Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
I set my clutch end play to have less than .4mm of play. Just a tip I got off of teamtrinity.com . Look for the clutch tuning menu button.

Also put a shim in-between the inner bearing and the clutch spring nut. Your bearing will last longer.

Always try to grease your thrust bearing before your raceday or anytime you take the clutchbell off. It'll help keep your thrust bearing longer.
I'm not really sure what you mean by put a shim in between the inner bearing and clutch spring nut? If you have a picture that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-05-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

I don't have a picture for you right now, but you do know what your clutch nut is? Or maybe I'm calling it the wrong name. The round thiing that tightens down the clutch spring. Usually or the manual says after the clutch nut spring, goes your inner clutch bearing.

I'm just saying put a 5x9x0.1 shim on before you put your inner clutch bearing on. It protects it from the force of that clutch shaft from putting pressure on the inner part of the bearing. That causes it to fail prematurely.

At least I think so.

I had to replaced inner clutch bearings two times before I tried the shim. That bearing and the thrust bearing has been intact for more than four months now. I just recently changed my clutch bearings to Ceramic. very smooth.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Where did you get those ceramic bearings for your clutch??? I understand what you are talking about now, with the shim!! Thanks aggdaddy.

Also i just bought the bearing kit upgrade for the whole car from dinball or rcmart. does that come with bearings for my clutch??

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Aggdaddy, where did you get the antaenna holder seperate? Is there a certain brand?

J FAST - Looks VERY NICE. How did you get the bellcranck to hold on to the chassis bottom?

later
Old 05-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

budlightinmyhand:

http://www.rcbearings.com/single_m_rcbearings.htm

The ceramic bearings are kinda expensive.
A complete bearing kit for the G4 should include some 5x10 clutch bearings.

Bballer:

The antenna holder is the same as what you could get from Racer's Edge or Ofna.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Well my G4 is complete up to the radio, and engine step. I must say the fit, and finish looks great. If anybody has an engine, or servo's for sale that will fit let me know. What does everyone think about the black pixi motor? I was thinking about buying one from RCNUT if I can't find a deal on something from a private seller. I'm going to be running a JR XS3, but don't know what to do with the servo's that cam in the box, from what I hear they will not be right for my G4.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

XS3 is an excellent radio. You can use the steering servo for your throttle. But you have to install a very fast and strong digital servo with metal gears. Something on the lines of 0.9 speed and 120oz of torque.

Most people will tell you to try another motor than the Rossi Pixi. However, that is the engine I am using. It's a little picky day to day, but it runs like a champ if you know how to tune well. You can't run that engine how it comes in the box. You have to remove the shim and install a cold turbo plug to get any top end.
So, if you don't wanna deal with that, you should consider another engine.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the G4 Elite Speedy1.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by bballer
daniz24 - thanks a lot. did you have to drill a hole in the carbon fiber receiver mount to feed the wire through? Thanks

Also, does anyone know where i can find just the receiver mount, if any are made at all?
Thanks
bballer
Yes. I drill a hole in the middle of those 2 standard holes, and then I also use K-Factory aluminum servo mount and just put the included aluminum antenna holder to the new hole.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Daniz24- Hell that Engine blinded me! Sweet Engine!
Haha The first time my G4 setup and handling feels so terrible and so over-powered is when this engine installed to my G4's engine mount
Old 05-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

How bout the Sirio Evo 2?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
XS3 is an excellent radio. You can use the steering servo for your throttle. But you have to install a very fast and strong digital servo with metal gears. Something on the lines of 0.9 speed and 120oz of torque.

Most people will tell you to try another motor than the Rossi Pixi. However, that is the engine I am using. It's a little picky day to day, but it runs like a champ if you know how to tune well. You can't run that engine how it comes in the box. You have to remove the shim and install a cold turbo plug to get any top end.
So, if you don't wanna deal with that, you should consider another engine.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the G4 Elite Speedy1.
Why remove the shim and install a turbo plug? I see the shim on my motor but why would i want to take it off and put a turbo plug? What plug should i buy if i do this? Do i have to do anything special when i'm putting the head back on the motor?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Actually i need to get better at driving before i worry about speed. it goes fast enough for me now, if you still feel like explaining why i would put a turbo plug in a non turbo motor then feel free.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Do you have a Rossi Pixi 3 port with gold head?

Some people I talked to can't get it to "top out" on the straightaway.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Speedy1
How bout the Sirio Evo 2?
I've been looking at that motor for my next one, but I don't know too much about it, except for what you can find online.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Sirio & Rossi

I have the rossi in my g4 and the sirio in my reflex nt. I have to say the sirio is a lot easier to tune and is a stronger engine than the rossi. Both are ROAR legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.