Iraq

Old 08-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

I truly hope that our racing bro will be safe and come home safe. I do not wish any mal feelings to anyone that was called by our country to do his or her part. I too have family and students that are serving. My big wish is for all of our brothers and sisters in arms to come home safely.

Just my .02 cents.

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-02-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leodis
Stefan,

Why am I not surprised that you're from Germany? While most of the world was trying to isolate Iraq, German firms were helping Saddam build bunkers. Mit Freunden wie die Deutschen, wer braucht Feinden?
You mean before or after the US supplied Saddam with weapons and trained his army for his war with Iran.

You should try to use your brain before you open your mouth!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EDIT THIS..... NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BASH MY COUNTRY.
First, you are in no position to give me a chance to do anything.

Secondly, it's people like you and attitudes like yours that made it possible for G.W.to do what he has been doing with your country the last few years.

"Don't think, just do what you've been told!"

If you took the time and read my post completely then you would've understood that I didn't bash the soldier here (whom I personally know) but your wonderfull Mr. President.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Do you guys in us belive really that usa army is in iraq to 'protect' someones freedom?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
You mean before or after the US supplied Saddam with weapons and trained his army for his war with Iran.
That was almost 20 years after the U.S. supported Saddam in his war against Iran because the U.S. saw his regime as the lesser of two evils in light of the fact that Iran (islamofascism) had declared war on western civilization by taking 52 U.S. citizens hostage for 444 days, but I'm sure you already knew that.

You should try to use your brain before you open your mouth!
You should talk. You're trying to take the easy way out by blaming everything on Bush when it's more complex than that. The U.N.'s attempts to isolate Iraq didn't work because countries like Germany and France were doing business with Saddam long after the sanctions and trade embargo were put in place. And for the record, Saddam deserved to be ousted just for the fact that Iraq was firing missiles at U.N./U.S. planes in the no fly zone on a regular basis during the years between the two persian gulf wars.

So before you start pointing fingers, take a look at what your country has done to create this war in the first place. Bush has done a bad job of managing the war and he made the huge mistake of assuming that all people would choose to live in a democratic society if they're given the choice and that's clearly not the case in the middle east. Regardless, Americans will still be kicking ass and taking names in the middle east long after Bush leaves office while western Europe will continue to bury its head in the sand and let islamofascism take over its countries from within.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Stefan YGPM
Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Holy cow this is some scary stuff ! I am not one for curbing anyone's "freedoms" or anything but surely it should occur to the Moderators that RCTech caters for people from everywhere ..not just the US. To try and have a discussion like this on a site with such a diversity of users is to create a barn fight. Please ...please can we put personal feelings and opinions aside, wish people the best of luck and move on to forums that discuss RC related matters?!?!? Unless RC cars are being blown up , or held for ransom ..I reckon we keep this type of discussion off the site ...

Just my 2cents ...
Old 08-03-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Holy cow this is some scary stuff ! I am not one for curbing anyone's "freedoms" or anything but surely it should occur to the Moderators that RCTech caters for people from everywhere ..not just the US. To try and have a discussion like this on a site with such a diversity of users is to create a barn fight. Please ...please can we put personal feelings and opinions aside, wish people the best of luck and move on to forums that discuss RC related matters?!?!? Unless RC cars are being blown up , or held for ransom ..I reckon we keep this type of discussion off the site ...

Just my 2cents ...
i saw the very first post on this thread when it was first posted, i knew that what was said was rather an innocent way of saying out loud, i hope our friend stays safe and returns.
thats all that was said, and thats all that needed to be said. i agree this has turned rather sour very quickly. some things just dont need to be on this forum, and im sorry to say this is one of them. no disregard to anyones families or friends, but in war, everyone suffers on both sides. so no need to make others suffer on this wonderfull forum.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:14 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by deepfree_z
Do you guys in us belive really that usa army is in iraq to 'protect' someones freedom?
Oil is the keyword here....

Originally Posted by Leodis
while western Europe will continue to bury its head in the sand and let islamofascism take over its countries from within.
Delicate subject....

Do you think we here in Europe like what is happening?....

Originally Posted by johnypiston
To try and have a discussion like this on a site with such a diversity of users is to create a barn fight. Please ...please can we put personal feelings and opinions aside
No, I really like to read opinions from people all over the world...
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stay safe Chay,

From a proud veteran.

Just remember everyone, these are just people's opinions and nothing more. I am a proud veteran and it doesn't bother me in the least to read people's opinions on here and i'm sure most troops serving right now would feel the same way. They are serving their country because they love the USA, not for some guy in germany that wants to talk trash about our president. I mean seriously, do we even need to bring up german history? (oh, and I am 90% german!)

So, put the politics aside, Everyone, and keep all those serving in your hearts and prayers.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Irag

Originally Posted by JetMD
Stay safe Chay,

From a proud veteran.

Just remember everyone, these are just people's opinions and nothing more. I am a proud veteran and it doesn't bother me in the least to read people's opinions on here and i'm sure most troops serving right now would feel the same way. They are serving their country because they love the USA, not for some guy in germany that wants to talk trash about our president. I mean seriously, do we even need to bring up german history? (oh, and I am 90% german!)

So, put the politics aside, Everyone, and keep all those serving in your hearts and prayers.
Very well said
This is all that needed to be said in the post above. Whether you aggree with the war or not, just pray they all come home safe.
Hopefully this forum will continue to be about RC related issuses, and not some ones personal "soap box"
Old 08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan
First, you are in no position to give me a chance to do anything.

Secondly, it's people like you and attitudes like yours that made it possible for G.W.to do what he has been doing with your country the last few years.

"Don't think, just do what you've been told!"

If you took the time and read my post completely then you would've understood that I didn't bash the soldier here (whom I personally know) but your wonderfull Mr. President.
You are right I am no position to make you do anything, it is about two thousand miles give or take a thousand miles of separation if you really have something against the President then do something about it. you are close to DC. send him a letter, fax or join Cindy Shehan for all I care. you are making this forum a platform for your political views. it would have been nice if you were well inform but you are not, that could have been good reading even if if it just a rhetorical hysteria. you are right do not edit your post so I can enjoy the feedback coming at you. good ones were posted already, learn from it.... word of the wise..... read and learn what your enemy knows, habits, get in their mind.... you will either join them or you will learn how to beat them. so far Western europe has not learn a damn thing...I hope the rest of America get it soon otherwise Europe will not have America to call on for help.

Last edited by RCRjuanabbe; 08-03-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

I do have a FYI on RC's in the war zone. There are Two major RC companies whose cars/trucks are in the combat zone.

Secondly, I would like our bros from outside of the US to understand that we also have the same feelings for what is happening in the middle east and South West Asia.

For the record the electoral congress elects a president. The population gets the popular vote, which doesn't count. Each state has equal members to that congress no matter how many people populate it!

The US is a unique country that is lucky to have the constitution and the Bill of Rights that insures what we can do and say in a peaceful manor. We are a country that is also unique to have an all volunteer military. Those guys that are over there want to serve, and were sent by orders to go over there to do their job. I personally don't believe that there are any of us that want to go over to another country and take over voluntarily.

We do have the luxury to debate and speak our minds here (US) 1st amendment without worrying about retribution. My wish and others in this forum is that we may keep this discussion about the safe keeping of our mutual RC bro and others; with their speedy and safe return.

My .04 cents
Old 08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
The US is a unique country that is lucky to have the constitution and the Bill of Rights that insures what we can do and say in a peaceful manor.
And if you don't like what somebody told you, you just shoot him with the gun you bought at the grossary store......

We are a country that is also unique to have an all volunteer military.

That's not really unique.....

But just keep on believing there is no other country in the world but the US.....
Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

hey guys i believe red5 started this thread to wish his friend and fellow racer Chay Blount a safe return, Good luck Chay Blount and get home safe!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.