Search

nitro tc3 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 05:47 PM
cox
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
nitro tc3 problem

i have an ntc3 when i accelerates it goes to the right, whats the problem with this. i just got my ntc3 2 weeks ago and thats the major problem i encountered so far. i also ask around and one of my fellow racers have electric tc3 and when he accelerates his car goes to the right as well, is this the problem with the car it self of just a set-up thing please help. if you have solve this problem already let me know you did.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Check your toe settings, front and rear. When the toe, specially the rear, is set more on one side than the other, it tends to do that. Also check your bearings and drivetrain, if something is binding or a bearing is blown, it will do that also. Lastly, check that your chassis is not tweaked.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Old 05-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the EXACT same problem. At first i thought it was my tires because i changed them and it seemed to go to the left instead of the right. Let me ask a question. If you brake hard does it also drift/slide to the right? What i did was what nitro dude suggested. you HAVE to make sure that the toe in (the rear) and the toe out (the front) is set correctly. Make sure the camber is set equally on all four tires. Also adjust the tweak. What is tweak? Glad you asked. Put your car on a surface that you know is flat and even. move the rear of the car until the back of the chassis is hanging over the edge (tires still need to be on the table). take a hobby knife and push the car up. both back tires should go off the ground at the same time. if they don't, take the opposite front tire and stiffen the shock. for example, if the left rear tire goes up before the right rear stiffen the shock spring on the right front tire. do this until both tires move up equally. do the same for the front. this will help out ALOT.

I went racing last night and one of the guys did all this to my car and it handled 300 zillion times better than before. plus, it went straight ...until i flipped it this afternoon. but i'm working on it now
Old 05-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by alucard13
[BAlso adjust the tweak. What is tweak? Glad you asked. Put your car on a surface that you know is flat and even. move the rear of the car until the back of the chassis is hanging over the edge (tires still need to be on the table). take a hobby knife and push the car up. both back tires should go off the ground at the same time. if they don't, take the opposite front tire and stiffen the shock. for example, if the left rear tire goes up before the right rear stiffen the shock spring on the right front tire. do this until both tires move up equally. do the same for the front. this will help out ALOT.[/B]
Make sure when you adjust for tweak that if you stiffen one shock you soften the opposite side the same amount or you will alter the ride height of the car.