R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Default Importance of Fresh Fuel and Shipping to Higher Elevation?

I recently bought 4 gallons of fuel that was drop shipped from the manufacture. When they arrived the seal had been compromised on 2 of the 4 gallons which made a bit of a mess. This was most likely due to the elevation change coming here to Colorado. The other 2 bottles are bulging quite a bit from the internal pressure.

The mess isn't a problem but how much will this effect the freshness of the fuel? I'm guessing not much as it came to me direct from the manufacture and the seal was probably compromised only a day or two prior to me receiving it. I could see it possibly being an issue if it sat on a shelf like that for a while though. Does anyone else run into this?
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Hey slam man, i know u! guess who i am.................. the fuel won't have any problems. most new shipment of fuel to htw have a few oily cases from over pressurization. fuel does'nt go bad as easily as most people would have u believe. i've run fuel 3 years old w/ no side effects. ps., my handle here is different then on tt.................... see u sun........ and watch out for freddi..... he's been hooked up!
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Haha Rev. Thanks.

What, did you set up Freddi's car for him? He said he drove your car and it was on rails. See ya Sunday brother.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The elevation change probably had less to do with the bottles bulging than the temperature change. The fuel is bottled and stored in a cool environment and during shipping who knows what temperatures it encounters?

I would not sweat it. It's no worse than leaving a half full gallon of fuel sitting for a few weeks.
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote