R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-03-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to tdragon
Default clutch

hey i have an hpi rs4 rtr 3 i have about half a gal through the motor. the prog im having is its acting like is has reverse when i let off the throttle .could it be the clutch going or what cause when i go to turn it goes in to donuts. ne help would be great
tdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

i'm not to sure what you mean by it acts like its going into reverse. since there is no reverse i'm not sure how you mean. but the donut part i might be able to help. does it lock up on you when you turn and it wont resond to any commands from the radio? If so, check to make sure you have fresh batteries in both the reciver and transmitter. if your radio is like mine you have a battery scale the goes from green to red, but this only teels you the strngth of the bateeries in the transmitter. also check to make sure the crystal inside the reciever and transmitter are not loose.

this happened to me but the car would also go to full throttle with no input from me. so what i did was change the batteries and the frequency.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:06 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Check your front dog bone. I could be you are running two wheel drive. Pick the car up a give it a little throttle, make sure all four wheels are turning.
nitro dipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Tech Initiate
Send a message via AIM to tdragon
Default thanks

thank you both for your i deas. i found out what it was i overlooked it when i looked the first time the prob was one of the set screws in my tranny that contorls the front dogbone came out. thanks again for the advise
tdragon is offline   Reply With Quote