Wiki Posts
Search

RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car

I'm looking to buy this car RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car. Any pro's or con's?

Im BRAND new to nitro. What motor and pipe would you recommend and any other info you can give me.

Thanks for any info.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi I have been looking into buying a Team Magic G4 or G4S and people have been telling me that it is better to get the G4S rtr than the RDL mongoose.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

That is the same advice I got, ended up with the Mugen MTX-4R. If you want to say with the Team Magic line, the G4S is a great car

Last edited by va_connoisseur; 08-09-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm driving a G4S and love it!! The car handle geat with proper setup! only problem is parts is hard to come by!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

parts are no longer hard to come by we have a whole line of team magic accesory's just ned LHS to contact me for dealer app an parts will be available
Old 08-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

I second the parts are available via internet. I live in Quebec and no hobby shops stock team magic.

I go to raceday hobbies online and get what i need. It's for sure that in the beginning of every season i stock up on parts that are prone to breaking if you hit. this way i'm never stuck missing a race.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

i owned a G4 and now i own a G4S....really good car....handle's well and set-up is easy ( pretty much )...i am a loyal Team Magic follower....
Old 08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Melon
Hi I have been looking into buying a Team Magic G4 or G4S and people have been telling me that it is better to get the G4S rtr than the RDL mongoose.
i have a ton of team magic g4s's for sale. Look in the for sale section and search for "Team magic"
Old 08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
I'm looking to buy this car RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car. Any pro's or con's?

Im BRAND new to nitro. What motor and pipe would you recommend and any other info you can give me.

Thanks for any info.

i have a ton of team magic g4s's for sale. Look in the for sale section and search for "Team magic"
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default G4/Mongoose

The G4/Mongoose is a great car....I actually ran it for about 6yrs......If I were u I wouldnt get the mongoose or the ready to run.......U should buy the G4s in kit form and build ur kit from the ground up,,,,so u learn how the car works......and if u wanted to oneday upgrade ur car to the G4+ ur only a few parts away....dnt wast time wit ready to runs they never come with the race ready parts!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xray prince
The G4/Mongoose is a great car....I actually ran it for about 6yrs......If I were u I wouldnt get the mongoose or the ready to run.......U should buy the G4s in kit form and build ur kit from the ground up,,,,so u learn how the car works......and if u wanted to oneday upgrade ur car to the G4+ ur only a few parts away....dnt wast time wit ready to runs they never come with the race ready parts!!!!
The kit is the way to go. You will learn a lot and it makes it easier when it's time to break it down for cleaning or to replace a part.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are better of with a Pro kit if you are really serious about racing... Any of the leading brands out there would be great such as the Serpent 720 '07 version, Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE, Team Magic G4S, Mugen MTX-4R, X-ray NT1. The big question now is how much are you willing to invest...
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

"You are better of with a Pro kit if you are really serious about racing... Any of the leading brands out there would be great such as the Serpent 720 '07 version, Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE, Team Magic G4S, Mugen MTX-4R, X-ray NT1. The big question now is how much are you willing to invest..."

I'm looking to guy a kit car. I would never buy an RTR because to make it race ready cost more then the kit.

I'm willing to spend up 5 or 600.00. BUT I want something that I can race once I learn the car.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
"You are better of with a Pro kit if you are really serious about racing... Any of the leading brands out there would be great such as the Serpent 720 '07 version, Kyosho V-One RRR Evo WCE, Team Magic G4S, Mugen MTX-4R, X-ray NT1. The big question now is how much are you willing to invest..."

I'm looking to guy a kit car. I would never buy an RTR because to make it race ready cost more then the kit.

I'm willing to spend up 5 or 600.00. BUT I want something that I can race once I learn the car.
at the moment raceday hobbies has the G4S Kit for $375. this is the best way to go, and it comes with a free ED trans worth $125. It has the UFO clutch which the Mongoose doesnt have, plus better weight distribution and steering components. this is the way to go if you want to race the car. all the G4+ parts fit the car, and minor differences in the clutch to the G4+.
hope this helps you make the decision easier
Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Ditto to what Patto said
And we have the best online support too in teh G4S thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.