Kyosho VoneR Thread >

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

How do I mix 40%??
simple, mix two equal part of 20% nitro fuel !
Old 01-31-2002, 06:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

simple, mix two equal part of 20% nitro fuel !

Have you tried the NR fuel additive that Ah Leung is using on his .21?? It sounds interesting!!
Old 01-31-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Have you tried the NR fuel additive that Ah Leung is using on his .21?? It sounds interesting!!
no, I saw him show off those bottles two months ago. there are different spec but I dont really care about it ! what you need is precise tunning of the needles but not the additives.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:00 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

hmmm... I just found it on the NR site..... I think it was the 1N1 he was using..... has anyone used this stuff? What effect does it have??
Old 01-31-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
hmmm... I just found it on the NR site..... I think it was the 1N1 he was using..... has anyone used this stuff? What effect does it have??
it is just another additive such as "SLICK 50" for real car.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

I used an OS no.8 in the TR for a bit. I went back to the five because I figured I've already got a ton of compression with the 30%. I run at SVM which is very large. I'm geared as high as I can get the car, but I know the backstraight still really winds the engine out, especially when I lift for sweeper and subsequently peddle the throttle as the car reverts back to first gear. I figured if I could retard the engine ignition a tad, that it has more of a compression buffer zone than running an No.8 (rather than add shims). I think if I ran an 8, I would get higher temps running 30% and less room for tuning error before detonation occurs. In other words I'm thinking that if I ran an 8, I would have more problems with overheating and detonation tan the 5. All in all, I just needed to richen up a bit. Anyone have comments on this thinking?
Old 01-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Question: Besides the Picco .15 (which has the same bolt mounting pattern as a .12), has anyone put an engine bigger thana .12 on their V-ONE R? I am going to try a project with my Outlaw V-ONE R and see what's the biggest engine I can put in the car, what do I need to mount it and what cluttch, gear set, etc.do I need for the engine. At one of our local tracks, their is no limit as to the engine you can use in the Outlaw class, so I want to try to build and race a car with a crazy powerplant!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo
Question: Besides the Picco .15 (which has the same bolt mounting pattern as a .12), has anyone put an engine bigger thana .12 on their V-ONE R? I am going to try a project with my Outlaw V-ONE R and see what's the biggest engine I can put in the car, what do I need to mount it and what cluttch, gear set, etc.do I need for the engine. At one of our local tracks, their is no limit as to the engine you can use in the Outlaw class, so I want to try to build and race a car with a crazy powerplant!
Someone managed to place a .21 sized engine on a 1/10 200mm! It was quite sometime back on the HPI site... If I don't remember wrongly, it was a Yoko or something... The whole car sure looks ugly... something like an "upswing" beneath your pants!!
Sorry, I don't mean to be crude here...
Check it out...
With that kind of capacity on a 1/10, I reckon you would not be able to see the car as it passes you... Whoosh! And you're on the other end of that straight!!! Kinda cool huh....
Old 02-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo
Hey Adel... ever thought of planting a turbine engine onto your 1/10 as well?
Old 02-01-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MORE POWER

adelmundo: I have big block .15 in Serpent Impulse, so I'm pretty sure you could shoehorn it into V1R. Big blocks are both longer and wider than standard .12's. There is a good bit of cutting and fitting, but it is worth it if you want ultimate speed. Besides .15's and .21's share outside dimensions, so if you get bored of .15 you can always get .21!!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Art I would spend the cash and get a modified engine, like all the other guys who run at delta well except me, mine is bone stock
Old 02-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Art I would spend the cash and get a modified engine, like all the other guys who run at delta well except me, mine is bone stock
How about a modified .15 LOL!
Old 02-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mauler

Someone managed to place a .21 sized engine on a 1/10 200mm! It was quite sometime back on the HPI site... If I don't remember wrongly, it was a Yoko or something... The whole car sure looks ugly... something like an "upswing" beneath your pants!!
Sorry, I don't mean to be crude here...
Check it out...
With that kind of capacity on a 1/10, I reckon you would not be able to see the car as it passes you... Whoosh! And you're on the other end of that straight!!! Kinda cool huh....
Sticking a .21 sized engine would be great for a place like SVM don't you think? hehehehe
Old 02-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Best place to buy V1R?

Anyone know where to get the V1R for the lowest price? Thanks
Old 02-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Best place to buy V1R?

Originally posted by Leinzey
Anyone know where to get the V1R for the lowest price? Thanks
Tokyo, Japan !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.