Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Impala, I am in ft.lauderdale. Plan to start racing with some friends at the coral springs track.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey pimpedaccord

this setup is for short tracks on the big tracks i run new foams but i true the frts smaller. you need to accle. out of the corners thats where the small tires come in. the track i race on in daytona has the great traction an very low tire wear. i run 37shore frt an rear
Old 04-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: powerline

Originally posted by brooklynrc
guys powerline is small and i mean small hobby store next to my house aka brooklyn hobbies. the store is ok but i dontl ike the owner. they have a lot of parts for g4 n as well as hop ups
Hey Brooklynrc,
The old cliche stands here. SIZE does not matter. If Brooklyn Hobbies supplies you with your needs , when you want it, then what is your problem? I have personaly know the owner of BHS, for about 15 years now, has always been a good freind, and a reputable buisiness man. I dont think he would have intentionally do you wrong. I think you should give it a second chance, heck, after all he is YOUR LHS, stocks all G4 parts, and ALL K Factory stuff. So what is the deal? I hope to see you trackside... If anyone questions Brooklyn Hobbies, I will personally vouch for them.!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dont get me wrong, size really does not play that much role. its what the store carries that matters. brooklyn hobbies got it all. i was just giving people heads up on this forum and telling them what powerline is. and about the owner i am POSITIVE that is was NOT in his intentions to do me wrong because he is a good guy, but thers still few things about him that bother me. i will probably follow your advise and ggive him a second chance because after all like u said its my lhs, not the only one but definately one of them.
powerline does have a wide range of parts and hop ups for g4 and it was never in my intentions to say anything bad about the store. its just like i said we had little disagreement, im sure that he forgot all about it and does not even remember it, but i do. may be its time for me to let is go. who knows
Old 04-27-2004, 09:05 PM

Thumbs up 9 hours later

well after 9 hours of wrenching i will no longer have to deal with the steering rails and rack binding. I now have a single post bell crank with servo saver i get full throw too. I have to get it to the track for some testing because it looks like i have a little ackerman change but nothing to serious. I now have a flawless G4! my first race is this sat i cant wait to put the G4 down on them guys LOL! I will report back on how it goes

Jesse
Old 04-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm, you must post pictures for all to see.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:25 PM

Default aggdaddy

ill try to get some pics up soon i have to borrow a dig cam. it probably would only take about 2-3 hours to do now i know how. i do need to get some carbon fiber to replace a peice of plastic i had to use. it only costed about 13.50 to build well worth the 9 hours of figuring it out.

Jesse
Old 04-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

J Fast- Please brother help us out. Good job! How did you do the mod?? Man you just might our HERO
Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 PM

Default nitropimp

i used a servo bell crank from a associated b2 but only used the servo saver peice to make one post bell crank i had to do some cutting ,grinding and a little drilling but all works well with no binding or rubbing ill try to get some pictures up tomarrow and how i did it.

Jesse
Old 04-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

jfast
i would love to see it as well. i had few ideas of my own but i didnt not have any problems with my steering yet and i hope that it stays that way
Old 04-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Not sure if this has been asked before? Hell I might have even asked it myself but I just bought a G4 with Novarossi RS5 Turbo "race" and FPK3, Starter box and "super brain" 959 off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:BN:US:1 .
Aside from fuel what else should I be loking to get in order to get into racing?

Any suggestions on parts to upgrade to avoid breakage and parts that are the most tendent to break would be appreciated since parts are so hard to find I would like to get an assortment so I dont have to end up sitting out a days racing just because I dont have a part I need and noone else runs this car at the track i'll be running at (they all run Mugens)

Not to mention the fact that I heard Trinity is no longer supporting the car so does that mean parts will be non existent? I noticed the border no longer has any parts listings for the g-4.

Please tell me the neccessities I should buy like the k-factory servo saver as well as the parts I should have just as backups in case they break.

Thanks!

Edit: sorry had wrong link.

Last edited by Brightbluehaze; 04-27-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

P.S. Not to be rude but any chance we could have seperate forums here for Trinity, Serpent, Kyosho etc...and just post individually about questions/suggestions/problems.

Not to be rude but this format of having one thread for every question about the cars makes finding answers to questions a dreadful process! I remember seeing some answers to my questions before but I have no idea what page they were on and Id rather just give up than search through a hundre pages to find the answer!

Thanks for any consideration on this matter.

-Jimmy
Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Brightbluehaze- You say that finding answers are a dreadful process?? Sorry to hear that. The best thing to do is read the G4 post from the start. It takes about a 1 hour and it'll be a very informative reading. You have to understand for the people ansering the questions. It's like the same questions all over again. What are the best hop ups? What is the major problems? What setup etc? I mean don't get me wrong, not trying to be rude but go back just three of pages and you'll get all your answers. Go back to the start and you'll know anything and everything. Forums are meant to help and guys are here to help you get your car dialed in. I you don't have time to read and need a quick fix. These guys will answer you pronto! And we do have dedicated g4 page. Good luck and welcome to forum
Old 04-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

ohh BTW- to answer some of your questions. Buy some extra servo savers. Also buy the K factory rear shock tower, stronger and beefier. You look like you got a nice car and radio. Go thorugh the car and clean the bearings. You might want to upgrade the shock bladders the original TM bladders suck. Make sure your steering rack is adjusted right (equal tension on both sides). G4's owners are having some problems with the steering and TM is addressing it, I hope. Anyway you can do the Kmac traxxes Mod and help with your steering. Parts are hard to get and RCnut seems to be the place to buy in the US (I'm in no way connected or affilated by RcNut, just a satisfied customer) Border has alot of g4 stuff too but is out of the country.. On ebay Dinball carries g4 stuff, (especially GPM stuff).

You car looks nice

good luck

Last edited by Nitropimp; 04-27-2004 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea, the car is brand new never been run, motor was broke in on a "motor bench" (not sure if thats what he called it) by hobby people but never ctually raced. Only thing used is the starter box so I probably dont need to go through the bearings and all that.

I intend to spend some time with the front steering geometry though as theat appears to be the most prevalent problem and will attempt to do kmacs bullet proof setup to it.

Kinda just was wondering if anyone that has been racing the car for awhile could provide a list of parts...even the off the wall stuff that might break on some rear chance so I dont get stuck trackside with a car that I cant drive! I'd like to order the spares all at once instead of piece by piece so if anyone could provide a list I'd appreciate it.

So far I plan to by from kcraft the front univerals, the gas tank and the rear shock tower with aluminum stiffener. What else should I need aside from other parts that might break, like what compund tires, what assortment of springs, shock oil...whatever oil for the diff etc...

Sorry I am a total newbie at this gain.

Edit: Also how big a differnce do bodies make? I am in love with http://www.hobbytron.net/HPI-SALEEN-...ODY-200MM.html as im a Mustang fanatic and i'd love to run it but not if its going to drastically ruin the handling of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.