Wiki Posts
Search

Jaco 2 Stage Nitro shoes

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Jaco 2 Stage Nitro shoes

Hi,

Has some one experience with Jaco 2 stage's. What is the difference with the Normal Nitro shoes. I look at the web site from jaco but couldnt understand very well.

thnx
Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi,

Has some one experience with Jaco 2 stage's. What is the difference with the Normal Nitro shoes. I look at the web site from jaco but couldnt understand very well.

thnx
i used them on sedan. it has a very soft foam on the rim then the regular foam on top. it does create mor traction but in my opinion you have to run a little taller tire because they will wear out faster
Old 07-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by new3
i used them on sedan. it has a very soft foam on the rim then the regular foam on top. it does create mor traction but in my opinion you have to run a little taller tire because they will wear out faster
I Thing in the last part of the race (long final such as 45 min, 1 hour) you have better grip but faster tire wear, because you were in the softer part that tire. I understand , of the begining you have hard tires and after the hard parts is weared you will drive in the softer part. am I right?

thnx
Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

You cannot run on the inner foam. It's there to make the tire lighter and have less sidewall flex.

They are very good for qualifying. But less so for longer runs as they are prone to chunking.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius
You cannot run on the inner foam. It's there to make the tire lighter and have less sidewall flex.

They are very good for qualifying. But less so for longer runs as they are prone to chunking.
Hi Julius,

Did you mean, I cant run the 2stages in long finals? What is the dead point for this tires tire. Till which diameter is the tire hard!For example can you tell me under 56 mm is the tire soft and it is not posible to drive.

thnx
Old 07-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Julius,

Did you mean, I cant run the 2stages in long finals? What is the dead point for this tires tire. Till which diameter is the tire hard!For example can you tell me under 56 mm is the tire soft and it is not posible to drive.

thnx
when you run out of regular racing foam the tires are done
Old 07-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Hi Julius,

thnx
I don't know the exact diameters but 56mm sounds about right. Actually the inner foam is not soft but quite stiff. It is an entirely different type of foam, much coarser and less dense. not suitable for driving.

Again, in my opinion a good choice for qualifiers, as the car really is hooked up with these things! I normally take out some rear toe to free up the car a bit! For longer runs, they are tricky and it all depends on the track if they are usable.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius
I don't know the exact diameters but 56mm sounds about right. Actually the inner foam is not soft but quite stiff. It is an entirely different type of foam, much coarser and less dense. not suitable for driving.

Again, in my opinion a good choice for qualifiers, as the car really is hooked up with these things! I normally take out some rear toe to free up the car a bit! For longer runs, they are tricky and it all depends on the track if they are usable.
ok, thnx I understood.