Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
200mm nitro touring car hot again!!! >

200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

RC tracks need exposure to foot and car traffic to get the atttention of newbies. But most of the current tracks now are in some obscure, out of the way place where people wouldn't normally notice. Track owners should place billboards and signs located on busy streets to let the public know of the tracks location. Something like

"Exciting Radio Controlled ON-Road racing every Sunday" take the next exit

or

"Try Our Track" Right on Main, Left on 1st

You guys know what I'm talking about.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hot

How about?

Girls
Girls
Girls
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
How about?

Girls
Girls
Girls
Like This?
Attached Thumbnails 200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!-20060114mrc0031.jpg  
Old 08-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
Has anyone ever actually watched an RC race on TV or Video?? It is extremely hard to follow, and quite frankly similar to watching paint dry!

kinda like watching an F1 race.
Am an F1 fan and have been to many live races in a few countries. It takes a while to learn how to watch and F1 race live and know what's going on. This is mainly because most tracks do not have seats where you get to see the whole track. For F1, its far easier to watch it on TV and follow the race. Of course, if you buy the US$ 10,000+ paddock tickets then watching F1 live is ideal.

As for RC, its definitely better to be there but if you can't then its 1000% better to watch a video than to see still digital photos of the action. The ultimate thing is to buy Ray Wood DVDs because he "completes" the event for you.

If you download short clips such as the ones I do for 3hobby.net then you won't get the whole race. Plus I'm an amature and all I'm trying to do is to give a taste of the atmosphere of nitro racing for specific events - limited by my self-financed bandwidth on the site. (which means the videos have to be short and small)
Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Lord

What is she doing with the winner ?

Watching RC racing is nothing without a good reporter. Once we had an indoor race and we invited a well known commentator from the Dutch Zandvoort track for real racing cars. He had some starting difficulties with following the race but after a while he was impressed about our cars and he came loose and so the public was also focused to hear what was going on on the track.

Regarding the kind of people who you need to approach for this hobby, they are the ones who loves motorracing but because financial or physical reasons can not drive a real racing car.
My thoughts are always to enter motorracing fairs, to show these cars have all the aspects of motorracing and the speed and action of which 1:1 drivers can only dream of.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

alot of these posts all say the same thing...pro's and noobs mix like oil and water......

I'll stand by my assertion.....and tell you this....

at the HPI challenges, Nitro stock cars, on a decent sized racetrack, were turning withinn a lap or two of the pro cars....(slower is faster applies here....)..

keep it simple, and make it fun.....run an HPI RTR class...the cars are cheap, even if thy upgrade to a better radio......they are not as slow as you think in a 5 minute heat..........and the pro's and noobs could have alot of fun together.....

pro's don't want to run a touring HPI?....

make it special.....everyone had to use the new muscle car spec series HPI has.......I've tried the new cars with those wide tires......they are not bad...and those cuda's look COOL running around the track....reminds me of 1996...where everyone had a cool body...and NO ONE even new what a stratus was...
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
Like This?
Damn dat's nice.!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know its expensive, but one thing that might work for the noobs that get scared becaue of the cost would be a rental deal. You go to the track where you get to run on a spec class, everybody rents the cars from the track owners or hobby shops, the cars are all the same and are maintained by the owners. This way noobs dont get scared so much at the cost, they get to expirience close racing and they dont have to put the work. There would also be people to tune the engines for them, that way they dont get frustrated by that side of nitro racing.

The ones that really enjoy it might then be inclined to go and buy better cars and move out of the spec class, the learning curve would be the same, but less frustrating. Another thing, the track should get the more expirience racers to "coach" the noobs while on the driving stand.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
alot of these posts all say the same thing...pro's and noobs mix like oil and water......

I'll stand by my assertion.....and tell you this....

at the HPI challenges, Nitro stock cars, on a decent sized racetrack, were turning withinn a lap or two of the pro cars....(slower is faster applies here....)..

keep it simple, and make it fun.....run an HPI RTR class...the cars are cheap, even if thy upgrade to a better radio......they are not as slow as you think in a 5 minute heat..........and the pro's and noobs could have alot of fun together.....

pro's don't want to run a touring HPI?....

make it special.....everyone had to use the new muscle car spec series HPI has.......I've tried the new cars with those wide tires......they are not bad...and those cuda's look COOL running around the track....reminds me of 1996...where everyone had a cool body...and NO ONE even new what a stratus was...
Harry,

That is why the Kyosho Inferno GT was chosen for our RTR promotional event. The car’s price won’t scare away new people (Under $400), its Bigger, more durable than a conventional 10th or 8th scale, kinda fast, they look & smell real good and they command attention because they’re loud.

The car is upgradable with all the Kyosho durability options to win any Off-Road Worlds Championships; so it can smack abuncha boards or mix it up with with the local moron R/C bully and not ruin any newbie’s day by not scattering parts all over the track.

It’s a total no-brainer, the Kyosho Inferno GT is the car. Done deal!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Harry,

That is why the Kyosho Inferno GT was chosen for our RTR promotional event. The car’s price won’t scare away new people (Under $400), its Bigger, more durable than a conventional 10th or 8th scale, kinda fast, they look & smell real good and they command attention because they’re loud.

The car is upgradable with all the Kyosho durability options to win any Off-Road Worlds Championships; so it can smack abuncha boards or mix it up with with the local moron R/C bully and not ruin any newbie’s day by not scattering parts all over the track.

It’s a total no-brainer, the Kyosho Inferno GT is the car. Done deal!

I think as a promo car, that IS the perfect choice......but what happens when you aren't racing these at your track?...

you tell him that was for fun, now this is what we race?....
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

I've always wondered why tracks never had rental rides? Most tracks are able to get Manufacturers to donate thousands of $$$ in prizes for thier race raffles so it wouldn't be such a stretch for a Track owner to get an alloted # of cars from the manufacturers so they can rent out to the on lookers. There is a big difference between watching and actually getting to drive one. I remember getting back into this hobby after someone was actually nice enough to let me try his car.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Get a grip on reality Harry

Originally Posted by fastharry
I think as a promo car, that IS the perfect choice......but what happens when you aren't racing these at your track?...

you tell him that was for fun, now this is what we race?....
Harry,

There are already hundreds of these cars out there.

They’re all being “bashed” or used by Street Racers” because no sanctioning body in America allows them to race. It’s funny; the most durable R/C chassis that can be driven on-road is the Buggy-based “Rally” cars.

They may not be as fast as a Motonica, Evolva, 960, MRX or Velox, but they don’t require an investment of $2K – 3K to get on the track and play.

They also don’t shatter into a million pieces in a serious crash. They based on Off-Road designs that take abuse that no On-Road car can take.

True 8th scale cars are the F1 of R/C racing, hands down. When people are ready to go “Big-Time” the F1s will be there.

You can’t expect “the Mainstream World” to be able to buy, build, drive and service them do you?

RC Pro Series will be sanctioning “Buggy-Based Rally Cars” at some of our 2008 On-Road racing season along with our “traditional” Nitro Sedan & 8th scale classes.

We realize the need for a more affordable yet exciting racing option to promote our sport. Anyone that has one of these cars will be welcome to race at the fine tracks that host our Series & Special event programs provided they show up.

Last edited by Jspeed; 08-25-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

No body sanctioned, truggys, touring cars, or the 15 open class, untill enough of them showed up and wanted to race.Even the Hpi Challenge, was had alot more serious racers than new people. The last 2 I went, I borrowed a car to go.The assumption here is that if companies build a cheap entry level car, on road racin will pick up again.That is like saying, when Chevy, Ford and Dodge race, people will race their cars. Racing is not their objective, selling cars is.The people that go and spend 400 dollars to get into racing,will soon realize, that that 400 dollars,is not all they have to spend to go racing.
These ideas, of spec class, or entry level class or rental classes, have all been tried before. The people that tried these classes, realized that,the cost of racing is alot more than the cost of getting in.And those who stayed in racing wished they would have saved their money and bought a good competetive car to begin with. And thats why I said an entry level class is alot like suckering in racers.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BUDGET RACING.
You know how to make small fortune in racing ? Start with a big one.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

I was not reffering to a rental class. I was thinking that It might not be a bad idea for tracks to have a rental car. Which tracks have offered this?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just because not every noob that tries the spec class becomes a harcore racer doesnt mean we shouldnt try it, if out of 10 guys 2 hang around and become racers, is better than none.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.