team magic? serpent?mugen?kyosho?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

team magic? serpent?mugen?kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default team magic? serpent?mugen?kyosho?

hi i was wondering what would be a good step up from a kyosho fw05t+ i am doing really good in it and its a good car but i need to get something that is a quicker because im getting alot better so what should be a good car for me
thankz
Old 07-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Car upgrade

Hey, there are a lot of different opinions on what car to go with next. There are a lot of awesome cars out there, it really comes down to what is most popular at your track, and how good spare parts backup is for them. Personally, i race an Xray NT1 with a Max Power LS3 Engine. The best Car/Engine combo i have ever owned. Based on my experiances i have found the Xray to be better than the Kyosho VoneRRR Evo WC. Its really up to you!!

Cheers
Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

G4s
kyosho RRR
serpent
mugen mtx4R

these cars are good. pic one
im thinking you run kyosho now,you may want to stay with that.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

how much is it for a xray and how much did it cost you to buy the engine
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

it's good to use what's popular at your track as you can get lot's of tip's and set-up help...and then there would also be good availabilty of part's..IMO
Old 07-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driftkingz
how much is it for a xray and how much did it cost you to buy the engine
NT1 will run you about $400. The Max Power about $425 w/pipe at Brooklyn Hobbies.

My Knowledge Base site (http://www.nitrokb.com) has quite a bit of info on all the cars. That might help with your with your decision.

Ultimately, it's your setup, engine tuning and driving ability that will decide how well you do on the track. Each car listed above has the potential to cross the finish line first, but their design, durability, reliability and how easy they are to work on the pit table are not the same. Each car has it's pros and cons.

I suggest that you download the manual, setup guide and setup sheet for each car and read through them carefully. It will give you a better understanding of the differences between each car.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
NT1 will run you about $400. The Max Power about $425 w/pipe at Brooklyn Hobbies.

My Knowledge Base site (http://www.nitrokb.com) has quite a bit of info on all the cars. That might help with your with your decision.

Ultimately, it's your setup, engine tuning and driving ability that will decide how well you do on the track. Each car listed above has the potential to cross the finish line first, but their design, durability, reliability and how easy they are to work on the pit table are not the same. Each car has it's pros and cons.

I suggest that you download the manual, setup guide and setup sheet for each car and read through them carefully. It will give you a better understanding of the differences between each car.
As always, good advice!!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Are you happy with the kyosho you have been running, has it been reliable, if so then maybe you should stick with what you know or are use to, kyosho- (RRR WCE).
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeh i am heaps happy with the kyosho it has been reliable but i think that i am leaning towards the Team magic g4s
Old 07-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think that the g4s is a good car it has the new novarossi engine in it so it is going to be quick but i like the rrr and the serpent 720 but im not sure no how their reliablility is going to be
post if you have any of these cars and tell me howthey have been

thanks for the help
Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had the Mtx4 for a year and had vitually no problems with the car apart from driver problems!
With the standard setup the car is great to drive and is built quite strong which will take most racing "incidents" in it's stride, unless you hit a solid object of coarse
Don't know about the other cars as i haven't run them but mugen make a great car that you would be happy owning
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

honestly i would get either a mugen mtx4 or a kyosho rrr as these cars are supported the best at moorebank raceway (where i believe you race).
no one runs g4s or serpents and we only get one nt1.
the more people that run the same car as you means that if you break something and you don't have spares, you can always borrow one (or even buy one) from someone else.
i run a kyosho rrr and am very happy with it.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the help
Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

mugen is easier to work on and drive (to me anyways)
the RRR is a little more twitchy
but with all cars its setup

the nt1 well parts will kill you in cost.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Kyosho RRR
G4s
Mugen mtx4R
Serpent

These are all good cars, but at the end of the day you need to make a decision. I'm a kyosho fan from way back and I'll stand by them, quality made car that just keeps goin and goin without having to do much maintenance after every race meet!

At our track, no one races the serpents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.