Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type >

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 PM
R/C Tech Founder

There is no rule that says you can't start another thread asking a specific question... people just seem to congregate in these bigger threads, we never asked them to do so.

Try using the forum's Search function, input some words from the title of the thread (e.g. Trinity Team Magic), restrict the search to this forum, add the keywords you're looking for and make sure to check the "Show Results as Posts" box. It should help you find what you are looking for.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

P.S. As far as the finding the posts thing. I just think it would be easier as in more conventional forums that have seperate forums for each car so when your in a hurry you can go to G4 forum and browse for posts that concern your problems via their titles as opposed to having one thread that you have to load page after page just to find that one answer to the question you need.

I mean no offense its just a suggestion of mine and the way i'm used to forums like these working is all.

Call it a pet peeve I suppose.

Thanks again for any help fellas.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice Future, honestly I thought it was proper forum to post questions regarding the particular car only in these threads. Thats good to know I will start making som sperate posts aide frmo these threads as they come up and hopefully they'll get answered
Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Not to mention the fact that I heard Trinity is no longer supporting the car so does that mean parts will be non existent? I noticed the border no longer has any parts listings for the g-4.
this is what we heard

Guys, just got back from RCX in Anaheim Cali... Guess what? I ran into the CEO of Trinity... He handed me his business card after our little chat... I asked another person there who that was and they said that's the CEO of Trinity... When I asked, during our chat, He said that Trinity is not supporting the G4 anymore and that there drivers are free to driver what ever car they want for the moment... Trinity, sorry for all the comments in my earlier posts... Funny thing.. I know a few people that post here knew of what was going on,but instead of sharing this important info, they thought of no one but themselves... I won't flame anyone... Back to the RCX Expo, I asked him about the steering issue's with the G4... The guy was very nice and during our conversation, he said that Trinity wanted more input into the cars design, but TM wanted more control. Trinity and there drivers were aware of the steering issue's with the car... Is there a fix for the problem?? No... Some team drivers have gone back to the Reflex while others are driving whatever... I also found out that the new US. dist. of the G4 is a company called Powerline... Nicko from TM is only a sell's rep... Strange, he only posts when there is a fire storm... Not flaming... I know he's just doing what Sell's people do... There's more stuff then that, but that's the just of it... Now, is the G4 a bad car now??? No... but as far as support for the car... Your guess is as good as mine... TM and Powerline is our only outlet for support and warrenty issue's... I'm going to stay with the car until the new Yokomo come's out... No need to jump ship when everything else out there is old news... Oh, just for info... OFNA has another new car coming out... It's the clone of the Kyosho FW05... Well, that's it... There's more, but I'll leave well enough alone.... Remember, I'm not telling anyone to jump ship or sell there cars... Over all the G4 is not a bad car at all... If you like it, keep driviing it.... Are there better choices out there??? Maybe... But I would wait a couple months before I change cars...
Old 04-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Brightbluehaze

Not to mention the fact that I heard Trinity is no longer supporting the car so does that mean parts will be non existent? I noticed the border no longer has any parts listings for the g-4.

The border still has parts for the G4. Alot. There's the link at the bottom.

As far as spares, this is what I have acquired over the months. These are for backups.

1215-2 clutch weights
1215-4 clutch shoe
rear bulkhead ( i broke both sides)
rear turnbuckle parts
1215-9 clutch shims
3x10 hex screws (get a bunch)
5x10 bearings (for inner clutch bearing. This tends to wear out fast for some drivers)

new parts

k-factory tank
aluminum servo mount
aluminum middle mount
aluminum rail mounts (keep your rail settings longer. You can really tighten these as opposed to the stock plastic rail mounts. These should have came stock on the e-class)
rear aluminum brace and carbon fiber shock tower.
aluminum wheel hubs. ( I mesed up a wheel and hub that put me out of a race because I didn't tighten down the wheel nut)
carbon fiber brake mount brace
front carbon fiber stiffner brace.

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/s...tegory=&page=1
Old 04-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

From looking at the g4 evo, would it be better to just buy the EVO and use the e class g4 for spare parts?

It's starting to seem as if the parts I need to buy for spares are around 200 dollars already.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Trinity

I spoke with Trinity also. Although they are not supporting the car(technically or racing), They will still be carrying the K factory parts as well as the kits. They still have stock parts and will be getting more K factory parts in.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

J FAST, where are you in Michigan?
Old 04-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Brightbluehaze- That sounds like a great way to go if you can afford it. Have the E-Class as a roller (just chasis) and the Evo as your main car. VERY SMART and easiest way to go especially if your going to race it. If I was going to race my G4 on a regular basis that's what I would do.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default budlight

as for parts besides what you listen i suggest you get suspension arms, hub carriers, shock bodies. tm has nice case with all the springs, i seen it in powerline hobbies.

i run 30wt trinity oil all around with orange and blue srings. foam tires 42 in the front 40 in the rear.

PS THAT SALEEN BODY SUCKS, ITS HPI AND ITS VERY THIN. try to check out protoform bodies like stratus and alfa romeo those are my favorites.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

does powerline hobbies have a website??

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you can try http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/ or http://www.powerlineracing.com/
Old 04-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default New G4 parts

of-course we keep up with all the parts we love the car and we don't have the steering problem
Complete new shipment in with alot more items from TM now only find the time too put it all on-line.
we been too race in Milaan 1/8 GP and our Teamdriver 4th place in a very srong field.
very good job Rick.V
Old 04-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

This sucks. I can't get these universal joints now for about 3 weeks. Doesn't anyone have these things in stock? Or will someone sell me one of there dog bones they dont' use anymore? I would like to start getting my car ready again. Racing starts pretty soon for me.

THanks,
Mike
Old 04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

NitroAddict,
I was just about to bid on your car on ebay haha. I am tired of the G4 Shit, No parts availible when you need them. At first i was not worried about getting parts right away. Well when you can't even get the damn parts at all that pisses me off. I"m half tempted just to get a new car and transfer my electonics and motor over.

That kit your selling on ebay, is it messed up at all. I see you were having trouble in the v - one rr thread. Is it all gravy or are you selling someone else your troubles??

Thanks,
Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.