Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess no one can post there steering setup... And the EVO fix can't be done either... Oh, I'm not anyway... I was just trying to help everybody out that is having the same problem... It's cool... I'm moving on. Peace to the G4 family... I'll check back and post from time to time... Oh, one last question for RCNut... You said you do know a few Trinity team drivers... Did they say that they were having any steering issue's??? And was that EVO fix being attempted by you? Just had to ask. Happy racing to all and Peace.

RC_Alan
Old 04-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc_alan
I guess no one can post there steering setup...
RC_Alan
Set up straight from the manual (kit settings) w/ the only exception being that I am using the Traxxas ball ends as shown on the team magic site. Using a JR z8450 servo.

RC_Alan, maybe you can post pics of your steering set up since it seems to be the most troubled of the ones I have read about in this thread?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

RC_Alan- I've posted on every major forum (except for TM's) asking for the Evo conversion. I only had one repliy http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/sho...hreadid=16538. But when the guy found out I'm local he never answered me yet. He'll be racing on my track on the 8th so I'll ask him then. I don't think he's seen one just wants some attention. But I guess the car is hit or miss. I'll get my car on the track more and test this steering. I'm using an older KO 2143 Digital Propo. I'm also using a Mars EX-1 Limited Radio so I can adjust the throw and overcompensate. Don't throw in the towel yet. You HAVE WAY too much time and $$$ in your G4 to give up now. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

RC_Alan- Are going to RCX show?? Are manufactures and distibutors going to be there??
Old 04-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

I was just waiting until I could get a picture of my steering setup.

Airtronics 94358Z ERG-VR Hi-Speed/Hi-Torque 200 oz/in

That's my steering servo. I'm using the aluminum rail mounts, stock servo saver, and stock servo arm. I like to blast the rails with some SIlicon Spray that I got from Lowes (hardware store).

I am using the top hole on the sero arm and I have about 1.5mm clearance between the front bulkhead and the stock plastic turnbuckle.

I have also replaced all of the front stiffener brace and bottom screws with 3x10mm alloy hex screws. Stiffens up the front a bit.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Rc_alan - You need to hurry up and sell that turd so we don't have to read about your problems anymore.

I've had mine for months and have never had a problem. Built like Kmac's pimp traxxas ball end setup. Just take your time, build it right, and run it.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Suspended

Pimpedaccord- dude why don't you shut the F... up. I mean the guy is trying to help foolz. You and that weak a$$ Honda. Pimped, get real. My granny's Accord is PIMPED more than that heap. Get serious. That car is WEEEAAAKKK.
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-weakcar.jpg  
Old 04-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Ohh another thing dude you look gay...
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-dickhead.jpg  
Old 04-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc_alan
Let me try to go at this in a more pro-active mannor... While some have posted that they have had problems with the steering system, others have posted that they have never had one problem with it... For those who have never had one issue with your steering, please post your set up... ie
1. What servo type? Brand, speed and torque?
2. Where did you place your ball stud on the servo arm, the top hole or the lower hole?
3. Are you using the stock servo arm or an aftermarket one? Did you have to sand anything down???
4. How much throw are your getting out of the system the way you have it now?
5. Is the rod linking the servo saver and the servo arm parallel with the rails or is it sloping down at an angle?
6. Are you using the stock plastic servo saver or the Alum piece from K-Factory?
7. What are your radio settings for your steering? EPA and Dual-rate?
8. Did any of you have to sand/cut or dreamel anything???
9. What other mods if any did you do for your steering???

...... One car has the stock servo saver and the other car the Alum K-Factory piece. I've tried new rails, lubes, oils and sprays. My cars are cleaned from top to bottem after every run and my batteries are always charged. Just so no one will say that's what I should check...

......in SoCal and I just got home from work.

RC_Alan
sorry didn't mean to be having a go at anyone. I didn't realise that people were having the same problem with the original steering. from what I was reading people have been complaining about metal to metal causing jamming. as the original is plastic I thought that it was the k-factory steering that was causing the problem.

Personally, i'm running a hitec HS5925 MG digital servo on the steering with the servo arm at a slight angle.

the only problem I have had with the steering was a stuff up on my part where I hit a steel pole in the front left and ripped the original ball stud out of the original servo horn. (no other damage at all)

Fixed this by putting on the hitec aluminium horn and bent it at the end to keep the ball away from the front bulk head. other than that, no sanding and only running at 100% EPA to achieve full wheel movement.

I have installed the aluminium rail mounts in the past 2 weeks because I figure that it should be less of a concern when adjusting the rails. (don't have to be so careful not to strip thread in plastic mounts)
Old 04-24-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

LOL

That's not me, chump.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Im using just a hitec 945, I sanded the arms slightly to make the servo fit, switched to traxxas ball ends, and sanded off part of them. Its basically like kmac suggested. Im using a ko propo mars limited radio. Everything is parallel, so maybe thats why it's not binding. I havn't had any problems, but i haven't driven it too much yet. Heres a pic if you need it.
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-g41.jpg  
Old 04-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

another
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-g42.jpg  
Old 04-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys for your replies... You know it just takes one idiot to post something stupid... Nitropimp.... As a matter a fact, I am going to the RCX expo today.... I've heard it's not for the true racer, but for those who want bling-bling for there Monster trucks.. You can bet, I'll be going straight over to the Trinity booth if they have one there... You know, some people will jump into a thread just to post dumb stuff... Don't even have the car,but just want to comment. If anyone has read my posts word for word, then they would understand what's really going on and what I've been trying to do. And that's to get support from Trinity and TM for every one affected... Read other RC forum posts and see for yourselfs... TM even said that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix... Team Magic themselfs... Not trying to bring this tread down... I won't ask for anymore help on this matter. I know a few were just hoping I would go away... I post not to see my posts on some website... But to help all the owners of this car get what they paid for... And that's a working non-flawed correctly steering Nitro 1/10 scale car. Period... Hey, let's all have a great weekend at the track... I'll post back if I do find a Trinity Rep at the RCX expo today... bballer... Thanks for the pics... Just watch the throw from left to right... If the rod link that is attached to the servo arm is higher then end that is attached to the servo saver... Over time this will cause your steering to bind.. Just a tip to watch out for...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 04-24-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Good luck rc_alan, hope you find some useful information
Old 04-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Suspended

That's not me, chump.
Then that must be your boyfriend. Whatcha got a dude on your personal www then??? Proves my point your GAY. I own you foool.

Last edited by BradBallz; 04-24-2004 at 01:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.