Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dtm

Thk God there is someone else out there with a TR....... for a minute I thought I was the ONLY 'stupid' one!!!
There are others around too...
I have mine on my V One.
Some of my local guys even claimed the TR going down the straights with a JP by the side! For those who have tried it, it's much better than the previous OSs but most importantly, it's FAST!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 07:24 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mauler

There are others around too...
I have mine on my V One.
Some of my local guys even claimed the TR going down the straights with a JP by the side! For those who have tried it, it's much better than the previous OSs but most importantly, it's FAST!!!
hmm... I'm looking foward to running mine in this weekend.... if it doesn't rain!!

One more question. I intend running 30% nitro on the TR. I know that you have to use 0.2mm additional shim on the NR engines when you run 30%... Does anyone know whether addtional shims are necessary on the TR? I have already made up 2 NR shims for the TR! Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by DanielSon
Jonathon- I got 3 sets of hub carriers, 2 sets up front arms, 2 sets of rear arms, some spurs and pinions, shock towers, pivot balls, pivot ball sockets and a few others but I forget were loaded though.
Cool!!! Where did you get'em from?? Give me a call when you read this.

Old 01-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jonathan
HAG.

Castle is not that bad... considering over 150 entries at every race... I mean there will always be jerks no matter where you go. But don't let a few diquheds keep you away from the best show in town. BTW... congrats on running a great race...you have proven that you don't need to have good looks to be a winner!!! What? Oh... I was talking about your car..

Thanks for the kind words I think.....my wife thinks I am a damn handsom fellow as for the car who said you need a $75 paint job to go fast............but it would look pretty

I think I will pass on Castle to race, I do know I might make it down there a couple of times I owe a friend of mine a race or 2
Old 01-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

dtm: I'm running 30% in my OS TR, without extra shimming. Seems really good. I did blow up one A5 plug when I switched mid-day to Sidewinder fuel. I was running a bit lean and the Sidewinder also has less lubricant (10%) so I think that was the problem. I never rebroke the engine in with the new fuel. I richened up a click or two and finished a twenty minute main later that day. The newer glow plug looked okay. I don't think a shim could hurt, but I believe the manual said it's okay up to 30% in stock form. I'll let you know if I have any problems down the line...
Old 01-30-2002, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got a TR. Any advice that I can following in breaking-in the engine? Or any article on the net that teaches you how to break-in an engine? The last time I dealt with an engine was during the old school of thought where engines should be broken-in VERY rich, which many sources (mags, racers) now say its wrong. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kevink2
dtm: I'm running 30% in my OS TR, without extra shimming. Seems really good. I did blow up one A5 plug when I switched mid-day to Sidewinder fuel. I was running a bit lean and the Sidewinder also has less lubricant (10%) so I think that was the problem. I never rebroke the engine in with the new fuel. I richened up a click or two and finished a twenty minute main later that day. The newer glow plug looked okay. I don't think a shim could hurt, but I believe the manual said it's okay up to 30% in stock form. I'll let you know if I have any problems down the line...
I'm running no. 8 on 25%, without shimming.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Just got a TR. Any advice that I can following in breaking-in the engine? Or any article on the net that teaches you how to break-in an engine? The last time I dealt with an engine was during the old school of thought where engines should be broken-in VERY rich, which many sources (mags, racers) now say its wrong. Thanks.
Use that no. 5 for breaking in. Switch on to no. 8 after that... Follow the instructions on the manual, u shouldn't go wrong... I don't see anything wrong with running rich... BTW, the % of nitro u are running matters too...
Old 01-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TOO rich would cause too much stress on the conrod?
Old 01-31-2002, 12:49 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kevink2
Thanks Kevink2... that good to hear! I have already bought a no.8 plug for running. Use to have bad experiences with the A5 plug blowing when I had a HPI .15SS.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Not sure about that, but running too rich means u are not optimising the power of ur engine, and at the same time, u would be wasting too much fuel... good for the lifespan of the engine though... run it to the optimum and richen it by 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn...
Old 01-31-2002, 01:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mauler

I'm running no. 8 on 25%, without shimming.
Thanks Mauler! Unfortunately when you have crazy drivers like Manticore coming up the rear.... you need every % of nitro!!!

Last edited by dtm; 01-31-2002 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

That would depend on "how rich?" There is a theory that a rich engine would lead to lower engine running temps which can result in less expansion of the cylinder leading to tighter fit on piston and thus more loading on the conrod because of it!

I'm not convinced that it would make that much difference... but thats how the 'theory' goes!!
Old 01-31-2002, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Thanks Mauler! Unfortunately when you crazy drivers like Manticore coming up the rear.... you need every % of nitro!!!
I only treat this as a compliment !
Old 01-31-2002, 06:49 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

I only treat this as a compliment !
How do I mix 40%??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.