Wiki Posts
Search

2007 On Road Fuel Sedan Nationals..Porter, TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Nationals T-Shirts

The T-shirts are here and up forsale or reserve yours today. The cost is $20 and either call Mikes Hobby Shop at 281-577-8250 or email them at [email protected]

Old 10-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Are you guys racing lately. How is the tire wear? Hope things are good for the nats. Almost time for the race.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is ROAR honestly that crazy? $70, and you don't get a free t-shirt with the entry? I can't remember the last real race that I attended where they didn't come free for around half that entry price.

I know you don't have to buy it, and you don't have to rent a table but $120 bucks is gettin expensive before you count expendable items.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My guess is that Roar is not responsible for the shirts. Roar gets the $70 which pays the track and for the RMT, trophies etc. The $30 for the pit space and the $20 for the shirt goes to the track. That is assuming it is the raceway that is doing the shirts. These types of things are byproducts of the RMT. Less money for the host track causes the tracks to look for other ways to make money on the race. I can say that Roar does regulate the cost of the pit space. I still like the RMT. RC racing is expensive, and the Nats is not going to be the place for budget racing. Gulf Coast is a good track. You'll have fun... as long as it doesn't rain.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Is ROAR honestly that crazy? $70, and you don't get a free t-shirt with the entry? I can't remember the last real race that I attended where they didn't come free for around half that entry price.

I know you don't have to buy it, and you don't have to rent a table but $120 bucks is gettin expensive before you count expendable items.
The best thing about it is, you get a chance to be a National Champion. What's that worth to you?

Mark
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

I just can't remember paying more than $45-55 for 2005 fuel offroad nationals in harlingen and we got shirts and an indoor table (in a hot building, but still)

really though whatever, $100 or $1000 is about the same to me so I'm going to stop mentioning cost all together because everyone online believes it is fair. I'm just trying to point out part of the reason why there are fewer and fewer racers around. A number of locals are not attending this race because of the level of the pros, costs and time but they will keep club racing with the 8 or so of us after the race.

I'm a bit new to nitro onroad but I've been racing for over 15 years, but last I checked in the offroad scene the pro series final was more prestigious but ROAR is certainly up there.. Even though I have no real chance at the title itself and I'm really just going to the race for entertainment but you're right, the national title is a big bonus for the guys paying for their own way for sure.

On a different note, traction is great, tire wear is low enough to run 37/40's for 15-20 minutes but you will probably run 40/42's and the facility looks great with new tv's to show current races and an expanded snack bar menu.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
My guess is that Roar is not responsible for the shirts. Roar gets the $70 which pays the track and for the RMT, trophies etc. The $30 for the pit space and the $20 for the shirt goes to the track. That is assuming it is the raceway that is doing the shirts. These types of things are byproducts of the RMT. Less money for the host track causes the tracks to look for other ways to make money on the race. I can say that Roar does regulate the cost of the pit space. I still like the RMT. RC racing is expensive, and the Nats is not going to be the place for budget racing. Gulf Coast is a good track. You'll have fun... as long as it doesn't rain.
Scott don't be talkin about the 4 letter weather bug we have been getting enough rain in Fla
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
I just can't remember paying more than $45-55 for 2005 fuel offroad nationals in harlingen and we got shirts and an indoor table (in a hot building, but still)

really though whatever, $100 or $1000 is about the same to me so I'm going to stop mentioning cost all together because everyone online believes it is fair. I'm just trying to point out part of the reason why there are fewer and fewer racers around. A number of locals are not attending this race because of the level of the pros, costs and time but they will keep club racing with the 8 or so of us after the race.

I'm a bit new to nitro onroad but I've been racing for over 15 years, but last I checked in the offroad scene the pro series final was more prestigious but ROAR is certainly up there.. Even though I have no real chance at the title itself and I'm really just going to the race for entertainment but you're right, the national title is a big bonus for the guys paying for their own way for sure.

On a different note, traction is great, tire wear is low enough to run 37/40's for 15-20 minutes but you will probably run 40/42's and the facility looks great with new tv's to show current races and an expanded snack bar menu.

I know a series race was on this past weekend and tire wear was kind of high. Around 3mm in sedan in 7 minutes run (fastest sedan drivers at the track in the qualifiers) This is what i was told. Any additional info? It's not about talking bad about the track, but try to be prepare and know what to expect at the Nats.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

3mm thats a hell of alot, forget the four letter word; 3mm is now the forbidden word. LOL ...No matter what I'm still going see everyone there
Old 10-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mike jones
3mm thats a hell of alot, forget the four letter word; 3mm is now the forbidden word. LOL ...No matter what I'm still going see everyone there
Wow, 3mm in sedan in 7 minutes. See you there also. Can not wait.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by miker2209
I know a series race was on this past weekend and tire wear was kind of high. Around 3mm in sedan in 7 minutes run (fastest sedan drivers at the track in the qualifiers) This is what i was told. Any additional info? It's not about talking bad about the track, but try to be prepare and know what to expect at the Nats.
The wear isn't that high unless you're running 37's. most people end up with 42 and 45's at the big races at this track with all of us wishing they had a 50 shore tire easily available. the new sealer seems like it may allow the use of 40 or 42's even for the mains.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

tire wear this weekend was not high at all.LESS THEN 1MM IN 5 MIN.With 42's
on the front and 40's on the rear.....and as far as the cost goes...I think that Mike and Carroll deserve every bit that they can get because they spend a lot of money on this place so we can run here and us local guys do nothing
but talk SH*T all the time about this and about that

MIKE
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDunphy
tire wear this weekend was not high at all.LESS THEN 1MM IN 5 MIN.With 42's
on the front and 40's on the rear.....and as far as the cost goes...I think that Mike and Carroll deserve every bit that they can get because they spend a lot of money on this place so we can run here and us local guys do nothing
but talk SH*T all the time about this and about that

MIKE
I agree. Another reason why people leave the hobby is because of the BS and complaining that goes on. If you don't like the price don't race. The rest of us will enjoy the racing and the people that want to be there, without all of the other issues.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
The best thing about it is, you get a chance to be a National Champion. What's that worth to you?

Mark
I guess he must very smart as old as he is........ i could use another nationals trophy.....METHANE
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

We had are south west series race in houston this past weekend, and yes tire wear was a little higher than normal, but when their is alot of people running on it, more rubber gets put down and the tire wear gets less and less, i dont think it will be a big issue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.