R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default NTC3 questions

Hi im not very keen on different crankshaft types, and what clutchbell/clutch would work with my ntc3, it's a team kit. I would really like to use my trx 2.5 motor with it. It's rear exhaust, and has been ported by a friend, also has a pullstart backplate. And the car has the throttle linkage setup for slidecarb. The shaft seems to short, and the clutchbell supplied by associated(2speed threaded) is a little to long for the IPS shaft,(is what traxxas calls it, i think its os type) so now the clutchbell rides on the top of the shoes, and i cant get it to work. Also i purchased a nonpullstart AE flywheel, clutch springs, and shoes to see if that would do anything, nope. But yeah, i need to find a clutchbell and bearing solution to make it work with my car. I really dont want a new engine, but if i have too ill go with a os max 18tz as recommended by someone else in another post. Thanks for looking, and post up and recommendations or info that would help.

SeanZ0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Tech Adept
Default ntc3 ??

Hey Sean, My experience with trx 2.5 has not been the best. My son and I both had the 4tex, fast car but after awhile the engine would get tempermental when you run it for more than ten minutes or more. We would get frustrated during the races, had to let it cool then repeat the the whole process over again. I would cut my loses and invest in a good engine. The one question that i have is, are you planning to race your tc3 or just run it.
The reason I ask is that at most races isn't there a size limit one can run in sedans? I used a RB one and Nova Rossi Top in the other, Plenty of power with the Top. The RB not quite as strong but reliable. Sorry I don't have an answer with the cluch.

Nitro Duck
nitro duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Just for fun, that is. But it's cool i think i got a solution to my problems, i have to get this adapter to make the sg shaft longer, which will allow the length i need to run 2speed clutch bell. Thanks for your info on the engines.
SeanZ0r is offline   Reply With Quote