Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

I have one but its till in the Box.. Going to build it next week I will give everone a run down of everthing after I'm done...

Comes with 3 setups from Josh..
Old 07-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

oh yea one thing i noticed was, it come with Dogbones and not universals.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is more complete out-of-the-box, and steers like a knife through corners. It drives a little bit more aggresively that a MTX-3, the G4 suits my style more.
Sweet!!
I need to find out how parts availability around here.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Just picked mine up last night. 385.00 at my local hobby shop for the pro kit. A bit pricey with no wheels and tires included, but there are a lot of cool k factory parts included, and the small centax is very cool. Over all the quality looks good and the design seems to be well thought out, I am little unsure about the gas tank design but time will tell.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by mrodney
I am little unsure about the gas tank design but time will tell.
I'm hoping that they changed the size of the tank. Josh was running an undersized tank at the first midwest race. They were supposedly in the works of enlarging it at the time. Maybe you can measure yours to make sure?
Old 07-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

I was at the midwest series race with josh as well, and at the time I didn't think about the size of the tank, but when I got my kit I was looking at it and just thought that the design had a lot of pockets in it for fuel to traped in so when you get low on fuel its traped in one of those pockets where its ribbed for strength.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yeah I was there also, it looks like you had as bad of a weekend as I did too. Burnt up my first nitro motor in my first round of qualifing Saturday, so I ended up being pit b---- for the weekend. Tried to break it back out sunday to try to run the main, but she took her final breathe about 4 something in.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Well I am almost finished building the kit, and I have to say that the car is interesting. I like the fact that the servos lay flat on the chasis, but space is limited. My servo wires where they exit the case on the throttle servo bumps into my steering servo, and on the steering servo, the ball cup rubs on the front bulkhead so I hade to grind down the cup so that it wouldn't bind. As for the chasis, there are a few rough edges that need to be filed, and the side braces are not perfectly flat, but I can work with these things, and I am sure that the k factory carbon plates are better if i so chose to use them. The rear camber links are a pain. Trinity should have included a wrench for the turnbuckles, and I think that I will have to trim of some plastic on the cup to shorten the length of the camber link.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like V-One R or Reflex one-ways/diffs and possibly pulleys are interchangeable with the G4!
Old 07-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Well I am almost finished building the kit, and I have to say that the car is interesting. I like the fact that the servos lay flat on the chasis, but space is limited. My servo wires where they exit the case on the throttle servo bumps into my steering servo, and on the steering servo, the ball cup rubs on the front bulkhead so I hade to grind down the cup so that it wouldn't bind. As for the chasis, there are a few rough edges that need to be filed, and the side braces are not perfectly flat, but I can work with these things, and I am sure that the k factory carbon plates are better if i so chose to use them. The rear camber links are a pain. Trinity should have included a wrench for the turnbuckles, and I think that I will have to trim of some plastic on the cup to shorten the length of the camber link.
mrodney, have you given the car a spin yet? How have you mounted the receiver on the car? I think I saw the receiver being mounted in their allocated compartment just in front of the engine near the Centax clutch. I would think there would be some problems concerning noise, would you? Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default reciever location

hey initial D

Well I gave the car a spin yesterday, and I still have a few bugs to work out on the car. Low speed steering is aweful at the moment, but I will get that worked out with a couple more runs and set ups. The ball cup for the steering poped of of the sevo saver and caused me to run into the boards, luckily there was no damage. I did have an unusual problem with my throttle servo. Here is the deal. When the motor is not running the servo acts fine. When I start up the engine and gived it throttle the servo sticks open and returns to neutral very slowly. Keep in mind it only does this when the motor is running as soon as the motor is shut down throttle action returns to normal. This one had me stumped.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: reciever location

mrodney, I guess in one way or the other, it could be related to radio problems which is connected to the engine?

Try putting the receiver elsewhere and run the engine. See if it gives the same problem...
Old 07-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: reciever location

hey initial D

Well I gave the car a spin yesterday, and I still have a few bugs to work out on the car. Low speed steering is aweful at the moment, but I will get that worked out with a couple more runs and set ups. The ball cup for the steering poped of of the sevo saver and caused me to run into the boards, luckily there was no damage. I did have an unusual problem with my throttle servo. Here is the deal. When the motor is not running the servo acts fine. When I start up the engine and gived it throttle the servo sticks open and returns to neutral very slowly. Keep in mind it only does this when the motor is running as soon as the motor is shut down throttle action returns to normal. This one had me stumped.
If possible, try wrapping the receiver with a inner tube of bicycle
tyre
Old 07-22-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

that was going to be the next thing that I tried. I did wrap my servo in some inner tube rubber to see if it would act like a damper, because the servo touches the chasis, and I thought that some of the motor vibration may be affecting the servo.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

the car is awsome.... ~~~!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.