Ashford Hobby

Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ashford Hobby

I read a bunch of different post on all kinds of threads about where to buy parts and kits on-line. Well the place that I would recomend with out a doubt would be Ashford Hobby. Robert the owner Ashford is second to none. The service he has given me has been unbelievable.

I have been having issues between my bank and debit credit card not working and Robert has done all he can to try and help me work this out. He has shown more patients than any lhs would ever. I have always been a proponet for shopping at your lhs since most are the reason that you have a local track to race on which ours here is. But when your lhs is unable to get the parts you need and you have to buy online Ashford Hobby is the only place I will do buisness.

He stocks almost every part for pretty much all mugen, serpent, kyosho and delta on road cars made. The best part if you ask him about a part the guy can rattle the part number off ther top of his head. His websites ecomerence shows live in stock status so you never have to worry if your part that you order is in stock or not when you order. He accepts all forms of payment so you have many options. The best part is when you call Robert he is the one you talk to. I called him tonight at 9:00 pm my time 10 his and he answered and was happy to talk and try and help me sort things out. I don't think he really would want people calling at all hours but it just goes to show what kind of guy he is.

The reason I am making this post is because I know that people are always looking for on-road parts and great prices. I figured with him helping me out that I would try to help him out by spreading the word about his website.

One last thing is that his shipping rates are actual prices not some inflated price to make up for what was discounted on the parts. That and when you order you always have the parts at your door step fast. No waiting around.

The only thing he won't do is international sales as he told me was not cost effective due to some of the different internet ecomerence scams that take place on the internet.

http://www.ashfordhobby.com

Thannks Jamee
Old 07-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Robert kicks tail!!

I have him on speed dial at home and on the cell.... #8... right next to the pizza guy!

I would recommed no one else in the states to do business with.... no one!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Ashford (Robert) is on most of our speed dials!! He knows his stuff!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yep, Robert has the place to shop. The service to emmulate. Online stock to show you what's up. Timely shipping. The way online sale should be.

Brian-Slapmaster Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Fo Sho
Old 07-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Huskerfreak for starting this thread. There are a lot of good options to buy gear out in the market place. Robert just happens to be the best. I know many of us are still in this hobby today because of Robert. He has always understood the high frustration levels that newbie's can reach with nitro cars and takes his time to help that person with their problems. The type of service that Robert gives is the exception not the rule these days. Thanks Robert, and keep up the great work.

John
Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

i would also recommend Ashford Hobby (Robert)...he's had part's i couldn't find elsewhere and is very good at comunicating w/you...he's 1 of my top 2...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I also want to give Robert his props. If it was not for him I would not be racing on road. Much thanks ROBERT.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

As a fan of supporting your local hobby shop (CWhits you guys are the best) I will say I have ordered items from Robert and have nothing but praise for his professionalism and helpfulness. Keep up the great work.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Ditto.....with all the good things said. THANKS Robert
Old 07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Holy Cow 10 posts and nothing negative - probably a record!!! Robert is definitely one of the good guys, he went above the call of duty to find me some ceramic rear bearings last month. Also he quietly works behind the scenes helping the hobby on the ROAR gas committee.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

What about supporting your LHS and track
Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

What about supporting your LHS and track

I believe in that too.....when your LHS and track carry the parts that you need!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've also ordered from Robert and he was great. Got some hard to find stuff for me (a couple times!) and was fast in finding it. Plus, reasonable prices. Ashford Hobby is one of the best for sure.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Definitely one of the best online shops out there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.