Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default weight

Originally posted by Sparx
Hi, I'm seriously considering in getting an Magic G4 'till the summerseason (mostly because my sponsor wants me to drive it)
What dp you think of youre G4's? Easy to build? Durable? Easy to Set-Up?

One more thing i wonder about is the weight of the car, because i drove a V-One RR Japan Edition last season and ready to drive it weighed in at just about 1795 grams (the swedish limit is 1700 grams) with many Titanium and alu bits and a really lightweight reciever battery. What's the weight of the G4 with regular electronics?
only for info:
My car weights 1625 with out body with the 4mm chassis and Carbon side plates the rest is stock
Old 02-25-2004, 03:40 PM

RC-Alan thanks alot for your help and advice

Jesse
Old 02-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: cvccsi

Originally posted by RCNUT
I have practically every part they make on backorder. Trinity is waiting on a huge delivery from them any day. I am just running specials on the kits for the weekend. When the parts come in I may also do a special, keep checking out the website to see what I have. I am also putting a page on building tips for the kit. I started building mine this weekend and realized there are a few things that do not jive with the manual. If you have any building tips email them to me and I will put them up with mine.
My G4 is still in its nice brown box. I have not started building the car so if you have any tips on building this car let me know!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone know if the Futaba 9450 will fit for steering without mods?

thx
Old 02-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

RC- Alan did you get just a standard ofna 1/10 bladder kit to upgrade on the G4??? Also just curious did you ever get your upgraded fuel tanks???

thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nitropimp... Yes, just the OFNA standard 1/10 scale shock bladder set. As for my fuel tank... I got a notice from the post office that my order from The bordor RC is there waiting to be pick up today... I might try a few other RC online sites for ordering parts... Over all they corrected a problem that occured and my order was here in about 8 days... Right now, the Euro is killing the dollar.... But they did have the parts I wanted... Make sure you do the rear shock tower upgrade and get a few extra steering servo savers... Oh, the steering rails are pretty much bullet proof, but if you can, get the Alum steering rail mounts also. You want to bullet proof your car as much as possible. Over all though, the car is GREAT. Keep reading here and asking questions when you have any. Most of the people here have knowledge about the car and will help you out as much as possible. To bad Trinity's Team drivers don't post here... Or anywhere else about the G4... Hands down, the car is one of the best 1/10 nitro cars out today... Happy racing

RC_Alan
Old 02-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

RC-Alan thanks for help.. I bought my kit from RCnut and ordered some hop ups on ebay from Dinball. I ordered the aluminum servo saver and the rear the shock mount. Along with some other hop ups. Although I've been in the hobby for awhile this will be my first year racing onroad 1/10 scale. I want the G4 as my main car and the V one RR (which I will be converting to an evo shortly) as a back up. My Yok is more of a pratice car. I can't wait to try the G4 on the track especially with the low CG. Looks awesome....

Again thanks for the advice...
Old 02-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

RCnut- G4 Pro kit for $250. WOW, I might just have to get another kit and sell my Yok.

I know Rc_alan has two cars. Is TM the same as K Factory??? Because I've seen and have hop ups from K Factory for my V on RR but I never heard of Team Magic untill this year??? As Rc_Alan mentioned that TM has 1/8th scale. Is the G4 the first Nitro car??? Also, if Josh Cyrul and Trinity help them make the car how can (if they do) severe ties with TM??? I know Josh is gone but don't you think there would be some kind of loyality with Trinity if they helped design the car??? Some kind of legal issues also. I wouldn't be so concern about the inside politcs of a company but if I'm going to drop $$$ on another car like Rc_Alan did. Is this car going to be around in US??? That's my only concern. Also I like to be different and run something NEW (I'm in TC3 counrty). My track is small and tight. I think this car would tear it up (maybe my driving can't). By having a back up car I know if something happens and my LHS doesn't have the part I have car on race day that can get to finish the race. As of right now I do not know of a Hobby shop (in Northern California) that has G4 stuff. One of my hobby shops said unless he has people asking for it he won't stock or try to stock parts for it.

Ohh well looks like I'll just have to order parts from RcNut (Great service so far) or overseas........

I mean look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=19168 this guy is getting rid of his G4's. Notice his name is Josh???? I don't want to be this guy in 2 months with over $1,200 or more it G4's selling my kits on ebay. I know RC_Alan was concerned about this too. When I first saw this ad I thought it was you after your deal with the gas tanks....

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-26-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default parts info

Trinity has about 95% of the stock replacement parts in stock, it is only the kfactory parts that they are out of. If anyone need stock parts let me know.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

We are working on having more shops selling G4 parts. Don't worry. You see, the G4 price is quite good now.

G4 = one of the best touring cars ever = one of the cheapest competition touring cars = your best choice.

Feel free to send us message if you have some shops to suggest. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default nickko

I would be happy to buy direct from you if that is possible, at least I know you will have the parts. Email me at [email protected] so we can discuss
Old 02-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default G4 support

Nickko- Thanks for your reply. Yes you guys at TM have a good car. And prices are great especially with guys like RCNut and Borders promoting your car. I'm 90% sure that I'll be buying a another kit (RCnut) in the next few days. I think if you guys promote this car in the US you'll do well. I mean unless you read forums there isn't much about this car in the US. Maybe because it's winter and no races are going on. As a markteting person. Price helps but you need the demand to keep your product going. Supply and demand. I mean if Trinity spent some money and advertised this car and started showing this car off you guys wouldn't be able to make enough of them for the US. I had a few cars made by the big boys Kyosho, Yokomo etc and I'm very impressed by the G4 car. As many others in this forum are. But I really don't see that much of a demand yet. I mean a G4 pro kit for $255 on ebay, man they should be sucked up!!! The car is worth much more... Don't take this as a flame.

But once this car starts winning some events and if you find a US company that promotes this car right (I.e advertising, drivers etc) your company will see the demand. Word of mouth goes far..... Last year a friend of mine bought a 1/8 Slide and raced it. Within 1 week of everybody seeing the car my local hobby shop ordered 10+ kits. These cars are not cheap and hard to get parts. But people started buying them. I mean maybe the advertising and drivers aren't in the budget yet. But if I was Trinity I would be doing a better job at promoting this car. I think what RCnut is doing is AWESOME!!! Get the cars out there at a good price and once people see the car more and more people will start buying them. Asking there LHS about TM G4 and then the demand will be there. I mean another expample (I know AE Is a big company) but when the Nitro TC3 came out local hobby shops couldn't keep them in stock. Promoting that Associated did was good. Supply and demand. I don't want to tell TM what to do with the company but I'm proud to have a G4 and want the company to go far. I don't want a "Tucker"(an old AMerican car company that never took off) car. I mean you can put a good car out there at a cheap price but if people are not educated about it. It will flop (ie Studebaker's marketing mold). I hope Team Magic goes far in the future and if there's anything I can help please let me know. email me at [email protected].

just my 2 cents,

thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm wondering what kind of conflict of interest there is with Trinity having it's own Reflex and also having Team Magic's G4?

Also, not very many people carry Trinities Reflex here in the states. I don't know what Team Magic's options for caring the kit in the states were, but maybe Trinity wasn't the best choice in the first place since their kits aren't that supported in the states.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by B
anyone know if the Futaba 9450 will fit for steering without mods?

thx
it will fit with no mods (90deg angle I supposed). but then S9550 is a better fit since you will have more space to route and hide your wires
Old 02-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Prozak... The G4 was Trinity's replacement for the Reflex... The G4 is there new Team car. Yes, you can still find parts for the Reflex and some store still carry kits... but the Reflex is dead in the water... Don't get me wrong, the Reflex is a very nice car also, it's just that Josh Cyrul, Mike Dumas and Team Magic put alot of time and effort into the G4.... The G4 Won In Rome, Italy last November... http://www.teammagic.com.tw/news.php...n=show&nid=131
and is doing well where ever the car is raced. More factory and team driver need to post here and other forum sites. Trinity should have there electric 1/10 drivers out here in SoCal run the car at the local tracks like Revelation Raceway..Sept03 ROAR Nationals, KZ RC raceway and Crystal Park RC raceway... I hate to jump on Trinity and I'm really trying not to flame them or anyone... It's just that everyone here that has the car, loves the car... Word of mouth helps... Winning races is better and seeing Trinity's people with the car and local RC tracks is even better... I see Barry Baker with with NTC3 and TC3 at the local tracks all the time and the guy is Great!!! Very helpful to everyone... Mugen Team driver Robbie Collins is the same way and you know what??? There products are selling like hotcakes.. TM and Trinity, you have a winning with the G4... All you have to do now is go out and promote it... I see Trinity drivers all day at SoCal RC Electric raceway in Orange county Cali, but never see not one of them drive the G4 at any of the local nitro RC raceways... Funny thing, the Guys I see driving the car are driving alot better with the G4 then with there old cars, I myself included... I can go on and on... It's late... I just had to get that off my Chest... The Bordor RC... Thanks!!! I got my shipment

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.