Originally posted by FlyinMozart
Halo need some help from u guys.I juz bought a V-one-s and I want to change the orginal stock slicks tyres to sponge tyres. I need to find out wat tyre numbers should i use, how much for 2 pairs, does it comes together wif rims and where to get??
All depends on which surface you may run with your car.
Foams have advantages and such disadvantages.
- Consistent grip and handling all the life of the tyre.
- Longer duration and grip than a comparable rubber.
- Comes premounted and glued (so much less mess and glued fingers, sheeesh!).
- Cheaper than a comparable rubber set and less voodo with the rim and inserts stiffness.
- May score and chunk if you brush boards.
- If you're racing seriously, you may need a tyre truer to cut the wheels (if not, you can start as they come from the box and start to use it).
Regarding hardness is what I said, depends on your surface, but I bet for a set of 37/37 or 40/40 (front and rears).
I don't know (check on the appropiate thread) if your rear uprights can accept 30mm rear foams.