Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

There a few little subtle differences. You might just wanna compare them yourself to see which one appeals to you more.

Price would be the major factor though. As you could make the difference up by buying your own hop-ups to match whatever the Border has added, cheaper.

The Border
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...99286028d5c9be

TM Evo is attached
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-g4-evo.jpg  
Old 05-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Reposition of Antenna

Originally posted by ttektek
Hi guys,

I have seen a few photos of G4s with the antenna in a different spot than the stock version. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

Sami
I think its a personal preference. I haven't had any glitches from the antenna being in the stock position. For me, mounting the antenna closer to the receiver makes it less vulnerable to accidents.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Guys, whats up with my damn glow charger. i was having problems in the past so i bought 2 new 1400 mah nicad batteries for it and they keep dying on me. I keep thinking i'm blowing glow plugs but thats not the case. Should i just buy a whole new glow charger? I bought this used.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default budlight

I little policy I have when it comes to used items:

Engines-never buy used unless you know the person selling it. With a used engine, you have no proof how it was run or broken in. Some high performance engines do not allow you to change fuels either so you have to find out what fuel to use etc, etc.

Glow ingnitors- if you can't afford to buy a new glow ignitor for $15 and have to but them used. This hobby is not for you. If a person is selling a glow ignotor, it must be on its way out unless the person is getting out of nitro. The batteries in glow ingitors do not last as long as say electric battery packs because they are never correctly discharged and recharged. How many people do you know completely discharge their glow ingitor batteries?

Just some insight for when you are buying used items.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Well when i bought my starter box i got the glow igniter with it. I got it for 80 bucks shipped. Its the ofna one with 2 motors. Oh well, i didn't know at the time. This weekend when i race i'll probably buy a new one. Thanks for the info.
Mike
Old 05-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
Guys, whats up with my damn glow charger. i was having problems in the past so i bought 2 new 1400 mah nicad batteries for it and they keep dying on me. I keep thinking i'm blowing glow plugs but thats not the case. Should i just buy a whole new glow charger? I bought this used.

Thanks,
Mike
What kind of charger are you using? You might be using an overnight charger and not letting it charge fully. I have an Ofna starter box. I'm not sure if its the same as yours, but mine comes with the front power panel. The glow ignitor is powered by the 12v battery (voltage cut down to 1.5v) You don't need sub c batteries for that.
But what I have been using for several months now is the ofna d cell glow ignitor. Then get some Radio Shack 4000Mah D NIMH batteries. Charge both of them on an overnight charger. Then you will always have glow ignitor power. Once your d-cell goes out, you'll always have a backup. Just remember to recharge the old battery. I haven't had to recharge mine for like three months, but I only race like three or four days out of a month.
Also keep a few old glow plugs that light up but doesn't work too well with your engine. Then if you are unsure about your glow ignitor just test it on a known working glow plug. You'll know if you're outta juice then.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Fuel tank leaking under pressure?

Anyone else experience this? Seems under throttle fuel leaks from the lid of the tank.

Not sure if there is a way to fix it, or if I just have a defective seal on the tank in which case I need to replace the whole tank correct?

Could this be from the pressure line running from exhaust to tank being to short?

And before anyone asks yes the lines are hooked up right!

Thanks
Old 05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Arrow HELP!

hey ya all! wazzup? i recently finished assembling my new g4 evo... kinda having problems with the steering coz the plastic ends(ballcap) from the turn buckles hit the bulkhead... what do i do? anyone ever experienced this? other than that i think this car will ROCK the tracks! just by looking at it you know team magic really focused on the CG of the car... plus the 75cc fuel tank! one more problem of mine is where to get the battery for this car, the batt from my v-onerr wont fit! hope anyone can help out thanks!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

I don't know about the turnbuckle............. problem but you have to use a mugen style battery pack the Kyosho V one series won't work......
Old 05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: HELP!

Originally posted by rbboy
hey ya all! wazzup? i recently finished assembling my new g4 evo... kinda having problems with the steering coz the plastic ends(ballcap) from the turn buckles hit the bulkhead... what do i do? anyone ever experienced this? other than that i think this car will ROCK the tracks! just by looking at it you know team magic really focused on the CG of the car... plus the 75cc fuel tank! one more problem of mine is where to get the battery for this car, the batt from my v-onerr wont fit! hope anyone can help out thanks!
You should really read our previous posts. We have covered the steering problems numerous times. Get yourself an MTX-3 battery for your G4 here.

http://www.kinetixrc.com
Old 05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

or you can make a pack out of nimhd aaa batteries
Old 05-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

where is the best place to cut the holes in the window to allow the motor to stay as cool as possible? Do i want to cut a half shaped circle near the top like i saw in a magazine article? What is the best body to run on the G4? Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

where is the best place to cut the holes in the window to allow the motor to stay as cool as possible? Do i want to cut a half shaped circle near the top like i saw in a magazine article? What is the best body to run on the G4? Thanks,
Well first of all are you going to be racing it??? Then you have to meet roar standards. They have specific places and sizes. The most poplular body that racers use is the Stratus, Mazada, and the Alfa (which is my favorite). IF you are going to just bash or race outlaw the best body for speeeeed is a Lola or GTP body. Awesome downforce!!!!

Anyway here's a body SHOPUFO just painted for me........
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-img_0151.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Here's one more..... check out the painted lights.....He does awesome work...
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-img_0149.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Well that body is nice but i am wondering where i can cut the holes to get the best cooling. I get to race this sunday for my first time ever and i'm going to be using the stratus 2.1 or the vauxhall vectra. I have it fitted on the chassis just wondering where i should cut the holes to cool the motor so i can stay legal.

Thanks,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.