Wiki Posts
Search

engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default engine problem

Im having a hard time getting my engine started. I raced last weekend and it started fine. Today I went to start it and it wont start. The plug is fine I even put a new one in it. The engine is a eb mods os 12 tz. It seems like the engine isnt getting any fuel. I have to turn it over on the starter box or about one minute just to see a little fuel going threw the lines. The clutch nut is tight also. Only thing i did different is I switched from tq fuels 30% to maxys 25%
Old 06-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

check if you fuel filter is blocked
try pulling the fuel line off the carb nipple do the same on the pipe and blow with you mouth in to the line that goes in to the tank and see if fuel come's out the end were you just pulled off the carb nipple
Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Im having a hard time getting my engine started. I raced last weekend and it started fine. Today I went to start it and it wont start. The plug is fine I even put a new one in it. The engine is a eb mods os 12 tz. It seems like the engine isnt getting any fuel. I have to turn it over on the starter box or about one minute just to see a little fuel going threw the lines. The clutch nut is tight also. Only thing i did different is I switched from tq fuels 30% to maxys 25%

usually if no fuel, or very little enters the engine it is due to a air leak in the tank. get some new clean fuel line, take all the fuel out of the tank and put the fuel line in top of the tank lid nipple

now block the fuel exit nipple and blow through the line, it should give resistance when you do this. If you get no resistance your tank has a leak. make sure that you take your finger of the fuel exit nipple before you stop blowing through the line or else you will get fuel coming up through the fuel line

another way to test the tank is put it under water, and do the same as above.

could also be a leak some where int he carb? it may have come loose.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Try this..... open your HSN 1/2 a turn and start it, you'll be surprise that it will start right up.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

o.s. engines are really tight. if it is new or recently broken in you will have trouble starting it at times usually about 8-11 tanks loosens it up nice.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I did try opening the hsn a half turn. The engine problay has a little less than a half gallon threw it. When turning over on the starter box it doesnt sound like it is close to starting., sounds like when a plug is bad and trying to start it.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

your carb is probably clogged from dried oil from last run,open hsn 2 turns and put it on starter box crank it and plug the pipe, you should see the fuel enter the motor,once started just rev it a few times and the close the needle back.hope this helps
Old 06-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Charge your ignitor
Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Check the tank, the hoses for cracks or leaks. If that dosesn't work, remove the engine and break it down. Check for garbage in the HSN or the banjoe fitting on the carb.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Old 06-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pipe block

just to share once i couldn.t start my engine...i was like spending half an hour to figure out , it was my pipe that had some blockage ,which blocks the whole cycle..