The Kill Me state :cry: :eek:

snoopy 05-16-2003 06:50 AM

Well, i'm not going to move to california with all my rc stuff then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

alucard13 05-16-2003 01:01 PM

Originally posted by RedScorp
I'm not sure why they bother with cancer causing labels...we're all dying slowly :nod:

not sure if this is true or not, but i heard somehwere that if we lived long enough everyone would get cancer at some point.

Dan 05-16-2003 03:47 PM

Just about everything causes cancer these days. Goto a nitro race? You're sniffing exhaust fumes all day.

I think we'll be fine as long as you don't actually force yourself to deeply inhale the stuff or drink nitro. ;)

Sydewynder 05-16-2003 11:04 PM

Hey Dan

Check out the driver's window on a Sub WRX. Guess what sticker is on the lower right corner. A :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

Henry's gonna keel over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

THeGame 05-16-2003 11:21 PM

I think the avg Racer has a shorter life span then someone that dosent race.. with all the crap that we use for Rc...

Dan 05-17-2003 01:57 AM

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Hey Dan

Check out the driver's window on a Sub WRX. Guess what sticker is on the lower right corner. A :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

Henry's gonna keel over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Huh? What sticker is on Henry's WRX?

alucard13 05-17-2003 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Dan
Just about everything causes cancer these days. Goto a nitro race? You're sniffing exhaust fumes all day.

I think we'll be fine as long as you don't actually force yourself to deeply inhale the stuff or drink nitro. ;)

I use Maxys Fuel and it may be me, but the exhuast smells good. :lol: