Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TG-10mk2 2 speed adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tamiya TG-10mk2 2 speed adjustment

Tamiya's instructions on how to make the initial adjustments on the 2 speed assembly seem to contradict themselfs. One section says to back the cap screws out 5.5 turns, but then the next section says they should be tight enough to hold the two halfs together (which won't happen if backed out 5.5 turns).

Does anyone have any advise? I'd hate to "smoke" the 2 speed the first time I use the car.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A good starting point for the 2 speed is to have the top of the cap screws even with the opening on the clutch shoes. You can fine tune it from there.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When I built mine, I followed the Mugen instructions for setting up the two-speed clutch shoes. That is to screw your cap screws in the ends snug tight (don't overtighten) then back it out per Tamiya instructions. Then, you take the grub screws on the top and bottom and tighten each of them slowly until you see a very thin gap on each end where the cap screws are screwed in (see Mugen MTX-3/MTX-4 instructions from their website). Hope that this helps.

P.S.

After do the above mentioned, the two speed shifted fine but you may have to back off the cap screws another turn or two depending on the type of track and where you need your shift point set.