MT12 leaking

Old 04-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default MT12 leaking

I bought MT12 used and when I put after run oil inside it some oil is leaking on the front bearings. Is it suppose to be like that? The guy whom I bought it from told me that it wasnt leaking when he shippped it and I should run it and see if the leak is still there. If that doesnt solve the problem I have to buy front bearings for it.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: MT12 leaking

Originally posted by penggoy
I bought MT12 used and when I put after run oil inside it some oil is leaking on the front bearings. Is it suppose to be like that? The guy whom I bought it from told me that it wasnt leaking when he shippped it and I should run it and see if the leak is still there. If that doesnt solve the problem I have to buy front bearings for it.
Sounds like your up for a new bearing but thats the problem with buying second hand usually works out better just to buy new in the long run.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

the after run oil coming out from the front bearing is normal mate so dont worry at all ive had new motors do this ! All it is the after run is over flown in your motor.just remember before you start it take the glow plug out then give it a few turns over with you starter box! and watch out for your eyes! then put the plug in fill ya tank then prime put the glow on then you should be away and going. Besides its a good thing any way atleast you know the after run is doing its job properly!

Jeremy.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

this is normal? coz Im thinking if after run oil is coming out then fuel will come out too and also this will be a source of air leak.

BTW whats the starting point of its needles when breaking it in? I saw in another thread that I should not touch the midrange adj ustment needle, right?
Old 04-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

set the bottom end 1 1/2 turns out the top set at flush then another full turn out, mid should be set flush with carby barrel. only touch mid if know what you are doing. i only touch the mid to fine tune to the tracks i run at.

jeremy
Old 04-27-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

acctually if FUEL is coming out of the bearing then you might need a new piston and sleeve because that is a symtom(spelling?) of a lloss of compression because when the piston trys to compress the fuel and air then some preasure leaks to the crankshaft, pushing oil and fuel out of the bearing