Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STS 5Port Leak!!!HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default STS 5Port Leak!!!HELP

i have a high speed needle leak on my sts carb.it leaks near the fitting where the nipple meets the carb.how can i stop this leak.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:29 PM
Nitro Tech

The leaking problem may caused by the loosen main-needle mount.Please try to screw it and see what it happen.

Regards,

Dino
Old 04-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: STS 5Port Leak!!!HELP

Originally posted by shortyboy
i have a high speed needle leak on my sts carb.it leaks near the fitting where the nipple meets the carb.how can i stop this leak.
I hope you didn't mess up the O-ring.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

its where the fuel goes,like where the nipple sits.not the carb itself.i've tried tightening it,sealing it with rtv silicone and i even tried an o-ring.the o-ring trick seems to work well but theres still some leakage.and im afraid this might cause some tunning problems.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Nitro Tech

Sorry,I didn't read your post carefully.So you mean it leaks from the border between carb. and crankcase?If so,I guess the lower o-ring was broken.There are two o-rings on the carb.'s bottom.You can get the o-ring set from CRC.

Don't screw the fixing nut too tight!It's only fix the carb. But it dosen't have ability to seal the fuel.If you screw it too tight,you may damage the carb.

If you still have leaking problem after any try,please mail me : [email protected]

Regards,

Dino Lee
Old 04-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

you know where the fuel tubing goes,that nipple,where you adjust the high speed neddle.that part is leaking,where the high speed needle and the carb body meets.will some type of silicone work?
Old 04-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

BTW,this engine is awsome,i can keep up with my friends jp .12 3 port!i just can't catch up to the rb 5s yet.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default rs5 leaking problem

hi,guys i just bought this engine n honestly the engine is superb but slight problem here.during break in i notice the fuel keep coming out from the plug area n i asume i did not tighten it but after tightening tje plug it still leak but not as bad as the begining.i have to increase the idle to keep the engine alive before i start to run in.i dont think other kind of engine have this problem.i'm keeping this engine coz it is damn fast when i start to lean during running in but the leakage is something that i have to overcom.
HOW?????????????
ANY IDEAS????????