Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quozl
2007 was FAMAR block 2009 is EFRA block. The rotation between the blocks for each class is in the IFMAR General rules Sec 1.5.1

Cheers Alastair
It would b nice if FEMCA desides not 2 have the worlds... Then the US would get it.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
It would b nice if FEMCA desides not 2 have the worlds... Then the US would get it.
Pooh Say that happins where would it be GL or Kiss,301?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

The 2009 Worlds are almost 99% sure to be held in Lostallo, Switzerland.

Regarding the fuel rule, there was strong talk that this Worlds would be the last one that uses control fuel.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedRC
Why EFRA again, it isn't their turn after they held it in 2005, is it?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Regarding the fuel rule, there was strong talk that this Worlds would be the last one that uses control fuel.
Thank you for all the info RedRc! I check in with you guys at least once a day, the info you provide is invaluable.

I personally am happy this will be the last WC using controlled fuel.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

That is a good thing. I think it's wrong that there is controlled fuel. U should b able 2 run what ever fuel that u feel is best IMO.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

That is a good thing. I think it's wrong that there is controlled fuel. U should b able 2 run what ever fuel that u feel is best IMO.
I guess it is not allowed to take fuel with you in an airplane.....
So that would mean that the "whatever fuel" you want to run, should be available at the track, and this will be impossible.
So there should be a possibility to buy fuel at the track, but this will be a selected few, I guess.....
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by carkillaii
Pooh Say that happins where would it be GL or Kiss,301?
301 301 301 301
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GK
Why EFRA again, it isn't their turn after they held it in 2005, is it?
As I posted earlier, the rotation of World Championships is in the IFMAR General Rules rule 1.5.1 at this link http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/ifmar_wc_general_06.pdf

For 8th scale 2009 is the EFRA block, ROAR gets it again in 2011. The block schedule for world championships for all classes is in the General Rules document.

If it is Lostallo in 2009 it is an amazing track, we were there for the 5th scale worlds two years ago and it is easily one of the 10 best tracks in the world.

Cheers Al
Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

As I posted earlier, the rotation of World Championships is in the IFMAR General Rules rule 1.5.1 at this link http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/ifmar_wc_general_06.pdf

For 8th scale 2009 is the EFRA block, ROAR gets it again in 2011. The block schedule for world championships for all classes is in the General Rules document.

If it is Lostallo in 2009 it is an amazing track, we were there for the 5th scale worlds two years ago and it is easily one of the 10 best tracks in the world.

Cheers Al
Is there a website 4 the track?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a website 4 the track?
http://www.mrtm.com/

Cheers Alastair
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.mrtm.com/

Cheers Alastair
Now THAT is a track!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone knows why fuel control begun?

Because of frauds, illegal additives added, cold fuel used, and many more...

Fuel control exists to prevent fraudes conserning fuel and make this hobby more equal and fair for everyone.

I don't agree at all with free fuel. And I also think that tyres should also be controlled and the same for everyone, like in other motorsports, in the shearch for more competitive races.

And it is one less headacke when travelling by plane...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default controlled fuel

Controlled fuel,

I see that this being a HOT topic...

First off, the WORLDS is not only a test of the drivers' ability but the motor tunner and mechanics' as well.
Manufactures come to debut their products, ultimately proving their dominance and supremicy!!!
The idea behind controlled fuel is that IT'S THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. I'd go as far as saying this ..if you can't tune a motor
you shouldn't be at the WORLDS. Lets be honest this worlds did present the motor tuners with an array of tuning conditions with the constantly changing weather.

If the fuel as it were to be contaminated with "used" fuel then why is it that the same fuel produced better performace in the FINAL (this is when it should be most contaminated) than any other time during the event?
These rules were put in place to make the competition FAIR. The bottom line is simply this at the end of each qualifying round and FINAL the fuel is once again tested using the nirtomax 25% device, and even with "Contaminated fuel" is still 25%. I really can't see this being that BIG of an issue.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trickd122
Controlled fuel,

I see that this being a HOT topic...

First off, the WORLDS is not only a test of the drivers' ability but the motor tunner and mechanics' as well.
Manufactures come to debut their products, ultimately proving their dominance and supremicy!!!
The idea behind controlled fuel is that IT'S THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. I'd go as far as saying this ..if you can't tune a motor
you shouldn't be at the WORLDS. Lets be honest this worlds did present the motor tuners with an array of tuning conditions with the constantly changing weather.

If the fuel as it were to be contaminated with "used" fuel then why is it that the same fuel produced better performace in the FINAL (this is when it should be most contaminated) than any other time during the event?
These rules were put in place to make the competition FAIR. The bottom line is simply this at the end of each qualifying round and FINAL the fuel is once again tested using the nirtomax 25% device, and even with "Contaminated fuel" is still 25%. I really can't see this being that BIG of an issue.

Just my 2 cents!
In that case why not use the same motors,cars and radios to see who's the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.