Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray? >

Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray?

Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray?

Hey everyone...which is your favourite car?We've got TM G4S/G4+, Kyosho V1-RRR, Serpent 720 and X-ray NT1. Currently I'm running a TM G4S.I'm sure that all these cars are winners but what criteria made you choose your current ride?X-Ray claims its NT1 is a "Luxury" touring car but does that really matter?Luxury car=expensive maintenance.I made my choice on TM because I believe that its value for money and potentially with practice I too can win races.So what do you all think?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

i run mugen but tm g4s is 2nd.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm...such poor response to this thread.C'mon everyone let's hear your say.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I drive Mugen too, but if got a chance I wanna try X-ray, Had G4S before , it is a good car. the last thing I want is Kyosho, I still can't get over that top of the line model come with philip screws
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've ran the Mugen up till the time that the Xray was available. I switched and never looked back. I personaly like the NT1. On the durability note, you might think that it was high cost in maint...........not so. I've only replaced 3 parts on the car that was due to wear/wrecks. I have a good supply of parts, but I hadn't had to use very many of them.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all the above r all very good cars... but there always pros and cons between them. my first priority is parts availability, price , and of course durabality...i have driven mugen, kyosho and at present the 720....and i like all of them..who knows maybe i'll be with the NT1
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

i currently drive a G4S...but i had and original Black Magic G4 first...
Old 09-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

i believe all the mention car is good and up to standard, wat u said is true with lots of practice any cars will win too. i still believe *each of its own* most important is tht u r happy with ur car end of the day. u r the driver not others...
Old 09-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i drive a kyosho rrr wc,i choose this kit because it carries a larger batt than tm and serpent,plus the suspension arms is durable and beefier than the g4s and 720. im also planning to get an nt1, the nt1's drivetrain is really smooth and free than any kits.

Last edited by skull03; 09-06-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I drive the Mugen(I'm just happy with the car). I love the planted rear end of the Mugen. If I were to change I would have to go with the NT1 but all are good
Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Each car has it's pros and cons - on the track and in the pits. Straight out of the box, each car will be optimized for a certain type of track and it's really up to the person tuning the car to find the right setup for the tracks they run on - much easier said than done for many. Add an engine, body and tires into the mix and now things really get complicated.

What do I look for?
  • Mechanically sound. No inherent problems and things don't significantly come loose on it's own while you're racing after being assembled properly. I expect things to get loose if you hit things.
  • Easy to work on. Anything that causes any level of frustration gets minus points. When I'm in a hurry, I need to be able to change things fast.
  • Survives a crash without falling to pieces. I don't mind breaking suspension arms, hubs and ripping out screws/turnbuckles.
  • Maximum setup flexibility. Give me the option to try whatever I want and I'm happy. Don't limit what I can and cannot do.
  • Durability and reliablity. Parts last as long as the other guy's parts. No "excessive wear in a short amount of time" issues.
Given all of the above, I'm just looking for a car that I can enjoy racing during an event without getting pissed at it. I want to be able to set it up the way I want and finish every qualifier/race as much as possible. Realistically, due to wear and tear, I only expect the car to run without problems 8 out of 10 times. The other 2 times, I'm expecting it to be jacked up in some way that I (1) didn't know about before I started a race, (2) did know about, but couldn't figure out or fix in time or (3) something happens during a race. There are a lot of times that I can still finish a race, even if the car is messed up.

Since the RRR was my first 1/10th car, it is the standard by which I compare other cars. I sold my MTX-4 because it didn't quite meet my expectations.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 09-05-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Kyosho all the way....
Old 09-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

My first nitro car was the first generation Serpent Impulse.Loved the box it came with.Single speeder and in those days we were running rubber tyres.I actually won in a "D" main race with this car.Came in first. But everyone were running Serpents so can't compare to other brands during that time.With my current ride TM G4S I'm really enjoying this car.Most probably my next car would be the NT1.Hey how come that Hudy guy always puts his Diploma in Engr before his name on Xray website?I find it so weird.Hahahah.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Everybody wants the NT1?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramiel
Everybody wants the NT1?
As far as online presence and marketing goes, XRAY is #1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.