Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

bballer and Nitropimp... Thanks guys... The only way to really tell if there is a problem is to really race the car... Driving the car on the weekends and having a good time at the track with your buddies is not really racing the car... 20-30-45 min. mains will let you know real quick if there is an issue with any car, make or model... Over all the G4 is solid and is super easy to drive... It's easy to setup and dial in as well... Guys at the track ask me all time do I want to sell it.... Not giving up yet... My answer is always... NO.

RC_Alan
Old 05-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rc_alan
Guys at the track ask me all time do I want to sell it.... Not giving up yet... My answer is always... NO.

RC_Alan
great answer !!!!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

rc_alan bballer and Nitropimp... Thanks guys... The only way to really tell if there is a problem is to really race the car... Driving the car on the weekends and having a good time at the track with your buddies is not really racing the car... 20-30-45 min. mains will let you know real quick if there is an issue with any car, make or model... Over all the G4 is solid and is super easy to drive... It's easy to setup and dial in as well... Guys at the track ask me all time do I want to sell it.... Not giving up yet... My answer is always... NO.
not all of us on here are just weekend racers having fun with our buddies, i'm currently 13th in the UK rubber national championship and Darran johnson with his G4 is winning the championship, and i know of no one who having the problems you guys are having.
though it is true driving a car hard you find there weak points, i know this all to well, i called it my nitro tc3 nightmare, but thats a whole other story
Old 05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I just drag race my G4, yesterday I smoked a T-Maxx!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

>>quote:
>>budlightnmyhand I'm telling you guys just tighten down that >>servo saver so its basically locked and does not move. your >>steering will not loosen up this solves all the problems.

>>be warned- locking up your servo saver is gonna cost you >>money if you hit anything, if theres no give anywhere on your >>steering its going to rip your servo apart

Yes, I will second that. Tore up servo gears this past weekend while leading the main.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Alright, guys, there is no way i can get my middle belt tensioner off b/c i threadlocked by accident If i end up having to cut it off, are there any car kits that have the same tensioner assembly so i can pick one up at my lhs? any help is appreciated thanks
Old 05-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Can't you just order another side plate and belt tensioner?

What if you cut off the little plastic roller? Can't you just get some pliers onto it then screw it off? If the head of the screw is stripped, then just dremel a slot for a flat head screw driver.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

I could order it, but i was counting on running the car this weekend and wanted to get this fixed as quickly as possible
Thanks for the suggestion, ill see how it goes
Old 05-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Which Engine?

I have Just about completed my G4. One of the best kits I have had the pleasure of building. What is the best .12 to throw in this bad boy as far as reliability and speed? Also, which steering servo do you guys use? Seems to be a tight fit.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

nitromaniac, there are many different engines out there, what is your price range and are you a beginner at tuning? For servos, get something with over 100oz torque and i think below .13. Ko Propo and airtronics seem to fit the best, but with a little cutting, any servo will fit
Old 05-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default ENGINE & SERVO

I have the rossi black pixi and the sirio evo 2 engines that I use in mine. I am liking the sirio more and more everyday. If you do not plan on legal racing, get the outlaw 5 port sirio. They are awesome.

As for the steering servo the Futaba s9550 fits best for me. I also know some use the ko2143 servo. Both are up there in price. The futaba goes for $80.00 if you can find it in stock anywhere and the ko is closer to $100-$110.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by bballer
I could order it, but i was counting on running the car this weekend and wanted to get this fixed as quickly as possible
Thanks for the suggestion, ill see how it goes
Seems like the Serpent 710 and the R40 shares the same belt tensioner design as the G4. Perhaps you could try one of those as a temporary solution.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

thanks aggdaddy, ill try that
Old 05-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at the evo 2. Money is no object when it comes to my hobbies. Stress reliever for me. I am an experienced tuner from way back but never got competitive. I'm talking when we used ariplane engines for our cars. So, we have to do some hackin to fit a decent steering servo?? I kind of figured that when I saw how much space we have.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

NITROMANIAC

NO NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am using futaba 9402 steering servo, it is staandard size and it fits good. you will have to shave off some of your nulkhead but thats normal, all g4 drivers have to do it. am i right guys???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.