Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Change one at a time!- What it's really means? >

Change one at a time!- What it's really means?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change one at a time!- What it's really means?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Change one at a time!- What it's really means?

I believe, most of us did heard about this statement " Make change one at a time" once we wanted to fine tune the setting. But what really it's means? How to do that?
Question
1. Should we change the setting to standard back again once we decide to change the other item?
Senario
1. I do have problem on oversteer before, so first I troubleshoot the tire, I change the rear tire from harder to softer. Then test,- the result is not successfull. OK than. 2nd I want to trouble shoot my droop setting , Should I change back the tire to the original type before I change the droop on my rear ?
Old 05-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

yes.

and then with the droop changed u can put the tyres on and see what the tyres and droop will do.

but first go back to your original tyres and change droop.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

stick with whatever makes you better, but don't try to work with an adjustment that makes your car worse. This is just trying to compensate for a problem you created for yourself (don't worry, we all constantly do it).

Those bad tires, don't use them. Switch to what has already worked and then adjust what you want to adjust next time you get out.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you could aslo try a harder tire
or raising the ride height of you front
using stiffer springs
a roll bar up front
or if you are using roll bars, take the one off at the back.

I had an over steer problem when I started racing in Toledo, it was a simple thing of reducing the droop in the back of my car, but thats cause I knew my car was loose getting in to the corner under braking.

once you realize the exact point where your car is weak, that makes it just that much easier to fix.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

For my personal way 'Make only one change at time' is like if you're drawing an scheme and you have an action with many options (star shape) and hanged to each point of the star, another start, the you can do some changes, but testing only one at time.

If things goes wrong, you can only go backwards only one step and try another thing.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tuning changes

The idea is to ONLY have one change on the Car at a time so it can be properly evaluated. If you change 5 settings at once and the car is a little better, which one helped and which one didn't?

When your experienced in chassis tuning then you can make more than one change at a time, but I find it hardly ever nescessary.