Wiki Posts
Search

TUNING AN ENGINE - HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)
Unhappy TUNING AN ENGINE - HELP!!!

Hi there guys, I have a HPI RS4 3 and I got a .12 size engine in it, unsure of brand considering there is no marking stamps on the block. Now the problem is it starts and after about 3 seconds not even it stalls. I try revving it and it stays on, as soon as I release the throttle it stalls. How can I tune this to be a good engine, it's not that old it's only done about 3 hours of use. What settings should I adjust it to?

Please any help is wanted, I can't seem to get it tuned.

Thankyou so much if anyone can help, much appreciated Paul, cheers
Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

it's probably running rich as it's still not fully broken in....it need's to idled up on the carb...have someone help find the idle screw and turn it in till it idle's consistently..or use your controller (TX )and turn up the idle...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Originally Posted by s10dude
it's probably running rich as it's still not fully broken in....it need's to idled up on the carb...have someone help find the idle screw and turn it in till it idle's consistently..or use your controller (TX )and turn up the idle...
Hi, I put the fuel adjustment screw 2 and 1/3rd screws out from fully in. So it's reasonably lean. Considering it was previously 2 and 2/3rds out. However what should I do with the idle screw below the carby? How far from fully in, or should I keep screwing it in at half screws at a time until it idles smooth? Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

you want to turn in the idle screw ( not the low speed needle )un till it will stay running for at least acouple of minutes....or you could lean the low speed 1/8 of a turn and see if it help's.....also make sure air cleaner is clean...