Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What's amazing to me is after a 1 hour race, the top 3 drivers were seperate by less than 7 seconds. Just incredible concentration.

I've know the Tosolini's for a REALLY long time, they introduced me to fuel on-road and it's amazing to me to see how how competitive Chris is in all forms of RC racing, but especially 1/8th fuel on-road. Too bad his tire strategy did not hold out for the remaining 10 minutes. Excellent job Chris...another top notch finish for the guy from the North East. See you soon.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

The pictures and two movies which Roelof made from the finals are uploaded to our site!
Sorry it took so long, but I was out racing myselve ...
But now they are available at www.RC-Junkies.net
Roelof made a beautiful video from the first three minutes of the final (including the start!) and a video of the training for the top 4 before the final...

Last edited by Bart_Banaan; 10-14-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I've been reading all these post about what happend. U guys really have no idea what when wrong. There is nothing wrong with the Mugen. The X car is great!!!! Until u race in a worlds and c what goes on u'll never know. If the Mugen was such a bad car, how come Kyosho and Serpent coppied it? Both look like Mugens in the rear. Don't get me wrong, I think all the cars r great! All the cars copy each other in 1 way or another. But if u take a close look, u'll c how much the cars look like the Mugen.
hmmm i like reading this see how thing change when your not driving the winning car . if the X kit suck why not go back to the R and start going faster
Old 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captian
hmmm i like reading this see how thing change when your not driving the winning car . if the X kit suck why not go back to the R and start going faster
Nothing is wrong with the X! Bottom line!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Nothing is wrong with the X! Bottom line!
good to see that you are going to stick with it even if it did not work at the worlds. there's allways next worlds

Last edited by captian; 10-14-2007 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm not turning on Mugen in any way, I just want to know what happened. If they had 38 cars in that race and only one.......ONE F-ing car makes it into the final. Regardless of what happen it still looks bad........Period. If I were looking for a new car for next season based on this race, it would not be a Mugen. Everyone wants to drive a winner right?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default world championship

It's really sad how influential you guys are! Wow! I guess in the eyes of the guys who read this forum what wins on sunday definitely sales on monday! So I guess all the local hobby shops in reading distance of these forums had better stock up on Kyosho's. LOL, LMAO!!! You poor guys don't even understand. I personally drive a mugen, it's currently a MRX4-X. I have owned and raced a Serpent NT 1/8, a mrx3,Delta xp4,mrx4,mrx4r and now i'm the proud and very competitive owner of a MRX4-X!!!

I've purchased each 1 of these cars usually because of the guy who was beating me at the track whose car I watched do something my own car wasn't capable of doing. Not because of who raced in another country on a surface that was not even close to what I run on etc, etc. Let alone 50 out of the 100 or so of these guys at the worlds are capable of demanding things from a car that I'll never be capable of or even understand. I'm so happy with my car and its parts availability, pricing, simplicity, quality and support, that I'll continue to support the factory of Mugen! Guys pay attention to what car is doing well at your track. I've seen guys with the other car go home because they couldn't find another racer with a certain part. I've never had that problem with my Mugen. Maybe we should get a little shootout going on for 2008 and keep a tally of whats winning, TQ, and how frequently etc, I bet I know what the answer will be.

Before any of you guys post it. I'm not bitter, upset, jealous etc. Again i've been very competitive with my Mugen 1/8th on road car. I constantly make the A main in my area and I have had a few podium finishes for the 2007 season in Region 1 also.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Our complete Finals report is online since this morning as well as the complete final results: http://events.redrc.net/

We hope you enjoyed our reports and coverage and I would like to once more thank Kyosho, Xceed RC, Serpent / Mega and R/C Car magazine for making this coverage possible.

I now have a 2 and a half day trip back to The Netherlands.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bart_Banaan
The pictures and two movies which Roelof made from the finals are uploaded to our site!
Sorry it took so long, but I was out racing myselve ...
But now they are available at www.RC-Junkies.net
Roelof made a beautiful video from the first three minutes of the final (including the start!) and a video of the training for the top 4 before the final...

Where are the movies?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nytaurean
It's really sad how influential you guys are! Wow! I guess in the eyes of the guys who read this forum what wins on sunday definitely sales on monday! So I guess all the local hobby shops in reading distance of these forums had better stock up on Kyosho's. LOL, LMAO!!! You poor guys don't even understand. I personally drive a mugen, it's currently a MRX4-X. I have owned and raced a Serpent NT 1/8, a mrx3,Delta xp4,mrx4,mrx4r and now i'm the proud and very competitive owner of a MRX4-X!!!

I've purchased each 1 of these cars usually because of the guy who was beating me at the track whose car I watched do something my own car wasn't capable of doing. Not because of who raced in another country on a surface that was not even close to what I run on etc, etc. Let alone 50 out of the 100 or so of these guys at the worlds are capable of demanding things from a car that I'll never be capable of or even understand. I'm so happy with my car and its parts availability, pricing, simplicity, quality and support, that I'll continue to support the factory of Mugen! Guys pay attention to what car is doing well at your track. I've seen guys with the other car go home because they couldn't find another racer with a certain part. I've never had that problem with my Mugen. Maybe we should get a little shootout going on for 2008 and keep a tally of whats winning, TQ, and how frequently etc, I bet I know what the answer will be.

Before any of you guys post it. I'm not bitter, upset, jealous etc. Again i've been very competitive with my Mugen 1/8th on road car. I constantly make the A main in my area and I have had a few podium finishes for the 2007 season in Region 1 also.
Wow! I don't think I have seen a single post that said they were switching "rides" because Mugen didn't win. On the other hand, I have seen people chatting and wondering and "discussing" (which is what this forum is all about) what might have caused Mugen or whatever team not to Show well.
Overwhelmingly what I have read is that people suspect engine power, (which is what Mikey said himself to Red RC) , and possibly the fuel, and fuel mileage, and strategy.
Mugen is a good car, as is Serpent the TQ, as is Motonica and The winner Kyosho.
This is a fun SPORT! And we are racing for bowling trophys.
Collari has won using numerous chassis brands and motors, and could have quite possibly won with any of the above mentioned products.
Chill and have fun with your hobby.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

[QUOTE=RedRC;3764956]Our complete Finals report is online since this morning as well as the complete final results: http://events.redrc.net/

We hope you enjoyed our reports and coverage and I would like to once more thank Kyosho, Xceed RC, Serpent / Mega and R/C Car magazine for making this coverage possible.

I now have a 2 and a half day trip back to The Netherlands. [/QUOTE

Have a safe trip! And THANK YOU for keeping us all informed on the racing action!! You guys are AWESOME!!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jason Smith
Where are the movies?

The movies are only shown when logged in, registration is free.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Tosso----- u are my hero as always congratulations my dego friend.....

and Mike ------we all know whom u r ...... sorry for your troubles
Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Roelof!!! You and RC Junkies forum are the best!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nytaurean

we all love the cars we drive and we all get the new stuff that comes out for them to keep them up to date with the latest and greatest things so we can have the things that work and some that dont . but there are people that like to get what the champ is running thats how this hobby goes and the market supports that . and that goes for engines,body's , tires ect. i think that this worlds shows how all the cars work well its just who's hands its in. kyosho won with the old car . and i am sure all the top team had plenty of time to sort out all the bugs with the cars and the engines and tire's . pre worlds gave's feed back to all teams . but the heat of comp some times changes things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.