R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Ebay shopping disaster - NovaRossi question. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/16898-ebay-shopping-disaster-novarossi-question.html)

chachi 04-22-2003 04:41 PM

Ebay shopping disaster - NovaRossi question.

I purchased a NovaRossi S5 .12 from a guy off Ebay back in February. After a month of haggling, he finally admitted he didn't acutally have one, and his supplier couldn't get him one (sounds dodgy eh?). So, he offered to refund me some money and send an S3 instead. After another wait of 2 weeks, an engine finally showed up today in an unmarked box with no manual, and no money order refund. This, I suppose, is the price I pay for trying to get an engine at the cheapest possible cost.

Anyway, the engine does appear to be a Nova, but the crankcase has M12 on one side and Nova on the other. The head is purple, but does not have anything printed on it. What type of Nova engine is it?!?!?

compuatic 04-22-2003 04:46 PM

its a Mugen MT-12 Novarossi engine. Not sure how much you paid but its a very good engine. market value new is about 160 new

modellor 04-22-2003 04:47 PM

Sounds like it might be the new Mugen MR12. I dont think it is the MT12 as it says MT12 on the side of the case.
I doubt it is the S3 as it would say S3 and Racing on the top of the head.

Ron C. 04-22-2003 04:56 PM

Re: Ebay shopping disaster - NovaRossi question.

Originally posted by chachi
I purchased a NovaRossi S5 .12 from a guy off Ebay back in February. After a month of haggling, he finally admitted he didn't acutally have one, and his supplier couldn't get him one (sounds dodgy eh?). So, he offered to refund me some money and send an S3 instead. After another wait of 2 weeks, an engine finally showed up today in an unmarked box with no manual, and no money order refund. This, I suppose, is the price I pay for trying to get an engine at the cheapest possible cost.

Anyway, the engine does appear to be a Nova, but the crankcase has M12 on one side and Nova on the other. The head is purple, but does not have anything printed on it. What type of Nova engine is it?!?!?

Chachi,

I agree with modellor, it sounds like an MR12.
Its still a pretty good engine but I find the S3 to be better and
I know cost a bit more.
You should have fun with that motor, though you still should get
a partial refund back (depending on how much you initially paid).

Who is this guy? How did his Feedback Rating look?
If you dont want to reveal his ID, could you
just PM me.?
I do ebay too and would like to know who to stay away from.

Thanks and good luck !

modellor 04-22-2003 05:18 PM

Me too. I buy a lot from ebay and quite a bit from EbayUSA.

Ducati998 04-22-2003 05:39 PM

Hey man, can you please help me out by letting me know who he is? I shop on Ebay alot, I wan't to beware of this guy. Your help is very apperciated. If you want to, you can just email me at [email protected] or PM me. Thanx very much!:spidey:

chachi 04-22-2003 05:45 PM

thanks for the quick replies.

originally, i paid $160 US for the S5 plus $20 shipping from miami to vancouver, canada. after the run-around with the S5, it was going to be $130 plus $20 shipping for the S3. i didn't get the $30 refund he promised.

how do you tell the difference between the MT-12 and the MR-12?

before i post his name and info, i am going to give him one more chance now that i know the details. if he doesn't take car of it, i will post his info.

eddiethefish 04-22-2003 05:51 PM

Originally posted by chachi
thanks for the quick replies.

originally, i paid $160 US for the S5 plus $20 shipping from miami to vancouver, canada. after the run-around with the S5, it was going to be $130 plus $20 shipping for the S3. i didn't get the $30 refund he promised.

how do you tell the difference between the MT-12 and the MR-12?

before i post his name and info, i am going to give him one more chance now that i know the details. if he doesn't take car of it, i will post his info.

Wow! $130 for an S3? Too good to be true!:weird:

rcpilot 04-22-2003 05:53 PM

Take the backplate off on the motor and you will see a cut on the top of it. Also there will be a chanell on the back of the connecting rod facing the front bearings. If you see those its an mr-12.

The mr-12 is basically a short rod mt-12.

paulfitipauldi 04-22-2003 06:43 PM

almost same problem!

Hi guys,

A month ago a have the same problem with a person who sales engines at Ebay too.. The auction says , Novarossi S5 .12 engine brand new!! I finish the auction in $150.00 plus $20.00 of shipping!! Woww!! :weird: Everything went allright with the guy , faster response , fast emails , even he gave me a tracking number! ,, but when the package arrive and i opened it was an MT12 engine :flaming: Inmediatly i sent him an email asking for the engine that he ship to me, and he says is the same motor of the auction but with different package!! LOL!! what a dumb guy !! but he understand my opinion about the auction and he send me a refund of $30.00,,

now in his auctions he puts the real engine he is selling,, for no future misunderstandings,, his name is aldo marchante and his email adress is [email protected] ,, at least we have a deal at the final :nod: :confused:

ciao!!

chachi 04-22-2003 06:45 PM

hopefully this will do the trick

first of all, thanks for your help.

now, the email i sent him. if things don't work out, i will post his info.
>
>
>
Hi.

Well, the good news is the engine arrived. Thank you for sending it quickly and as a sample.

Now the bad news.

I originally bought an NovaRossi S5 off of you, through ebay, for a great deal. After a couple of weeks, you finally leveled with me and indicated that you did not have the S5 and could not get one. We agreed that you would refund me $30 and send me a NovaRossi S3. At that point I figured I was being patient, and would give you a chance to sort it all out. Today, more than a month after the auction ended and I paid, I receive a engine in the mail in an unmarked box with no manual, and also no $30 money order refund. The engine appeared not to be an S3, so I posted to a couple of web forums to find out exactly what it is. Turns out it is a Mugen/Novarossi MT-12. This is not the engine I agreed to buy from you. So, as it stands, you have $191.00 US of mine, and I have an engine that I never agreed to buying nor do I really want.

Already, members of the web forums where I posted have asked for your name so they can avoid you on Ebay. I told them I would give you one more chance before I posted your name and info.

What can you do for me to rectify the situation?

chachi 04-22-2003 06:46 PM

paulfitipauldi: that sounds remarkably familiar. that is the guy....

Ducati998 04-22-2003 06:52 PM

Maybe we should start a post of warning other peoples of bad Ebay sellers. Hopefully there just only this two guy out there. But I would like to see one of those post, I also buy alot of stuff on Ebay.:spidey:

RedScorp 04-22-2003 07:00 PM

I've been screwed on Ebay before and actually had a guy arrested for fraudulent sales on ebay...granted there were also about 20 other people that got jipped as well.

Something I would suggest...make ALL Ebay purchases with a credit card, not a debit card and not straight from your bank account. With a credit card you can call your card company and tell them to hold the payment and advise them of the situation...this way the guy gets nothing or at the least you won't get charged for it.

Secondly, I would get in touch with Ebay's purchase protection people. Advise them of the situation and ask them to help. They should and most likely will at the very least reimburse you for the money you gave this guy. Although there is a $$$ limit to how much they will insure the auction for. I think it may be $200.

Lastly, you should contact paypal and see what you can do through there. At the least, advise them of the situation as well and let them take care of everything that they can do. In the meantime I would send this dip$h1t a 'request for money' back through paypal and see if he will send you the money back.

If I can think of anything further, I'll post later.

Ducati998 04-22-2003 07:05 PM

After reading the post, I probably will never by anything over $100 again, unless it a COD.:spidey: