Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray? >

Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray?

Team Magic,Kyosho,Serpent or X-ray?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My first car was a 710. Nice fit and finish. The only problem I had and the only reason I switched was because I was new and no one at my local track ran or new how to help me with the setup.

After a couple of months of running the 710 I switched to the car everyone was running at the track, Mugen. Easy car to drive and parts are plentiful.

Earlier this year I was hooked up with an RCAmerica sponsorship and switched to the NT1 and would say that it is the easiest of all three to drive. It is probably due to running a one-way in the front. The NT1 was the easiest to build and repair and went together the nicest of the three.

Bottom line is if your trying to choose what car to buy, go with the one that you can get the most help with if your new or the one were you can get the best parts support. These two factors were what lead me to leave Serpent.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suck_my_exhaust
Hey how come that Hudy guy always puts his Diploma in Engr before his name on Xray website?I find it so weird.Hahahah.
I have seen this type of title before and believe this is a European thing for engineers. Here in the US we use EI (engineering intern), EIT (engineer in training) which are the same thing and ultimately PE (professional engineer).
Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by JB04
I have seen this type of title before and believe this is a European thing for engineers. Here in the US we use EI (engineering intern), EIT (engineer in training) which are the same thing and ultimately PE (professional engineer).
True, it's a european thing, they use their titles everywhere, even on mailboxes. Just type "dipl eng" in google...
Back to the topic - NT1 is my choice as well, raced with it all summer, car is very durable, easy to work on. You'll also get a great support, over 130 setup sheets on their website already from team guys and others... I was always happy with Xray stuff, so I guess I'm little biased
Old 09-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Serpent for me 100%.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ramiel
Everybody wants the NT1?
i dont
i dont know why
iv been running mugen for years off and on
i always come back to mugen
i think i just have better luck with there cars and i can work on it so easy to get set up and just repair fast.
same thing go's for ninja,after running these motors this year i will probably never run another novarossi or jp again.
its just how i feel with the stuff i run but hey its all in fun
Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mugen is my 1st choice always. I've driven everything except the NT1 and all of them, when setup up for "your" driving style, are good. Me and Mugen just work well together.

The NT1 right now should be the best. They've had years to watch the nitro touring scene and put all the best features from all the top cars into they're car. Not mad at them at all. Advantage Xray.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Don't think there's a lot of interest for the NT1 where I come from.I may be wrong though.But so far V1RRRs are always on the list of every race here.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have both mugen and serpent 720 '07. Both cars are good and its with the driver to bring these cars on the podium. Mugen mtx4 arms are stronger than serpents. But serpent 720 is easier to drive.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

NT1,MTX-4,RRR etc on.. all car is good!!!!

But the fastest car is G4+ !!!!

Darren and Dario proved it in Euro 2007(Best Lap 1st,2nd was G4+)!!
Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

What engine did Dario used in that race?Did every racer used the same engine?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by suck_my_exhaust
What engine did Dario used in that race?Did every racer used the same engine?

Dario used Novarossi 353 PLUS 2 engine in 2007 Europe Champion
Old 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

I got out of racing for awhile, but just got back into it.I got a chance to drive a 720, RRR, MTX4,and NT1,all in the same day. I bought the NT1. It was by far, the nicest kit I ever built. The drivetrain. is very light, and the car rolls more freely that any car I ever had (and I have had all of them). I think right now,and notice I said right now, it is the best car out there. But thats the benefit of being the newest car out there.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Or be like me I own 2 MTX-3, G4S and now I have a new in box NT1... Hmm....I dont even know what car to run! LOL...

But all and all I'm very happy with my G4S!! The car run great on a Medium to Large track! and for my MTX3 I use it to run around the parking lot with my 10years old MT12 I race it in any club race locally.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Looking @ this thread you will hear it all
1st bang for the buck & out of the box KYOSHO
as for all of the cars available they are all great cars but you will always need to buy this & that to get it where it should be.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Go with Mugen... I have had 720, Mugen and RRR... The RRR i didnt even get it to run it at the track because it gave me such a headache changing the front belt that I said "to hell with this" and sold it to a friend of mine... The 720 is a great car but its too fragile for me... I would like to try the NT1 but theres no parts support over here...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.