Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest .12 roar legal motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Mod Engines

Originally posted by JABRONI
Has anyone ever had A$$dragger bring any constructive discussion. Seems like everytime I get on the forums and see whats going on, he's got his mouth involved in some controversy !!

With 1900 + posts on this forum, the dude needs to get a life !!!
I take it you consider your post constructive?

My intent was to be constructive - there are many people that take what they read on the boards as fact. I just had to have a richey because I had seen so many posts about how it was so incomparable to any other engine. I normally try to post from my own personal experience. There is no controversy here as I am only claiming to report my personal experience.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Mod Engines

Originally posted by JABRONI
With 1900 + posts on this forum, the dude needs to get a life !!!
Hmm, some of us JABRONI enjoy helping others in the hobby. Helping others is what makes this hobby grow. And to put your rediculous reply into the ground...1920 posts over the course of 16 months is not a high number of posts when you divide those 1920 by 16 and divide that total by 30 days. It equates to about 4 posts per day.

As for the other side of the coin, I see that you are extremely active in helping ppl on these boards. You can be constructive and not flame people you don't know and people that are obviously trying much harder to help others than you are within the realms of R/C Tech.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

thank you! RedScorp for the backup. It's good to know some people still remember this is supposed to be a fun hobby. (I need to pinch myself every so often as well).

Again - if it matters, I mean no disrespect to richey or to anyone else....

Last edited by patelladragger; 05-03-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by patelladragger
thank you! RedScorp for the backup. It's good to know some people still remember this is supposed to be a fun hobby. (I need to pinch myself every so often as well).

Again - if it matters, I mean no disrespect to richey or to anyone else....
Old 05-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Default I STAND CORRECTED!!!!!!!!

Mr. D. Richey I do stand corrected on the powerplants used at the RCRCNT series race! I talked to Scott Rister, who TQ'd and blew everyone away. He's a cool guy but I never talked to him during the weekend cause I had my own issues. He said he was running Richey power along with Al and Rountree. He said he picked up a new richey in vegas.

I saw his car, his qualifying time would've put him at the top of the B main in 1/8 scale adn would've beat all but 1 of the 235's...this on a huge track. He said he did have tuning issues and richey's are sensitive to carb setttings but he put it to good use obviously. He's a helluva driver too.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by moshmxpx
LOL, what engine won the 1/8 off-road worlds?

as far as .12's go, the OS 12-TR is an awesome engine. on a short track it will handle any nova engine. it just doesn't have the top-end. Maybe you should check one out on a track that is tuned properly.
True, but that engine is as different from the ones that are sitting at the LHS, as chalk and cheese. Even the O'Donnell head is a right PITA to get. I agree with the TR observation, though. On a tight track it can hang with the Italian stallions, but on a more open course, esp. with a long straight, the Italian mills will walk 'em.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Patella and Dennis

Patella, you are correct. To be honest with you 3 of the top 4 a-main winners I believed had Richey power.......And damn, I want one!!!!!! I'm very good friends of Scott Rister, Al Guerra and Chris Roundtree......although these guys are great drivers, they did stand out in certain areas of the track. I agree the track was BIG and at times thought it might be too much for the .12 class.

Mr. Richey, your motors did well here in San Antonio, and you have many fans of your motors but trying to get them is a difficult task. I wish you the best and Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon......Take care.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rumor:

Dennis was seen running a prototype PRODUCTION motor (stay tuned folks your gonna like this one) this weekend and as crappy as he drives (LOL) he put it in the A main at Cincinatti's club race this weekend. Was running second when his 2 speed quit at 23 minutes, He was one lap off the leader who was driving a better line with a TC3 with a Modified Serio.

TQ was a NTC3 with a Richey Mugen, His drivetrain failed and he fellout at 15 minutes in the A.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trying to get them is a difficult task.
This may not be a problem for very long. Thats all I can say.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Motorman
Rumor:

Dennis was seen running a prototype PRODUCTION motor ...
That's a very interesting rumour and bodes well for availability. Hope you cut a great licensing deal!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Old Skool
True, but that engine is as different from the ones that are sitting at the LHS, as chalk and cheese. Even the O'Donnell head is a right PITA to get. I agree with the TR observation, though. On a tight track it can hang with the Italian stallions, but on a more open course, esp. with a long straight, the Italian mills will walk 'em.

old school..how long of a straight is the TR at a disadvantage....

I ran 5 port RB on a 200 ft straight this weekend..and had more power than I needed...i would have traded that for an engine that difdn't flame out 15 min into a main...or had a little more squirt on the infield..(I had 6 tooth split,21/27)..think the tr can pull that?.....(tc3,of course)...

and speaking of TR's...has anyone popped teh Sirio piston on this motor,and would that be legal?...

Last edited by fastharry™; 05-05-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
On the other hand it was stated that the RTU is not as much of a standout as it was two yearts ago. This is an accurate statement as production motors are beginning to catch up and equalize things. This is good as my origional mission is almost complete, most of you don't understand the origional intent of the RTU and never will. It was created to flatten the field and push the manufacturers to turn loose the 3 port technology. IT DID EXACTLY THAT!

Dennis
Yeah even after almost 2 years my worn out RTU still hauls ass and runs with those JP RS12 S3s.

I hope those "production" motors pan out since my RTU is looking pretty shabby
Old 05-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Motorman:

Just reassembled my 2+ year-old RTO...I've been using that carb on other engines (MT-12's, Picco 7-port), but since I am going back to on-road after off-road racing all winter I need a 3-port engine to run. When I push the piston through the sleeve there's still like .75mm space left to go before the top of the piston is flush with the sleeve. Still good, no? Other than some very slight surface rust on the crankshaft (easily removed), it looks good. I'll be running 30%, two shims and which plug again? Thanks!
Old 05-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi All,

Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread, but I am wondering will a RB 5 port P&S fits into a Nova RS12s1?
Old 05-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by laro
people with 0.S. engines should'nt even be allowed to post on any engine forum. there Dogs.
What about those people that can't afford a nice Mod. Motor? or those who choose not to? I myself can't afford any of the motors talked about here and i was happy with my .15 CVRX. and i know a lot of other people that are to. That was THE most narrow minded post i've seen yet on this board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.