Wiki Posts
Search

EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Razor

Being as this is a "new" company, how soon will parts be ready for sale to the public.
So many of the Razor parts will fit the XR-8, and I would like to purchase some items.

thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Being as this is a "new" company, how soon will parts be ready for sale to the public.
So many of the Razor parts will fit the XR-8, and I would like to purchase some items.
The Razor is the XR8. Im sure all the parts will just bolt right up. These parts that your seeing were probably put on the back burner for the XR8 upgrades after Yusa went bankrupt.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Hanging out @ the LHS they were talking about this new car & the price to the store was doubled the cost of the XR8 which will price itself out of the market
Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Hanging out @ the LHS they were talking about this new car & the price to the store was doubled the cost of the XR8 which will price itself out of the market
That would be a bad thing for them. The advantage this car has/had was its affordability. If they price it within a close range, say $75US, of the big 3 (Mugen/Serpent/Kyosho) it will collect dust on LHS shelves. For this thing to move, it has to be a value.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

What are they trying to do by doubling up the price . This " Razor " car is just a rebadge of the XR8. Sure, they added some parts ( which i'm sure that they are compatable with the XR8 ). Add some holes here and there to make it look nice, change the chassis by adding afew air vents here and there for cooling down the motor, put the logo on the molds to distingush what a " Razor " part is even though it will still fit on the XR8, etc,etc,etc. I like how they designed the XR8 in the beginning. By taking parts off the serpent 950, Mugen MRX-3, and the kyosho Evolva and remolding the parts calling it " THIER DESIGN ". That was funny. You better off buying a mugen MRX-4R or another proven 1/8th on-road car.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

You better off with a kyosho Evolva car if you don't have one already. Im assuming you have one based on your avitar GMartinez .
Old 07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=brc358;3521574]Being as this is a "new" company, how soon will parts be ready for sale to the public.
Razor is ready to sale,and find out importor in your market.
Actually,if you still fit some parts in XR-8,it will be have incompatible problems at screw holes and revised some designs,in order to improve performance and good handling.

thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zac Project
The Razor is the XR8. Im sure all the parts will just bolt right up. These parts that your seeing were probably put on the back burner for the XR8 upgrades after Yusa went bankrupt.
Hi Zac Project,
If you still feel Razor is XR-8,that is your personal things,but I just provided one kind of car kit for player to choose.
I'm a racer too,so I know racer what's need.actually the RAZOR is pretty close to competition than XR-8.

thanks

Last edited by max_chen; 07-26-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: add some posts
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Razor

I have the XR-8 myself, plus the 2005 Evolva, and I actually drive the XR-8 more than the Evolva.
With the right set up, it is a very competitive car.This is why I have such an inventory of parts for the XR-8, because I use it so much. When I first started driving it, I fought with the set-up for quite a long time, but now it is really dialed in, and I really enjoy it.
I would like to know what has changed in the design though.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

You better off with a kyosho Evolva car if you don't have one already. Im assuming you have one based on your avitar GMartinez .
Not at the moment it's been out of stock for a while & Im just thinking of getting back into 1/8th
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by max_chen
Hi Zac Project,
If you still feel Razor is XR-8,that is your personal things,but I just provided one kind of car kit for player to choose.
I'm a racer too,so I know racer what's need.actually the RAZOR is pretty close to competition than XR-8.

thanks
No problem. I myself a racer also. There's only one thing that racers want, a car that is proven and tested with actual results. Not a car about how well it does on paper or any messege board of what the actual designer says. You have to prove to the customer that your car is worthy to have. Just because you are here posting photos and up-grades for us to see, that does not prove to me that your car is competative than other cars in the market. I think that you are doing a great thing Max, but make sure that you have your bases covered this time. Yusa was a company that showed alot of innovation, but they lacked the support of products to thier customers by providing unfaulty starter systems, RTR kits that had bad radio systems, poor quality control, the list goes on and on. This was probaby just one of the many factors as to why yusa went out of business. I would think that most XR8 users use the car because of great support by other experienced XR8 users, hobbyshops that cared for thier customers, and support by the technicians that use to work for power racing products. Goodluck to you and your new company Max. Just don't tell any distributor in the world to drop thier top selling 1/8th scale on-road car ( Mugen or Kyosho ) for something that hasn't been proven. I remember a conversation that a major distributor ( asia market ) lost alot of money because of untruthful facts about the car you designed originally. Goodluck Max
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

No problem. I myself a racer also. There's only one thing that racers want, a car that is proven and tested with actual results. Not a car about how well it does on paper or any messege board of what the actual designer says. You have to prove to the customer that your car is worthy to have. Just because you are here posting photos and up-grades for us to see, that does not prove to me that your car is competative than other cars in the market. I think that you are doing a great thing Max, but make sure that you have your bases covered this time. Yusa was a company that showed alot of innovation, but they lacked the support of products to thier customers by providing unfaulty starter systems, RTR kits that had bad radio systems, poor quality control, the list goes on and on. This was probaby just one of the many factors as to why yusa went out of business. I would think that most XR8 users use the car because of great support by other experienced XR8 users, hobbyshops that cared for thier customers, and support by the technicians that use to work for power racing products. Goodluck to you and your new company Max. Just don't tell any distributor in the world to drop thier top selling 1/8th scale on-road car ( Mugen or Kyosho ) for something that hasn't been proven. I remember a conversation that a major distributor ( asia market ) lost alot of money because of untruthful facts about the car you designed originally. Goodluck Max
thanks for your respondence
One more time to say,the RAZOR is ready to sale,not just only phototype and pictures,also this way wasn't good impression for promo it,but it's first hand news.
My company RTR car is used FUTABA system,so you don't worry the radio system and all car parts quality,my company is responsibility for your market's player.
Your posted:untruthful facts about the car you designed originally,true is true,if your friend tell you about bad real storys,I don't blame them,join everybady is my fun.Goodluck friend.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Not at the moment it's been out of stock for a while & Im just thinking of getting back into 1/8th
We come back now,join us my friend.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

max_chen, Since EDAM took over Yusa, will EDAM also continue to serve previously Yusa's dealers? If EDAM has new dealership identified in Asia do let me know soonest as I am an inch away from junking the XR-8

No wonder I was having a hard time trying to get parts for the XR-8 lately
Old 07-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by devious17
max_chen, Since EDAM took over Yusa, will EDAM also continue to serve previously Yusa's dealers? If EDAM has new dealership identified in Asia do let me know soonest as I am an inch away from junking the XR-8

No wonder I was having a hard time trying to get parts for the XR-8 lately
Maybe some parts can fit XR-8,but you will be consider part to part of smooth action problem,we suggest you don't mix XR-8 together.
We don't take over YUSA model,but if YUSA model dealers have interested in RAZOR,we will be accept them.
Hi Devious,Could you tell me where do you live?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.