MRX-4X

Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I have been running Venom 1250mah pack with a Novak 5460 servo regulator (voltage regulator).
Any problems with the fit of the Venom pack in the tray or the opening in the chassis.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by choisan
teamhero from japan. they make the best pulley www.hirofactory.jp Mine for MRX4's been used for 3 years, no sharpered teeth. It is a bit pricy, but it lasts a 4ever.
where do i get them
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new3
where do i get them
See two posts above yours.

Choisan already told you; Pro-Shop Futaba.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I use to run aluminum pulleys but I seemed to always strip the front belt even when I did not hit anything. I switched back to the stock pulleys and my belts last a hell of a lot longer now. No alum. for me. Just my experience.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hero's pulley was not made of aluminum, it is steel. i was quite astonished and amazed how nice and precise they are, i was almost put them aside for "watching" only, they are gorgeous. I have full set of pullys for both of my mrx4 and mtx4 even with the one piece one way.
but after using it, no more wiping the teeth.
give it a try, if you look for alu. i bought it because i had the kawahara's alu, the teeth were all flattered and no good.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

I got a chance 2 run the X this weekend and figured out the X stands 4 Xcellent!!! The car is good and very adjustable. Can't wait 2 do more testing. We got rained out at Kissimmee this weekend. Damn I love MUGEN!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I got a chance 2 run the X this weekend and figured out the X stands 4 Xcellent!!! The car is good and very adjustable. Can't wait 2 do more testing. We got rained out at Kissimmee this weekend. Damn I love MUGEN!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

does anyone know the exact release date for this car? i've been shopping around and i think i want to give mugen a try. parts seem to be less expensive compared to serpent and easier to come by than kyosho. also i want some kawahara stuff for this car, so if someone has a good source/dealer where i can buy from that would be great. thanks guys.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Damn I love MUGEN!!!
We know that Pooh, don't have to tell it every other post you make.

But I wonder, if you would have bought the same parts new, but then for your "R", wouldn't you benifit from the new "fresh" parts as well?..
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by icon
does anyone know the exact release date for this car? i've been shopping around and i think i want to give mugen a try. parts seem to be less expensive compared to serpent and easier to come by than kyosho. also i want some kawahara stuff for this car, so if someone has a good source/dealer where i can buy from that would be great. thanks guys.
The "X" should be available already.....
About the parts being less expensive, have you checked the lifetime of the parts?....
Old 10-23-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by M7H
The "X" should be available already.....
About the parts being less expensive, have you checked the lifetime of the parts?....

I have raced Serpent and Mugen the lifetime of the parts is the same, but even when Mugen has a little shorter lifetime (which I don't agree)...the parts are that much cheaper then Serpent..that you easly can afford to replace parts which are worn.

And one more thing..there are more manufacturers that make good cars then just Serpent!!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by icon
it is available from japan.
無限精機
#H0085 MRX-4X シャーシキット
¥65520(税込定価\84000)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

This askes for a reaction, excuse me guys...

Originally Posted by Team Wijchen
I have raced Serpent and Mugen the lifetime of the parts is the same
I've seen Mugen drivers change belts and pulleys far more frequently then you need to with a Snake.
On the other hand, I think a Mugen is just a tard stronger....
but even when Mugen has a little shorter lifetime (which I don't agree)...the parts are that much cheaper then Serpent..that you easly can afford to replace parts which are worn.

well, you really need to check mate, because you are really wrong there....
Here, I took the time to take some pricetags from "the-border"

Rear Belt:
S: 9.73,-
M: 12.87,-

Radio plate:
S: 62.62,-
M: 45.60,-

Chassis:
S: 83.84,-
M: 136.26,-

Rear Upright:
S: 6.83,- (You get 1)
M: 9.28,- (You get 2)

damper set:
S: 39.54,-
M: 41.50,-

So, there you have some facts......

Also with Mugen, if you break a suspension arm, you need to buy a set, containing left and right. People hated Serpent for that exact same reason.....

And one more thing..there are more manufacturers that make good cars then just Serpent!!
I didn't say there aren't!...

Last edited by M7H; 10-23-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by M7H
I've seen Mugen drivers change belts and pulleys far more frequently then you need to with a Snake.
Maybe that is because you see more mugens than snakes around you ?

Originally Posted by M7H
Also with Mugen, if you break a suspension arm, you need to buy a set, containing left and right. People hated Serpent for that exact same reason.....
In the time Serpent started to use the very easy breakable plastic that was a hated issue, people had more than 10 left side parts unused..... In the 12 years I drive Mugen (had the very 1st Sting) I had maybe 2 leftside parts unused. It is all about how strong the parts are....

Regarding Lipo's. So why using 1250mAh Lipo and a Brass tray and a regulator when 2/3A cells of 1500mAh are a lot cheaper and better in handling and give more time ?
If it is all about runtime you must have a least 2000mAh to gain a real advantage and still with current 1500/1600mAh 2/3A cells you can race one hour at least which is only done in the WC finals.
And what I said in another topic is we do drive in the rain and one drop of rain in the regulator can cause many problems and a lot of people do not take care to make the regulator rainproof as they do better with the receiver.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Roelof good job at the WC racing & covering the event. You mention racing in the rain for us fair weather racers in Florida what do you do to water proof your car & change the setup for wet racing I think we need to start trying it here. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.